bioshocked is offline Junior Member

How often can you refill a testosterone cypionate script in the USA?

I should just ask my doctor. But wanted to research this so I don't sound like a total idiot when I ask. I don't really want to use this thread to talk about my TRT. But I will include it a little here for reference.

I am currently doing a TRT plan of 200mg/wk of testosterone cypionate , and have been at that level for about 5 months. Blood testing 3 times, measuring the troughes. Being at the 7 day mark after my weekly injection. Total T has been around 1150 each time. While I think I am starting to see body composition changes, one week I did 400mg as I somehow ended up with extra at the end of one of my vials. Maybe I was a tiny bit short on the first 9 shots. Anyways, I normally don't really feel anything from 200mg/wk, but I felt pretty good the week I took 400mg and my gym performance was better. Maybe it was a placebo effect. Either way, now I am curious about using my scripts to do some kind of blast cycle or what ever you call it. I was searching this forum and the internet in general and can't seem to find anything that sounds like a clear answer. And the stuff I found was pretty old. One thing I saw was claiming no sooner than 30 days per refill. But it didn't mention the size of the vial and concentration. If I can get my 10ml vial every 30 days instead of 10 weeks, Then I could do up to 500mg/wk. And thinking 6-8 weeks for a cycle. I know nothing about cycles and I would like to start a new thread for that if it comes to that.

But right now just trying to see if I should even bother asking my Dr about upping my dosage. But if that isn't allowed, no point in asking.

The alternate question here, is whether I should even bother boosting my T levels so high anyway. If my lows are 1100 during the week, not sure what they reach at the peak each week. I feel find, so not really trying to level out the peaks and valleys each week. I am using HCG at 250UI M-F to keep my sad natural production doing and my nuts a normal size. Which works so far.

1. Any ideas/links on the law for how often a 10ml (200mg) Test C script can be filled?
    2. Any comments on if it's worth boosting my 1100 total T (low end of the cycle) to possibly double or triple for 6+ weeks? With Test C at 400-500mg/wk.

Title 21 CFR - Part 1306 - Section 1306.22 Refilling of prescriptions

Not sure if this link is legit, but it says Schedule 3 can have 5 refills in a 6 month period, and then a new script cycle after that. Not sure if that means 5 refills + 1 org fill for 6 vials in 6 months. Though it looks like it is saying 5 fill total within 6 months. If this is true, maybe it's worth asking my Dr about trying a higher dosage cycle for 6-8 weeks.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    1. your rx should have the dosage...if you have been rx´d at 200mg a week which is quite high for long term trt then you should only be able refill when that dosage runs you out which would be 10 weeks.....before they started eyeballing it you could refill it every 30 days like any other med and stockpile but been years since that such luck

2. in my 10 years of trt....jacking the test up didnt give me extra gains than adding another compound (deca ).....i did best by staying low dose for long term consistent

In your situation being new I would advise to also stay consistent so you can see what you can accomplish at 1100

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    1. Any ideas/links on the law for how often a 10ml (200mg) Test C script can be filled?

There is no law that covers this. you can get all your refills on the script the moment you submit the script. You will need a new script for more refills after that. If the pharmacist gives you crap take your script elsewhere.

2. Any comments on if it's worth boosting my 1100 total T (low end of the cycle) to possibly double or triple for 6+ weeks? With Test C at 400-500mg/wk.

Total T doesnt mean Jack..it is just a bragging number. Free Test is what is the measuring stick. The rule of thumb is 2 Grams a week of test is the max that will net you results. Over two grams is a waste. Rule of thumb two is 1 gram is 80% of the effectiveness and the second gram 20%. Anything over a gram is diminishing returns. There are people with NATURAL test level of 1500 and over. Even at 1500 your free test is no where near max level.

What "should" you do?

1. Lower and work your HrT dose to 100-150 testing over a two year window. You might like it now but later you are going to wish you did due to issues that will arise surrounding other hormones. Blood Pressure Kills more than anything.

2. Make HrT Hrt and cycle a cycle. I would wager you are no where near your genetic max. No need to try to be on perma cycle. Going off cycle is to allow recovery.

Proximal is offline Banned
    No idea about the law Bio, sorry. My doc lets me refill mine every other month, perhaps he is lax in keeping track. He keeps his Test at his office so I don't go to a pharmacy.

Good luck asking the MD for a higher dose, you are already at the high end of the Testosterone range.

Only you will know if raising the dosage was worth it. Really getting the impression that responses vary considerably from person to person. Also, regarding time, I'm getting the same impression - that is, some respond sooner during the cycle and some later.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

There is no law that covers this. you can get all your refills on the script the moment you submit the script. You will need a new script for more refills after that. If the pharmacist gives you crap take your script elsewhere.

Total T doesnt mean Jack..it is just a bragging number. Free Test is what is the measuring stick. The rule of thumb is 2 Grams a week of test is the max that will net you results. Over two grams is a waste. Rule of thumb two is 1 gram is 80% of the effectiveness and the second gram 20%. Anything over a gram is diminishing returns. There are people with NATURAL test level of 1500 and over. Even at 1500 your free test is no where near max level.

What "should" you do?

1. Lower and work your HrT dose to 100-150 testing over a two year window. You might like it now but later you are going to wish you did due to issues that will arise surrounding other hormones. Blood Pressure Kills more than anything.

2. Make HrT Hrt and cycle a cycle. I would wager you are no where near your genetic max. No need to try to be on perma cycle. Going off cycle is to allow recovery.
    We'll in CA. I can get a 3 month supply. But after the second refill will need a new script. Shit about 6 years ago they where giving me 10ml vials every month for like 6 months lol.

