Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Vash the Stampede
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 3 Post By Euroholic
  • 1 Post By InternalFire

Thread: Genetics - The "secret" formula

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member

Genetics - The "secret" formula

I believe not enough emphasis is placed on genetics when it comes to using and choosing various AAS. There are a lot of misconceptions and illogical assumptions based on "'bro science'". Hopefully I can address this issue effectively by using a Q & A format. Please feel free to add anything you might feel is relevant.

1. Skinny guy walks up to a body builders and asks, "Dude please tell me what you are taking, so I can take it and look like you!"

I've got bad news for you. Even if you took exactly what the body builder takes, you WILL NOT look like him. He and you have a completely DIFFERENT set of genetics, which will determine your response to AAS, the size/shape/proportions of your physique and so on. What the body builder takes works for HIM and HIM ALONE, this determined after many cycles of trail and error.

2. Skinny guy says "If I took the amount of gear that pro body builders take, I could easily be a pro!"

More bad news for the skinny bro. If all it took was massive amounts of gear to be a pro, then we would have many more thousands of pro body builders than we have now. I've met countless guys who take over a gram a week and look like they have never even taken steroids . Again genetics is the overriding factor.

3. Skinny dude says "I have small calves/chest/lats etc, and would like to juice it up and change the proportions of my physique"

Unfortunately, while it is possible to improve weak points, the length of your bones, the length of your muscles bellies, the insertion points etc, CANNOT BE CHANGED by AAS. The perfect example of this is Kai Green. Look closely and the gap between his bicep and inner elbow. Short muscle belly right, I have exactly the same problem, and it cant be fixed.

3. Some say that the top pro body builders would still have been at the top, if AAS had not been invented, but just 20 pounds lighter.

I call bullshit on this one. I believe it is the genetic RESPONSE to AAS which influences the pro physique most. All the top pro's train religiously, eat like machines, and juice hard. But why don't they all look the same? Ultimately it is genetics that determines how well the body responds to AAS, the severity of side effects, and the ability to continually grow and improve.

I'll end off by saying I was not genetically gifted in any way whatsoever. I was an extreme ectomorph my entire life, and I still struggle to gain lean muscles tissue with a perfect diet and monster training program. Curse the pro's! I'm just peanut butter and jealous haha
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 08-25-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    Marsoc likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I agree on the response about how your body responds to gear..i for one respond great with test only cycles
    Marsoc likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Not all people can get as big as a pro.Genetics play a big part no matter how much aas you take.And food is more important that aas.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Pros are sweating oil like crazy...not worth it to me...

i'm starting to think that i may have just been lazy and stupid. lol!
    who knows what my genetics are saying. they haven't ever said much, but i know that i now have the following in check.
    diet (controlling myself)
    routine (slaying myself)

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    I believe not enough emphasis is placed on genetics when it comes to using and choosing various AAS. There are a lot of misconceptions and illogical assumptions based on "'bro science'". Hopefully I can address this issue effectively by using a Q & A format. Please feel free to add anything you might feel is relevant.

1. Skinny guy walks up to a body builders and asks, "Dude please tell me what you are taking, so I can take it and look like you!"

I've got bad news for you. Even if you took exactly what the body builder takes, you WILL NOT look like him. He and you have a completely DIFFERENT set of genetics, which will determine your response to AAS, the size/shape/proportions of your physique and so on. What the body builder takes works for HIM and HIM ALONE, this determined after many cycles of trail and error.

2. Skinny guy says "If I took the amount of gear that pro body builders take, I could easily be a pro!"

More bad news for the skinny bro. If all it took was massive amounts of gear to be a pro, then we would have many more thousands of pro body builders than we have now. I've met countless guys who take over a gram a week and look like they have never even taken steroids . Again genetics is the overriding factor.

3. Skinny dude says "I have small calves/chest/lats etc, and would like to juice it up and change the proportions of my physique"

Unfortunately, while it is possible to improve weak points, the length of your bones, the length of your muscles bellies, the insertion points etc, CANNOT BE CHANGED by AAS. The perfect example of this is Kai Green. Look closely and the gap between his bicep and inner elbow. Short muscle belly right, I have exactly the same problem, and it can be fixed.

3. Some say that the top pro body builders would still have been at the top, if AAS had not been invented, but just 20 pounds lighter.

I call bullshit on this one. I believe it is the genetic RESPONSE to AAS which influences the pro physique most. All the top pro's train religiously, eat like machines, and juice hard. But why don't they all look the same? Ultimately it is genetics that determines how well the body responds to AAS, the severity of side effects, and the ability to continually grow and improve.

I'll end of by saying I was not genetically gifted in any way whatsoever. I was an extreme ectomorph my entire life, and I still struggle to gain lean muscles tissue with a perfect diet and monster training program. Curse the pro's! I'm just peanut butter and jealous haha
    Lol "peanut butter and jealous " he said. Hahah good points though man. I try to stress this to some cats that have the same questions

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Do gentics help? Yes of course they do. But more so at your elite levels. you can still look like a animal if you dedicate yourself enough. You get out what you put in.

nukzahaha is offline Junior Member
    i agree with you

i am ectomorph same i know even hard juice i can't be bigger like my idol, i know my bone is smaller than him

even me and him not building muscle, he still look bigger than me.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    Unfortunately, while it is possible to improve weak points, the length of your bones, the length of your muscles bellies, the insertion points etc, CANNOT BE CHANGED by AAS. The perfect example of this is Kai Green. Look closely and the gap between his bicep and inner elbow. Short muscle belly right, I have exactly the same problem, and it can be fixed.
    How? I have very long arms and shorts biceps.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe that the majority of people do have a potential for great achievements in BB, etc, but very few has the genetic deficiency/predisposition to express the genes that others would, so unless one was born with the said missing link in his genes, additional drastic chemical changes in ones body would activate/amplify sleeping dormant genes that had no chance previously due to lack of right biological environmental conditions (prior the introduction of steroids /hormones) and if proper biological environment is being created, maintained and nourished over the time results will show providing proper work is being put in consistently.
    How much will they show - most times will only depend on to ones mentality, determination and work ethics. If one is lacking of major link in genes to build muscle, strength and good physique - tough luck.

thats my .02cent
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    How? I have very long arms and shorts biceps.
    Apologies for my error. I have edited my original post to say that it CANT be fixed.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Noted...

Thread Information