Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Short vs long cycles

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Short vs long cycles

What is your preference?

Do you start to respond half around the 5-6 weeks mark and grow until the cycle ends at around 12-14 weeks?

Or do you respond straight away and grow and gains slow and stop after 6-7 and any continuation is pointless?

Also, are you one of these guys who grows on cycle and loses it all after the cycle ends?

Do you prefer a good solid 12 week cycle or a shorter solid cycle around 6 weeks ish
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

suasponte1983 is offline Junior Member
    I prefer short cycles with short esters.
    Did test E cycles twice. Started feeing it after 2 weeks. Gains stopped around 8-9 weeks. Last 3 weeks was waste just added more sides.
    After pct lost about 1/3rd of gains.

Currently into 2 week PCT after test p tren a mast p cycle.
    Had amazing results. so far lost 1-2 lbs but I look more cut then on cycle.
    marcus300 likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've only done 12 week cycles but I've always noticed growth slowing down 6-8 week mark..after reasearching sbc iam starting to think running my cycle to a predetermined time makes no sense..I should plan on 12 and just run untill the gains slow even after variations in training or diet and sides become more pronounced..
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suasponte1983 View Post
    I prefer short cycles with short esters.
    Did test E cycles twice. Started feeing it after 2 weeks. Gains stopped around 8-9 weeks. Last 3 weeks was waste just added more sides.
    After pct lost about 1/3rd of gains.

Currently into 2 week PCT after test p tren a mast p cycle.
    Had amazing results. so far lost 1-2 lbs but I look more cut then on cycle.
    How many cycles have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I've only done 12 week cycles but I've always noticed growth slowing down 6-8 week mark..after reasearching sbc iam starting to think running my cycle to a predetermined time makes no sense..I should plan on 12 and just run untill the gains slow even after variations in training or diet and sides become more pronounced..

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I like a cycle or blast short and sweet just like a great HIT session.

Get in get the job done then get out.
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Maybe 20 or so..I dunno when I started using I had NO clue about anything we were working off a old anabolic bible and I was way too young..like 17 18 diet wasn't right and we just went hard in the gym..my first legit cycle were I planned and reasearched was in my mid 20's that was when I was in my best shape had access to anything pharm grade was training and dieting great..

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Maybe 20 or so..I dunno when I started using I had NO clue about anything we were working off a old anabolic bible and I was way too young..like 17 18 diet wasn't right and we just went hard in the gym..my first legit cycle were I planned and reasearched was in my mid 20's that was when I was in my best shape had access to anything pharm grade was training and dieting great..
    What are your stats Kong?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    ah.. subbed, gotta follow this, interesting

What are your stats Kong?
    5 "10" 240 15 percent bodyfat

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    It seems to depend for me... Short esters I'm in and out and stop growing by wk 6-8.... Long esters like Nan D I'll run 10-12wks b/c it seems I respond later but finish stronger?! Something I kinda just realized - if I want to continue my blast I'll try upping a compound for a couple wks and if by the first wk I'm not responding - stop time!

You guys that run shorter cycles do you use more gear than you would when compared to a lot German cycle?

How many and what kind do of compounds do you like using?
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    You guys that run shorter cycles do you use more gear than you would when compared to a lot German cycle?

Test prop NPP or tren Ace winny and or a-drol pulsed is my personal preference - all short esters I'm done growing by wk 8 although I have backloaded orals( to get me past a sticking point)...

What compounds for you w/short esters, Numbere? I know mast is in your single digit repertoire
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your preference?

Do you start to respond half around the 5-6 weeks mark and grow until the cycle ends at around 12-14 weeks?

Or do you respond straight away and grow and gains slow and stop after 6-7 and any continuation is pointless?

Also, are you one of these guys who grows on cycle and loses it all after the cycle ends?

Do you prefer a good solid 12 week cycle or a shorter solid cycle around 6 weeks ish
    Long (never tried short)

I respond quiet quickly usually. Around 3 weeks in. And start to fade away around 10ish.

I have been one of those guys. Life always throws a curve ball at you.

Would love to try a short 6 week cycle. But only short ester I have tried is tren ace. Plus not sure if I could handle the volume of oil needed in a short burst.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

I would design a cycle suited to how I grow and what my goals are going to be. Dosages are depended on the individual but you don't have use more mg per week if you don't need to, that would depend how you respond to any kind of cycle if your an early responder you can keep with the usually. I personally would increase my dose because I would grow much better and the sides are less because its only being run for a short period of time so I would get the benefits of an increased dose with less sides and better recovery.

