Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Trouble getting full amount of T injected.. help!

brobeans443 is offline Junior Member

Trouble getting full amount of T injected.. help!

So I'm on my first cycle, 600mg test E/wk. Just did my first injection today (300mg today and 300mg will be Thursday)

I noticed in the syringe after I finished, there was still about .1 ml of test in there, even though I pressed the syringe all the way down? Do I need to inject at an angle to prevent this or should I just simply fill it up with .1ml more than the amount I need injected as to ensure I'm getting the proper amount? Or let the needle sit in there for a few seconds after im done pressing all the way down?

Thanks fellas

also, my vial is 250mg/ml so I guess I only got 275mg of test lol.
    Last edited by brobeans443; 10-04-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    The old method for sealing IM injection is you pull .1-.2 ml of air in syringe BEFORE drawing your oils. When you inject this empties all the syringe and needle. The aie bubble at the end also seals the IM spot so if there was blood or something wanting to come out...it wont due to the air...called a Z type injection or something like that. Nurses been doing it forever.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A Z type injection is to pull the skin and inject,
    so that when loosens the skin after injecting it would automatically seal the spot.
    Just FYI.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    OP, Google Z track injection if you're interested in what the guys above are discussing.
    InternalFire and Sehdee like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    I don't worry about the .1 that may get wasted. 600mg give or take even 50mg is not a big deal (assuming your shit is even dosed right), your splitting hairs imo.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    The average 3ml syringe has a void of about 0.07ml.

Depending on what needle you use the average void is again 0.07ml

For every pin you will lose roughly 0.14ml of oil.

Over the course of a 12 week cycle, pinning twice a week, you will lose somewhere in the ballpark of 3-3.5ml of oil.

It is what it is and if you want to dance you have to pay the band.

Just order an extra vial when planning your cycle and don't worry about it too much.

You can minimize this loss by drawing in a small air bubble before pinning.

The best method for this is to hold a filled syringe vertically and slowly draw back on the plunger until the bubble gets large enough to rise to the top.

Note, the air bubble you draw must be small or it will pass through the syringe before the oil and be of no benefit except for helping to seal the injection.
    brobeans443 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    I don't worry about the .1 that may get wasted. 600mg give or take even 50mg is not a big deal (assuming your shit is even dosed right), your splitting hairs imo.

I concur.

I didn't used to draw 1mm of air into the syringe before pinning. The sound of the burp when the air goes into the body used to freak me out. I'm over that now. I just don't want to waste any gear so I always pull about 1mm of air into the syringe and listen for the burp before I pull out the pin. 100% injection everytime.
    brobeans443 and Red Bastard like this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    In my opinion

Just draw your dose and inject it, we even lose a drop after we draw and push a drop out before injecting

Its called over thinking, just get on with it

brobeans443 is offline Junior Member
    so to the guys adding the extra .1ml of air, you're basically just ignoring the "remove all air bubbles from the syringe" notion and injecting a small amount anyways? Have you ever encountered any problems doing this?

I have three 10ml x 250mg/ml vials so I have more than enough, but I'd still not rather waste any/inject the full amount and save as much as I can for the next cycle.
    Last edited by brobeans443; 10-04-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brobeans443
    so to the guys adding the extra .1ml of air, you're basically just ignoring the "remove all air bubbles from the syringe" notion and injecting a small amount anyways? Have you ever encountered any problems doing this? I have three 10ml x 250mg/ml vials so I have more than enough, but I'd still not rather waste any/inject the full amount and save as much as I can for the next cycle.
    Inject the air.
    You'll be fine.
    I do it all the time.
    Sehdee likes this.

75 Dogs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brobeans443 View Post
    so to the guys adding the extra .1ml of air, you're basically just ignoring the "remove all air bubbles from the syringe" notion and injecting a small amount anyways? Have you ever encountered any problems doing this?

I have three 10ml x 250mg/ml vials so I have more than enough, but I'd still not rather waste any/inject the full amount and save as much as I can for the next cycle.
    I could absolutely be doing this wrong, but I've been taking TRT doses twice a week for 2 years and haven't had any problems.

I get my amount from the vial, pull out, hold the syringe upright and flick it to get the small air bubble at the top, draw a little more air if I need, and repeat the flicking. Then I inject and it all goes in.

I always aspirate when I insert the needle to make sure I'm not in a vein. I'm under the impression air is only a problem in a vein, and since the injection isn't going into a vein it's not that big a deal.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    You could inject a huge amount of air, IM, or even IV, with no issues. Air embolism is essentially a myth. I alway chase my injections with at least .3 cc's of air...

I always get annoyed when I've been hospitalized by the amount of air the nurses would inject straight into me IV.
    Though I know this isn't dangerous I get a little annoyed cause they do it in a hurry, usually injecting anywhere from 0,3ml to 1ml.
    One time I remember there was equal amounts saline and air injected IV,
    and I was just "really? I know it's not that bad but air directly IV isn't optimal either, let me do it myself if you're gonna be so quick about it"

But yes, air isn't much of a problem,
    A standard guideline to follow would be no more than 2ml of air IV.
    I wouldn't inject anymore than that IM either.
    Actually I try to minimize air always.
    However, there are diagnostic tests where they inject quite large amount of air into you IV.

0,1-0,3ml don't really matter at all, but anything more than 0,1ml feels a bit uneasy for me.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys are some cheap pricks , injecting air just to save 0,1ml of oil (or 0,14 heheh)

I dont give a damn about losing such small amount.

About the OP question, when you inject exactly 1ml on syringe it means you are injecting exactly 1ml, although you probably withdraw 1,1ml from the vial, so you always lose a small amount from the vial but you inject the correct amount.

I have to agree with that!
    But to be real honest, I do enjoy shots were I draw 1ml of one compound, and a ml of another, just by the thought that I get a little less wasted.
    Though injecting air to accomplish it, just goes against my instincts.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have some zero dead space slin pins, but the needle is just too short - 8mm. Must get the 12.7mm variant.

I hate wasting gear.

Thread Information