Camaroguru is offline Junior Member

Thrombophlebitis....advice please

Cliffs to keep it short:
    --47 yr old
    --started first cycle of 300mg/wk test c
    --got 2 weeks in (I only pinned 4 times) and found out my job is being moved so stopped cycle
    --But, about 1.5 weeks in I noticed lump and sore on inside of thigh
    --got it checked and it's phlebitis
    --doc all confused how this started because I'm incredibly healthy, always have been, with great history of bloods
    --having ultrasound on both legs tomorrow to see how serious

Question is, do I, for my health and safety, buck up and tell him I tried test? Is this a pretty common thing that is easily curable or did I thicken my blood and I really should tell him?
    Bloodwork comes back friday and probably go on thinners. Is this OK knowing what I have done or again, should I tell him?

Advice greatly appreciated as I'm pretty confused right about now...

I am by no means an expert but...
    I don't think 2 weeks of 300mg of test can cause that much blood thickening.
    (Heck, you noticed it 1.5 weeks in.)

Besides that...
    Not sure if I would tell the doctor.
    I probably wouldn't.
    Maybe if I had been on a heavy cycle for months.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaroguru View Post
    Cliffs to keep it short:
    --47 yr old
    --started first cycle of 300mg/wk test c
    --got 2 weeks in (I only pinned 4 times) and found out my job is being moved so stopped cycle
    --But, about 1.5 weeks in I noticed lump and sore on inside of thigh
    --got it checked and it's phlebitis
    --doc all confused how this started because I'm incredibly healthy, always have been, with great history of bloods
    --having ultrasound on both legs tomorrow to see how serious

Question is, do I, for my health and safety, buck up and tell him I tried test? Is this a pretty common thing that is easily curable or did I thicken my blood and I really should tell him?
    Bloodwork comes back friday and probably go on thinners. Is this OK knowing what I have done or again, should I tell him?

Advice greatly appreciated as I'm pretty confused right about now...
    Did you pinned in thigh ?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, if you had pre-cycle bloodwork like you should, you would not be in this situation.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Well, if you had pre-cycle bloodwork like you should, you would not be in this situation.
    Mr.BB, why ? I guess unlikely he had high HCT before cycle and/or an imparied lipids panel... maybe you mean coagulation factors as V Leiden, VIII, XI and protrombin gene... ?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Mr.BB, why ? I guess unlikely he had high HCT before cycle and/or an imparied lipids panel... maybe you mean coagulation factors as V Leiden, VIII, XI and protrombin gene... ?
    Maybe my choice of words was incorrect.

When I mean the situation of not knowing how hematocrit, etc was before using testosterone .

Its unlikely everything was normal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Maybe my choice of words was incorrect.

When I mean the situation of not knowing how hematocrit, etc was before using testosterone .

Its unlikely everything was normal.
    I agree to have this happen 5 days after his first shot of 150mg everything wasn't normal....ive never encountered anyone here ever experiencing this ever, even after a full cycle...not that it hasn't I'm just not aware of it...

I agree too, that my levels probably were not good to start a cycle in the first place; my bad and I'm paying for it now. I feel like I did everything else correctly, did tons of homework, had a great source, confident in the gear and my Ai; just couldn't get bloodwork done in my state so I chose to start it without. Hopefully others read this and get bloodwork pre mid and post so they don't go through this.
    Ironic thing is, if my job had not changed, I would still be pinning right now so I guess I got someone watching out for me and it's working out for the better anyway.
    I guess I'll wait to hear what the results of the bloodwork and ultrasound are and go from there. I'll keep you posted and I appreciate any words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaroguru View Post
    I agree too, that my levels probably were not good to start a cycle in the first place; my bad and I'm paying for it now. I feel like I did everything else correctly, did tons of homework, had a great source, confident in the gear and my Ai; just couldn't get bloodwork done in my state so I chose to start it without. Hopefully others read this and get bloodwork pre mid and post so they don't go through this.
    Ironic thing is, if my job had not changed, I would still be pinning right now so I guess I got someone watching out for me and it's working out for the better anyway.
    I guess I'll wait to hear what the results of the bloodwork and ultrasound are and go from there. I'll keep you posted and I appreciate any words.
    that's a great way of looking at it who knows how serious this could have been...

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Soo..did you pin your inner thigh?? Or this knotted up sore showed up on the inner thigh im really not following you here i apologize.

No, I pinned lower outer quads. Then 2 sores, 3 inches long each with hard lump under sore showed up on inner thigh. I guess it's a common spot for this to happen; if it's going to happen.

Thread Information