Compounds used are strictly what make me grow and are designed for the goals, if I am doing a bulker I would hit the bulking compounds and cutting I would go with less water retaining ones. I can give you some of my cycles previous if you want but they are purely designed for me my size and my goals but I don't mind if you want me to show a standard short cycle if need be
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Long (never tried short)

I respond quiet quickly usually. Around 3 weeks in. And start to fade away around 10ish.

I have been one of those guys. Life always throws a curve ball at you.

Would love to try a short 6 week cycle. But only short ester I have tried is tren ace. Plus not sure if I could handle the volume of oil needed in a short burst.
    Sounds like you would benefit more to a shorter cycle

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    What compounds for you w/short esters, Numbere? I know mast is in your single digit repertoire
    Prop, NPP and ace all at the same time is my personal favorite.

Been trying something new where I bulk for 2-3 weeks then cut for 2-3 weeks. With those 3 compounds I'm able to add muscle even during the cut.

Usually run prop the same at 350/week. In the bulk phase I'll run the NPP higher and on the cut phase I'll use a bit more ace.
    NACH3 likes this.

I would design a cycle suited to how I grow and what my goals are going to be. Dosages are depended on the individual but you don't have use more mg per week if you don't need to, that would depend how you respond to any kind of cycle if your an early responder you can keep with the usually. I personally would increase my dose because I would grow much better and the sides are less because its only being run for a short period of time so I would get the benefits of an increased dose with less sides and better recovery.

Compounds used are strictly what make me grow and are designed for the goals, if I am doing a bulker I would hit the bulking compounds and cutting I would go with less water retaining ones. I can give you some of my cycles previous if you want but they are purely designed for me my size and my goals but I don't mind if you want me to show a standard short cycle if need be
    We're definitely on the same page and i agree with most of this but I don't see much of a difference new tissue wise with higher doses.

It likely has something to do with the fact that you have like 30kg of more muscle than I do lol.

Will be interesting to see if higher doses work better as I become more developed.

Would be nice to look at some of your previous cycles.

Or should I say blasts?

You've only had one cycle right lol?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I grow from the first hour. But it stops at week 6-7 no matter what.
    I prefer a long cycly infront of and through the summer to stay big all that time.
    But a short blast infront of christmas in order to have a wonderful desember.
    Looking into bridging with gh and igf1 and mk677 as sarmsbridging is stupid and i feel trtbridging and crusing de-edge the blasts.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I had some stuff so good i couldnt stop hehe seriously i prefered longer cycles with a long ester test

We're definitely on the same page and i agree with most of this but I don't see much of a difference new tissue wise with higher doses.

It likely has something to do with the fact that you have like 30kg of more muscle than I do lol.

Will be interesting to see if higher doses work better as I become more developed.

Would be nice to look at some of your previous cycles.

Or should I say blasts?

You've only had one cycle right lol?
    To a level more is better 400mgs is going to be better than 200mgs, 600mgs is going to be better than 400mgs but there is a certain level were more isn't better and this is all individual. Sides come on quick for some and some cant handle the side effects were others sides don't appear until a certain level is breached. But I must say something really magically happens to the body at a certain dose and you'll never experience growth like it. Ive seen it many times but ive also seen the opposite were dose does nothing for the person. It all about learning about your body.

I never got any kind of gains or felt anything with primo until I reached 1500mgs then I felt it, I know guys who love it at 600mgs and think its remarkable well 600mgs wouldn't do shit for me and would be a complete waste of time. The bigger I got and the more muscle I carried the more dosages was needed to make further gains but once I held a certain weight/size for so long say around 1-2 yrs it was a lot easier to lower the dose. Its all about resetting your homoeostasis system so to speak.

I'm going well off topic here but ive not been on AAS for 2.5 yrs in December and I wont need anything like I use to take, I would grow now of 500mgs-750mgs very easily infact I will explode I know I would. I went through many stages with AAS but how I trained and kept consistant over the years with every aspect of bodybuilding is what made me keep my size, when I was younger every 10lbs was a fucking nightmare to achieve until I started to listen to my body, designing the right cycles and training in a style what my body just loved.

Yes, your right ive only ever done one cycle in 31 yrs,

Ive done nearly all the combinations of cycles going but I would say I was a heavy user, I always went on the heavier side of things because I had to otherwise it was hard to get to where I wanted. Some guys don't need to and just look at 400mgs and roll a 25lb db and turn into monsters but I wasn't I had to work very hard at it.