I got into it with the pharmacist cuz he changed it to a month supply. I was like it's a Schedule 3 substance why u changed my prescription. He then stated cuz I can over medicate lol. And abuse, I was like dude I been on this for 8 years why mess with it. Plus if I use more then I'm screwed. Didn't make no sense, personally I should of just called someone higher up and made a formal complaint. I don't see him there no more so I might go back to that pharmacist.

I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that my script gets written for the dosage, refills, etc. And right now I have been getting scripts with no refills and dosage set at 200mg/wk for a 10ml vial. I was just wondering if there was any legal restrictions for Schedule 3 that would prevent a script being written for a much higher dosage which would mean a 10ml vial would get used up a lot faster and so I would need scripts/refills more often.

As for 200mg/wk being high for long term TRT. I would like to keep that a separate discussion somewhere else as that has derailed previous threads of mine. But in general, I am not sure if 1150 total T levels (for the low part of the measurement) is "too" high for long term TRT. Again, I should talk about that somewhere else.

On #2, how long should I stay around 1100 to see if I want to cycle or change compounds? I have been consistent with my T levels and Test C dosage at 200mg/wk for 22 weeks so far. So about 5.5 months. I do 5 days a week at the gym, rarely missing days, usually vacations. Been going to the gym for about a decade. I have seen only a slight change over 5 months and really only the last 2 months of my TRT so far. So should I be looking at staying at 1100 (lows) for a full year before I try something else?

The problem with adding other things like Deca is that I doubt I can get my local dr to give me a script for things other than Test C. She won't touch HGH. Seems to only be into Test C and HCG for TRT use. Though luckily she is ok with higher T levels as long as my blood work and health remain in check.

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    1. your rx should have the dosage...if you have been rx´d at 200mg a week which is quite high for long term trt then you should only be able refill when that dosage runs you out which would be 10 weeks.....before they started eyeballing it you could refill it every 30 days like any other med and stockpile but been years since that such luck

2. in my 10 years of trt....jacking the test up didnt give me extra gains than adding another compound (deca).....i did best by staying low dose for long term consistent

In your situation being new I would advise to also stay consistent so you can see what you can accomplish at 1100

Quote Originally Posted by bioshocked View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that my script gets written for the dosage, refills, etc. And right now I have been getting scripts with no refills and dosage set at 200mg/wk for a 10ml vial. I was just wondering if there was any legal restrictions for Schedule 3 that would prevent a script being written for a much higher dosage which would mean a 10ml vial would get used up a lot faster and so I would need scripts/refills more often.

As for 200mg/wk being high for long term TRT. I would like to keep that a separate discussion somewhere else as that has derailed previous threads of mine. But in general, I am not sure if 1150 total T levels (for the low part of the measurement) is "too" high for long term TRT. Again, I should talk about that somewhere else.

On #2, how long should I stay around 1100 to see if I want to cycle or change compounds? I have been consistent with my T levels and Test C dosage at 200mg/wk for 22 weeks so far. So about 5.5 months. I do 5 days a week at the gym, rarely missing days, usually vacations. Been going to the gym for about a decade. I have seen only a slight change over 5 months and really only the last 2 months of my TRT so far. So should I be looking at staying at 1100 (lows) for a full year before I try something else?

The problem with adding other things like Deca is that I doubt I can get my local dr to give me a script for things other than Test C. She won't touch HGH. Seems to only be into Test C and HCG for TRT use. Though luckily she is ok with higher T levels as long as my blood work and health remain in check.
    I don't see a Dr giving you a higher amount then needed. Not no law, but everything has been clear.

200mg is a high dose already.

You will get Like a 6 months supply

I won't know unless I ask. I have been visiting the doctor for almost 5 months at 200mg/wk. High or not, I was mostly just curious if there was any law that would prevent them from writing a script for a higher dose. It sounds like it's very possible to get a script for a 10ml vial as frequent at every month. Now that it appears possible. I can ask the Dr about a short term boost in dosage. All they can say is no.

But at least one view in this thread says that a high dosage of Test C as a cycle didn't do much and I should probably stack for a cycle with something like Deca . But I really doubt my Dr will give me an Rx for that. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bioshocked View Post
    I won't know unless I ask. I have been visiting the doctor for almost 5 months at 200mg/wk. High or not, I was mostly just curious if there was any law that would prevent them from writing a script for a higher dose. It sounds like it's very possible to get a script for a 10ml vial as frequent at every month. Now that it appears possible. I can ask the Dr about a short term boost in dosage. All they can say is no.

But at least one view in this thread says that a high dosage of Test C as a cycle didn't do much and I should probably stack for a cycle with something like Deca. But I really doubt my Dr will give me an Rx for that. lol.
    Used to be, I used to get them that way. But my pharmacist is the one who questions my script from the doctor.

Correct say no and or go see a different Dr. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Used to be, I used to get them that way. But my pharmacist is the one who questions my script from the doctor.

Correct say no and or go see a different Dr. Lol
    A pharmacist can question the script? In this case, it would be the frequency. Right now I am only 3 shots into a vial, and that script has 1 refill. So I could technically right now try to get the refill filled and then try to go through the 2 vials at a higher dosage for 6 to 10 weeks instead of 20 (well 17 now). But then my Dr would find out and would likely drop me and that is the end of that. So I would rather work with the Dr on this.

Should I start a new thread or is there an existing thread on doing a cycle with Test C? I have some questions on that but don't want to muddy this tread's topic.

Thread Information