Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Vash the Stampede
  • 1 Post By TestoSuper
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Steroid users will never recover natural test levels?

Greenmuscle is offline New Member

Steroid users will never recover natural test levels?

Any thoughts on this study published this year? The former users were said to be cognizant of pct and ai procedures.

According to this study, Seems that former aas users will never recover natural test levels in spite of PCT. What I don't understand is their LH/FSH seems very high but their testosterone production is not responding.

Permanent damage?

You can read the study here:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0161208
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Former Abusers of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Exhibit Decreased Testosterone Levels and Hypogonadal Symptoms Years after Cessation: A Case-Control Study.

Rasmussen JJ, Selmer C, Østergren PB, Pedersen KB, Schou M, Gustafsson F, Faber J, Juul A, Kistorp C. (2016).

Published: August 17,2016

CONCLUSIONS:

Former AAS abusers exhibited significantly lower plasma testosterone levels and higher frequencies of symptoms suggestive of hypogonadism than healthy control participants years after AAS cessation. Current AAS abusers exhibited severely decreased AMH and inhibin B indicative of impaired spermatogenesis.

Going to the dark side has its risks.
    Most on this board believe that you will never recover 100% after a cycle.
    devil-1986 likes this.

I've never been the same, but i don't give a sh1t.

"why the hell not?" chemical enhancement comes at the cost of a piece of your soul, but the benefits they give me outweigh the risks/cost. what I've lost doesn't mean much to me anyways. I've conquered that world and can continue to do so with AAS. I've also got a kid, so what's stopping me? Nothing. Not only do AAS enhance you physically, but they enhance you mentally as well. If something has value then it is not free, yes?

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    The study is accurate. Its conclusion is valid.

BUT NOBODY GIVES A SHIT!
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmuscle View Post
    Any thoughts on this study published this year? The former users were said to be cognizant of pct and ai procedures.

According to this study, Seems that former aas users will never recover natural test levels in spite of PCT. What I don't understand is their LH/FSH seems very high but their testosterone production is not responding.

Permanent damage?

Former Abusers of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Exhibit Decreased Testosterone Levels and Hypogonadal Symptoms Years after Cessation: A Case-Control Study.

Rasmussen JJ, Selmer C, Østergren PB, Pedersen KB, Schou M, Gustafsson F, Faber J, Juul A, Kistorp C. (2016).

CONCLUSIONS:

Former AAS abusers exhibited significantly lower plasma testosterone levels and higher frequencies of symptoms suggestive of hypogonadism than healthy control participants years after AAS cessation. Current AAS abusers exhibited severely decreased AMH and inhibin B indicative of impaired spermatogenesis.
    " abuser" ....dos this apply to someone doing a moderate testosterone only cycle for the first time?

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmuscle View Post

Permanent damage?

CONCLUSIONS:

nothing new in the article ... the key word is in bold
    Marsoc likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I really dont know bease I never ran blood. All I know is I don't suffer from past use. I haven't cycled in eight years+. 99.9% of people cannot keep up with me. Maybe it's a mindset I have and I do have low test and don't know it. I had natural gyno as a teen. I have the cut of an 18 year old track star but I have the joints of a 50 year old. I also don't give a damn if I do and I wouldn't go back and undo my past. It was a good decision and it taught me a lot about nutrition and athletics in general. Do not just cycle. Get on here and study for what you wish to achieve and be sure of what you want. Gear is not power, knowledge is power. Gear is a tool use it wisely. Study for a year especially if you are very young (I did). You have nothing but time and you can screw yourself for life if you rush it or don't know what you are doing. Anything can be abused. Do it right and I bet it greatly enhances your life, do it wrong and you will have only yourself to blame.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    BTW I don't think it decreased sperm production. When I tried to have a kid it was immediate conception. I even called it out on the last one! I said "Boom there's our daughter"!
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
    The study is accurate. Its conclusion is valid. BUT NOBODY GIVES A SHIT!
    Well... people should.
    Obspowerstroke likes this.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    "High proportions of both current and former AAS abusers reported regularly using hCG or aromatase inhibitors following AAS cycles"

HCG *OR* aromatase inhibitors ? And *FOLLOWING* a cycle ?

1) HCG MUST BE USED DURING THE CYCLE, IN SMALL DOSAGES TO PRESERVE TESTS TROFISM AND FUNCTIONALITY
    2) If you use AFTER your cycle in your PCT, you can blast your TESTS, risking to damage them, irreversibly. This is what they did i think, because nothing is specificated about they used HCG.

Further:

"Current AAS abusers had the smallest testicular volume (12.2 (0.7) ml)"

While on cycle, your Tests never should shrink! If you preserve your Tests healthy using wisely HCG, how they could be result damage in time ? HCG mimics LH, so what's the hystory ?

The study it's true and it has reason: UNAWARE ABUSERS.

USE HCG 250ui/E3.5D ALWAYS IN YOUR CYCLE. ALWAYS ! Read PLEASE:

HCG: Why you should use it on-cycle only & how to prepare your hCG for injections
    Last edited by Slacker78; 09-06-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Thread Information