I would create an environment for muscle tissue to grow via priming a slow glycogen depletion without losing any tissue, then I would hit a cycle running at a dose what would make my body think wtf, then I would increase my cals and all this would land just right coming out of a pullback into full bore HIT program and the result was huge increases in size and thickness. I was taught this method by Paul B one of DY's friends and advisers when he was going for the British title. Everything had to be lined up and I was one of those who responded well to gear but I was done after around 6-8 wks and all what happened after that no matter what I did like changing compounds or dosages was side effects would creep in, so short cycles were far better for me in everyway. I'm not saying they are for everyone because they not but for me and my body they were ideal.
    songdog and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I had some stuff so good i couldnt stop hehe seriously i prefered longer cycles with a long ester test
    What's your typical length of a cycle Cuz?

To a level more is better 400mgs is going to be better than 200mgs, 600mgs is going to be better than 400mgs but there is a certain level were more isn't better and this is all individual. Sides come on quick for some and some cant handle the side effects were others sides don't appear until a certain level is breached. But I must say something really magically happens to the body at a certain dose and you'll never experience growth like it. Ive seen it many times but ive also seen the opposite were dose does nothing for the person. It all about learning about your body.

I never got any kind of gains or felt anything with primo until I reached 1500mgs then I felt it, I know guys who love it at 600mgs and think its remarkable well 600mgs wouldn't do shit for me and would be a complete waste of time. The bigger I got and the more muscle I carried the more dosages was needed to make further gains but once I held a certain weight/size for so long say around 1-2 yrs it was a lot easier to lower the dose. Its all about resetting your homoeostasis system so to speak.

I'm going well off topic here but ive not been on AAS for 2.5 yrs in December and I wont need anything like I use to take, I would grow now of 500mgs-750mgs very easily infact I will explode I know I would. I went through many stages with AAS but how I trained and kept consistant over the years with every aspect of bodybuilding is what made me keep my size, when I was younger every 10lbs was a fucking nightmare to achieve until I started to listen to my body, designing the right cycles and training in a style what my body just loved.

Yes, your right ive only ever done one cycle in 31 yrs,

Ive done nearly all the combinations of cycles going but I would say I was a heavy user, I always went on the heavier side of things because I had to otherwise it was hard to get to where I wanted. Some guys don't need to and just look at 400mgs and roll a 25lb db and turn into monsters but I wasn't I had to work very hard at it.

I would create an environment for muscle tissue to grow via priming a slow glycogen depletion without losing any tissue, then I would hit a cycle running at a dose what would make my body think wtf, then I would increase my cals and all this would land just right coming out of a pullback into full bore HIT program and the result was huge increases in size and thickness. I was taught this method by Paul B one of DY's friends and advisers when he was going for the British title. Everything had to be lined up and I was one of those who responded well to gear but I was done after around 6-8 wks and all what happened after that no matter what I did like changing compounds or dosages was side effects would creep in, so short cycles were far better for me in everyway. I'm not saying they are for everyone because they not but for me and my body they were ideal.
    Nice, thank you for all the insight.

After a 6-8 week blast about how long would you cruise for and how would you know when to blast again?

This is a bit off topic but do you, or anyone else reading this, have any advice about using metformin besides the 500mg per 100g carbs rule of thumb?
    marcus300 likes this.

Nice, thank you for all the insight.

After a 6-8 week blast about how long would you cruise for and how would you know when to blast again?

This is a bit off topic but do you, or anyone else reading this, have any advice about using metformin besides the 500mg per 100g carbs rule of thumb?
    When I could recover using pct I wouldn't cruise to the next cycle, the whole idea is to recover quicker due to less time being shutdown so a lot of the time I would go into pct and recover, then I would start to prime and the design my next short blast which would be around 8 weeks away give or take a few weeks.

Other times when I was on trt I would just drop down to my trt maintain prime and repeat another cycle, this would mostly depend on bw if everything was ok, but bw is a lot better being on for shorter periods so cycle time again would come round quick, but I would always use some form of prime to really open a growth window and get everything I possibly can out of the short cycle.

Why even consider metformin, personally ive never used it but I have used slin and I wouldn't use it again. IMHO unless your competing you don't need it and I honestly got more size and freaky from doing something like 24/7 eating or force feeding to get over a brick wall in your gains. I'd be very careful but again ive not use metformin and don't know anyone who used it again after trying it.
    devil-1986 likes this.

