Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Help point me in the right direction

rwm514 is offline New Member

Help point me in the right direction

Hi, I've been considering trying out a testosterone cycle for years now but especially the past 6 months or so. I'm hoping you can give me some advice about how to help improve some things and steer me in the right direction.
    I'm 45 and have been lifting since I was 16. I'm about 6 feet tall and have always struggled to keep my weight up. Most of my 20's i was 150lbs, 30's i was able to hit 165 finally, a few times with lots of force feeding I was able to get above 170. Ive always been very lean and pretty strong, I benched 250 in high school weighing 150 lbs. When I go above 170 I start feeling a little too fat. I have a very light bone structure, my wrist is 6.25 inches.

Ive noticed over the past 2-3 years some difficulty keeping my intensity up in the gym and a slow loss of muscle and an increase in fat tissue. I also noticed some decreased energy and feelings of fatigue.

I would like to get back to where I was in my 30's as far as energy levels and my workout intensity. I would also like to get up to 180 for the first time in my life without a lot of fat. My body fat in my 30's was pretty low, usually around 7%. I can post pics if that seems low.
    Now I'm probably around 10-11%.

I got my labs done about a year ago because I was concerned I may be having low T. I had an interest in possibly starting TRT but my T-levels were actually pretty high (1079) and my doc said i was not a candidate and recommended DHEA.

Now its a year later and I really want to give Test a try. Am i jumping too fast? Should I try SARM's first? Any advice would be great. Thx

I'll post my labs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help point me in the right direction-lab1.jpg   Help point me in the right direction-lab3.jpg   Help point me in the right direction-lab2.jpg  

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Forget about SARMS . They do far more harm than good.

You really need to way up your options carefully. Your Test levels are superb for your age, and supplementing with exogenous Test can and will effect your natural Test production.

That being said your body type is an ectomorph, same as me. I have had my Test levels checked out of fear of low T as I wasn't able to gain weight. My natural Test levels were in the 1200's and my Doctor couldn't explain why. In this case, I believe body type is the overriding factor and therefore nutrition and training must be adjusted accordingly.

Increase calories, especially protien and carbs. Focus on compound movements, high volume HIT style training and you should see some great results without resorting to injecting Test.

Edit: Your vitamin D is super low. You need to start supplementing asap.
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 10-18-2016 at 04:03 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    A good idea would be to hit our diet section and post your diet with macros.You will need a scale too weigh your food.This way you know how much you are really eating.Then you should start reading our stickys.Beacuse you want too educate yourself on wat you will be doing and wat to expect put aas into your body.Then have everything you will need for your cycle IN HAND BEFORE YOU START! This is important beacuse a lot of guys get stuck waiting a long time for things and it messes up their cycle.Being you will be running test only.BUY EXTRA! you never know if you will drop one on the floor and break it.Due it over a rug save the pain I hope this helps

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have plenty of natural T levels, please don't ruin them with SARMs or anything else.

Your TSH is a tad elevated and your vitamin D is in the sink - start supplementing right away, and I do also recommend you to look further into thyroid - antibodies (abTPO, abTG) assessment for autoimmune thyroiditis which may well explain your ongoing symptoms and vitamin D insufficiency.

What's your Iodine intake? Sources are iodized salt and mostly anything from the sea.
    Mr.BB likes this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    If your only 170lbs at 6 foot I would take SD's advice and look into your diet.

OK, I already started the vit D! I'm not sure about my iodine intake but probably not enough. I struggle with appetite. Ive heard that AAS can greatly stimulate appetite, that would really help me!

Heres a good pic of me pumped and lean about 165. I was in my late 30's here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help point me in the right direction-bicep-side-pic_1.jpg  

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    With those labs you should ask your wife to lick your balls regularly, they deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by rwm514
    OK, I already started the vit D! I'm not sure about my iodine intake but probably not enough. I struggle with appetite. Ive heard that AAS can greatly stimulate appetite, that would really help me! Heres a good pic of me pumped and lean about 165. I was in my late 30's here.

How much vitamin D?
    Salt your food with iodised salt. Don't be afraid.
    Vitamin B12 can increase your appetite. (At least it does mine.)

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    It's that a way. No it's that a way. ..(pointing in direction )

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwm514 View Post
    OK, I already started the vit D! I'm not sure about my iodine intake but probably not enough. I struggle with appetite. Ive heard that AAS can greatly stimulate appetite, that would really help me!

Heres a good pic of me pumped and lean about 165. I was in my late 30's here.
    If that's 6' at 165, can I ask if you work legs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    How much vitamin D?
    Salt your food with iodised salt. Don't be afraid.
    Vitamin B12 can increase your appetite. (At least it does mine.)
    Thx for the info, i'll work on the iodine. I am taking 5,000iu Vit D per day but just started.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    If that's 6' at 165, can I ask if you work legs?
    Yea my legs get trained as much if not more than my upper body and I think pretty balanced compared to my upper body. Its weird I'm just really light.

Anyone else have thoughts on whether I'm a good candidate for AAS? thx for all your input and jokes

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwm514 View Post
    Yea my legs get trained as much if not more than my upper body and I think pretty balanced compared to my upper body. Its weird I'm just really light.

Anyone else have thoughts on whether I'm a good candidate for AAS? thx for all your input and jokes
    I'm sorry but I can't recommend that you start taking AAS. Your Test levels are awesome, you have great genetics, and you are most probably in really good shape.

Why mess with a good thing?

Thread Information