Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By PowerGym
  • 1 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By -Ender-
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Best spot to inject with 1/2" needles?

PowerGym is offline Junior Member

Best spot to inject with 1/2" needles?

Only needles I can find atm are 1/2inch needles, can I inject test E with thoes into quad like i did with 1" or i should switch to delt?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on how lean is your skin, and if you are willing to ram that needle all the way deep.
    I for one wasnt too thick/too thin ~11-12% and had no issues going to my glutes never an issue. However, when I tried 1.5" pins and went to glute again plus the 250ml felt like a golf ball inside there for days, but more so because more muscle was covering it deeper closer to the bone I guess. I try to avoid quads due to so many veins on them, just too paranoid at the moment. Im sure if youre somewhere under 15% BF on your injection areas you should be good to go, otherwise delts should be good to go

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    It all depends on how lean is your skin, and if you are willing to ram that needle all the way deep.
    I for one wasnt too thick/too thin ~11-12% and had no issues going to my glutes never an issue. However, when I tried 1.5" pins and went to glute again plus the 250ml felt like a golf ball inside there for days, but more so because more muscle was covering it deeper closer to the bone I guess. I try to avoid quads due to so many veins on them, just too paranoid at the moment. Im sure if youre somewhere under 15% BF on your injection areas you should be good to go, otherwise delts should be good to go
    Exactly depends on your bodyfat..delts and quads are usually relativly lean..

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You'd have to be really lean to use a 1/2" pin. I don't think anyone uses anything under 1" anywhere for intramuscular injections.

4linked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    You'd have to be really lean to use a 1/2" pin. I don't think anyone uses anything under 1" anywhere for intramuscular injections.
    I use 1 inch pins but I only push them in like 80 % I get pain in my quads most of the time farther than that

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Interesting... honestly I've never shot quads... just shoulders and glutes. I use to use a 1.5" for glutes but started just using a 1" for everything and I just bury it in all the way and it seems to be fine. I could see maybe getting away with what your doing on quads as that seems to be a very lean area but there's also a lot of muscle there and you'd think you'd want to inject the oil fairly deep... especially if you're injecting a large amount. But if it works it works I guess.

I have no problem with going all the way in with needle, my quads are lean since I can see most of the veins when I flex it for little longer, will inject today and let you know how it went Thanks for replies
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't think I've tried 1/2" but I've done 5/8" in delts and quads with no issues.
    Red Bastard likes this.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGym View Post
    Only needles I can find atm are 1/2inch needles, can I inject test E with thoes into quad like i did with 1" or i should switch to delt?
    I have had no problems using needles less than 1". Delts always responded well. One thing to bear in mind is injection volume. For example using 1/2" I have always kept the single injection volume below 1cc to eliminate PIP.

Coincidentally, the same type of volume rule applies to subq injections also. I had increased discomfort and lumps when using anything more than .5cc Subq.
    InternalFire likes this.

Took some time to inject oil but it was painless and it does the job, still 1" is much easier.

I injected in side quad, about 3 inches under the hip.

I injected in side quad, about 3 inches under the hip.
    I would not inject in the side quad.
    The IT band runs down the side of your leg.
    The IT band is a tendon not a muscle.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I would not inject in the side quad.
    The IT band runs down the side of your leg.
    The IT band is a tendon not a muscle.
    IT band is fascia, not tendon. In every IM injection you have to puncture fascia to get into the muscle, its not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    IT band is fascia, not tendon. In every IM injection you have to puncture fascia to get into the muscle, its not a problem.
    Thanks for the info but...
    From my understanding it is much thicker than the fascia that covers a regular muscle belly.
    Injecting with a 1/2" needle may not be deep enough into the muscle.
    Most say to inject in the front outer portion of your thigh, not the side of the thigh.
    I wouldn't inject thru my IT band.
    Mine gets inflamed frequently from too much squatting.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 10-12-2016 at 01:09 PM.

I am not injecting in IT band
    look up yokens-quad-injection-guide and you can see my inection spot
    Thats the spot I am injecting in..for me its good spot bcs its totaly painless and not much veins.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Eh..with 1/2 your cutting it close unless you re single digits, if thats all i had id probably wait and just order some. Plenty of online sources for pins and syringes im sure you could obtain them fairly easily/cheap. The only place id stick would be the bi or tri's and thats questionable

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Thanks for the info but...
    From my understanding it is much thicker than the fascia that covers a regular muscle belly.
    Injecting with a 1/2" needle may not be deep enough into the muscle.
    Most say to inject in the front outer portion of your thigh, not the side of the thigh.
    I wouldn't inject thru my IT band.
    Mine gets inflamed frequently from too much squatting.
    Totally agree on the 1/2" needle, the only place I would inject with 1/2" would be bicep, still prefer 1" for it.

Yeah, I also had serious problems from the IT band but from running (side of knee pain) on my marathon days.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    If you really lean. I have used 1/2" in my biceps successfully
    InternalFire likes this.

Injecting in small mucle groups like biceps/triceps kinda seems scary to me , quad,delt and glutes are ones i prefer , anyway I got 1 inch needles now.

IMO, you can poke a 1/2" pin in almost anywhere and it'll work. I've use insulin pins for a couple of cycles 'cause I have so many of 'em from my HGH. I rotated sites and felt like pin cushion. It all works.
    InternalFire and Chrisp83TRT like this.

Thread Information