xyt
    xyt is offline New Member

Delt injection issue

Hi guys. So I've been injecting into my delts for a couple weeks now and it seems to have been working pretty well. However, I'm using spotinjections as a guide and the picture shows the guy injecting pretty low on the medial delt. So that's what i've been doing. I feel like I'm injecting way too low, though.. about two finger widths above the insertion point, I'd estimate. Yesterday when I injected I felt sort of a resistance when pushing the needle in but I kept going and injected. The spot is swollen now and in a bit of pain. Has anyone else had this problem? If the delt injection is supposed to be dead center of the head, why does spotinjections depict the injection so low on the medial head. Very misleading. I hope I didn't mess up my muscle by forcing that injection.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't worry.
    But don't inject into your delts to often neither.
    You show signs of getting thicker skin (hence why it's harder to penetrate) there, which will happen everywhere you pin.
    But remember, the delts are relatively small muscles. Don't use 21G thick needles there either, try to keep it at 25G.

And rotate sites.
    The old saying of "don't inject the same muscle more than once per week", while not 100% true, is a good guide to follow.

Remember, you have a lot of options to inject.
    I usually do quads, glutes, delts and SubQ in the abdomen.
    (Also biceps and triceps sometimes)
    Point is, let the muscle rest between shots to avoid scar tissue.

And about where in the delt to inject,
    I just do it where the delt is thickest, and don't go too deep.
    The guide at spotinjections is a rough guide, as everyone is built differently,
    but it is perfectly usable.

xyt
    cool, thank you for the reply. I'm using 25G 1" needles for delt injections. You mentioned not to go too deep. Is it ok to go all the way in with 1"?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xyt View Post
    Hi guys. So I've been injecting into my delts for a couple weeks now and it seems to have been working pretty well. However, I'm using spotinjections as a guide and the picture shows the guy injecting pretty low on the medial delt. So that's what i've been doing. I feel like I'm injecting way too low, though.. about two finger widths above the insertion point, I'd estimate. Yesterday when I injected I felt sort of a resistance when pushing the needle in but I kept going and injected. The spot is swollen now and in a bit of pain. Has anyone else had this problem? If the delt injection is supposed to be dead center of the head, why does spotinjections depict the injection so low on the medial head. Very misleading. I hope I didn't mess up my muscle by forcing that injection.
    If you ever feel that it's 'off' or have any sense of pain when penetrating with the needle, pull it out and start over(usually a slight movement) will suffice!

Put your arm against something next time and push out on it(you'll see your medial delt pop out) then u can inj anywhere in that area...

And as stated above try a 25g pin it was the best thing I've switched to!

Edit: you best me to it lol... Yes I burry it in my delt with a 1" pin - what's your bf%

xyt
    my bf% hovers around 10-12. I feel like my muscle is definitely thick enough to accommodate the full 1" but wanted to make sure.. ty much

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    There are some people who just cant do delt inject without pain. I for one, after 20+ yrs of doing this,,still cant do quad injections.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    For me I need to hit almost rear delt, otherwise get bad pip and always hit nerves and veins.

I don't do delts anymore. I seem to hit a nerve almost everytime I pin delts and it freaks me out when my delt jumps. Yeah, I'm a wimp. LOL I get get less PIP when I pin glutes. If your shoulders are huge, the size of my neighbor's wife, pin the heck out of 'me. LOL

Thread Information