When I could recover using pct I wouldn't cruise to the next cycle, the whole idea is to recover quicker due to less time being shutdown so a lot of the time I would go into pct and recover, then I would start to prime and the design my next short blast which would be around 8 weeks away give or take a few weeks.

Other times when I was on trt I would just drop down to my trt maintain prime and repeat another cycle, this would mostly depend on bw if everything was ok, but bw is a lot better being on for shorter periods so cycle time again would come round quick, but I would always use some form of prime to really open a growth window and get everything I possibly can out of the short cycle.

Why even consider metformin, personally ive never used it but I have used slin and I wouldn't use it again. IMHO unless your competing you don't need it and I honestly got more size and freaky from doing something like 24/7 eating or force feeding to get over a brick wall in your gains. I'd be very careful but again ive not use metformin and don't know anyone who used it again after trying it.
    Once again thanks for dropping the knowledge.

Your your insight and experience means a lot.

Most of the talk on forums build metformin up as being great for fat loss and muscle pumps.

I guess it's the same with metformin as with most things in this lifestyle.

There's what all the experts say in the forums, and there's what happens in real life.
    marcus300 likes this.

Once again thanks for dropping the knowledge.

Your your insight and experience means a lot.

Most of the talk on forums build metformin up as being great for fat loss and muscle pumps.

I guess it's the same with metformin as with most things in this lifestyle.

There's what all the experts say in the forums, and there's what happens in real life.
    It's been used for many things in our world I know some guys were using for both bulk and fat loss. Maybe someone on here has used it to give you some insight but I don't know anyone who used it again after trying it.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    What's your typical length of a cycle Cuz?
    20- 24 weeks Marcus
    marcus300 likes this.

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    What is your preference?

It depends a lot on what type of steroid you take ... with dbol I begin to grow in the first days of the first week of the cycle ... with test E or deca (without dbol) I begin to grow seriously between 4 and 6 week until about 8/9 week .. .
    never used short ester until now!

20- 24 weeks Marcus
    Fair enough mate, you on trt aswell?

20- 24 weeks Marcus
    What kind of PCT do you follow after that or do you cruise?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Fair enough mate, you on trt aswell?
    Not yet marcus at least not Dr. supervised. I need bloods done badly. Trt is in my near future
    marcus300 likes this.

Not yet marcus at least not Dr. supervised. I need bloods done badly. Trt is in my near future
    Do you gain and then slow down and you adjust and then carry on gaining or is it a slow process of gaining all the way throughout the long cycle?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    What kind of PCT do you follow after that or do you cruise?
    I no longer pct but when i did id do a more aggressive pct if i had 19 nor involved but test was really all i ever needed to grow to keep me happy. I felt like the longer cycles solidified my gains better with a sbc around the middle of the cycle

so you cruise yourself at a trt dose within the cycle?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    so you cruise yourself at a trt dose within the cycle?
    What i done was stay on all year at a trt. If i ran a cycle depending on what my goals were id say run 600 mg test e up to week 10 blast it around 1 gram with another compound for 6- 8 weeks like tren or deca id run the deca longer and then return back to the 500- 600mg test only dose and then after 4 weeks or so continue what my trt doses was, usually 250 mg every two weeks.

What i done was stay on all year at a trt. If i ran a cycle depending on what my goals were id say run 600 mg test e up to week 10 blast it around 1 gram with another compound for 6- 8 weeks like tren or deca id run the deca longer and then return back to the 500- 600mg test only dose and then after 4 weeks or so continue what my trt doses was, usually 250 mg every two weeks.
    So you'll normally cruise at 250mg/week for 4 weeks then blast again?

I've done 6-9 months cycles but sides were really bad without any more benefit. Sounds like it works for you thanks for the input mate
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    So you'll normally cruise at 250mg/week for 4 weeks then blast again?
    Not exactly, i used 250 mg per two weeks which was 125 mg/week...that was a cruise dose when i was off cycle just in a maintainence phase. Id never be able to cycle evrry 4 weeks i was not that advanced.

Not exactly, i used 250 mg per two weeks which was 125 mg/week...that was a cruise dose when i was off cycle just in a maintainence phase. Id never be able to cycle evrry 4 weeks i was not that advanced.
    Oh okay I misread you previous post.

About how long would you cruise for on 125mg/week before blasting again?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Oh okay I misread you previous post.

About how long would you cruise for on 125mg/week before blasting again?
    About 12 weeks was max. I didnt always follow time on equals time off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information