Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 2 Post By GSXRvi6
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: What role does deca play in a cycle?

dawgs77 is offline New Member

What role does deca play in a cycle?

I have read that deca is good for connective tissue strength and general strength increases. What does it do differently than testosterone in terms of the effects and side effects?

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's an age old debate.
    According to some, it does nothing more, it's just an anti inflammatory on top so that it reduces pain while on, others says it really has better effects at connective tissue than most other AAS.

I'm torn on the subject myself.

But, as long as shut down and recovery isn't a big worry, it's a nice compound.
    I feel it has helped me with joint issues before.
    Can I know for certain? No.

I tend to lean towards the notion that so many anecdotes about its supposed benefits may indeed mean it has some.
    Ofcourse you'll need to supplement test alongside it.

The only instance I've seen deca only use (for joint issues) was with a woman.
    And yes it helped her. Would test have done the same?
    Maybe (if we disregard the virilization issue)

But while you could include deca in your stack, don't forget about glucosamine, gelatin and physio.
    InternalFire likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    According to some, it does nothing more, it's just an anti inflammatory on top so that it reduces pain while on, others says it really has better effects at connective tissue than most other AAS.

I tend to lean towards the notion that so many anecdotes about its supposed benefits may indeed mean it has some.

But while you could include deca in your stack, don't forget about glucosamine, gelatin and physio.
    I run deca only cycles, best mass builder that works for me. Why I run it only is for another thread but it takes me to monsterously different places than Test or other AAS.
    InternalFire and KINGKONG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I run deca only cycles, best mass builder that works for me. Why I run it only is for another thread but it takes me to monsterously different places than Test or other AAS.
    Hmm, sounds intresting and very strange, so I'm intrigued.
    But as for the OPs question, how does it affect your joints?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, sounds intresting and very strange, so I'm intrigued.
    But as for the OPs question, how does it affect your joints?
    Oh sorry, 'missed that part.

I've never really read any research papers that says that it does other than, it stimulates collegen synthesis to some extent.

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    apart lubricate tendons and give good strength support, Deca is great because causes a strong nitrogen retention in the individual muscle groups, it has a very high anabolic action ..
    The biggest drawback is the heavy and long term hpta suppression, but it seems this is very indivudual..
    For this reason I alternate Deca every other year in bulking cycles.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    you sure seem unique case of human male specimen I recall you said before you used to run oral only cycles and it worked amazing for you too, rendering alot whats being said to use test as a base for oral cycles almost as a "myth" (if I recall that right)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    you sure seem unique case of human male specimen I recall you said before you used to run oral only cycles and it worked amazing for you too, rendering alot whats being said to use test as a base for oral cycles almost as a "myth" (if I recall that right)
    Yeah, I had some free time and free rain of the library when I was in grad school so I would jump onto the chem and medical journal databases and look up a lot of info on all the different compounds. All these drugs were designed for a purpose. T-bol for athletes, deca for burn victims and bone mineral loss, sustason for muscle wasting ext.
    There is tons of info floating around on the medical journals about it all. Plus having a background in Chemisty. Knowing how binding affinity works as far as chemical agents are concerned shaped my philosophy on stacking and how it's probably not as productive. For example a standard 500mg T and 500mg deca cycle is no more better for my gains than just running 400mg of deca alone, plus I get virtually no sides.

I think the concept of synergy is really more a function of total androgens used not their additive effect to each other. I could be terribly wrong on this, but so far, I have never seen a compelling piece of evidence/s to sway me otherwise.

I think you over evaluate what we actually have proved by studies on AAS.
    When they began developing synthetic versions of testosterone and saw they behaved differently than testosterone in various ways, chemist developed 100s of steroids , most of which were never studied in humans.

AR affinity in itself has also proved to be more difficult to measure when studies revealed that agents with low affinity for the androgen receptor still caused a significant increase in AR mediated gene regulation.

There's also a lot more to AAS and AR mediated myogenesis.
    Like systemic IGF1 secretion, local IGF1 turnover and on EPO mediated effects, etc.

When different AAS were developed they tried them in several different conditions. Yes Deca can be used in burn victims, so can many other AAS. Deca is also used for osteoporosis in women.
    Stuff like TBOL were an exception, as it was actually designed (or taken into use) for athletic improvement. But this was under a regime that had a state sponsored doping plan. Other AAS has also only been used for athletic performance, but this is either because they were AAS that didn't have any medical use and has advantages when it came to testing.
    THG is perhaps the only steroid that we know was developed with the intention for performance use and beating drug tests.

Anyways, intresting take you have, but even if you just look at the muscle tissue and says deca is enough, you're neglecting all the other physiological effects T has in the body.

We should make a new thread.
    This was intresting.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, I had some free time and free rain of the library when I was in grad school so I would jump onto the chem and medical journal databases and look up a lot of info on all the different compounds. All these drugs were designed for a purpose. T-bol for athletes, deca for burn victims and bone mineral loss, sustason for muscle wasting ext.
    There is tons of info floating around on the medical journals about it all. Plus having a background in Chemisty. Knowing how binding affinity works as far as chemical agents are concerned shaped my philosophy on stacking and how it's probably not as productive. For example a standard 500mg T and 500mg deca cycle is no more better for my gains than just running 400mg of deca alone, plus I get virtually no sides.

I think the concept of synergy is really more a function of total androgens used not their additive effect to each other. I could be terribly wrong on this, but so far, I have never seen a compelling piece of evidence/s to sway me otherwise.
    So not to hijack but when you run these deca only cycles @what dose do you run?just curious?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs77 View Post
    I have read that deca is good for connective tissue strength and general strength increases. What does it do differently than testosterone in terms of the effects and side effects?
    A lot. Running 500 deca and 500 test is an another planet than 1 g of test.
    But you need to pay attention to prolactin buildup, which isnt the case for a test only cycles.
    And recovery is much harder when u add in deca. But its better for lipids, BP and shit like that, than test.

So all in all i would say 500 deca/test gives less sides than 1 g test, even if the necessary DAs (stop prolactin) for the first option come with sides on their own.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 10-22-2016 at 12:55 AM.

@musclescience; You're not just saying 1g deca would be equal to 1 g test,
    You say 400mg deca gives just as good gains 500 T, 500 D.
    We need a new thread!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    So not to hijack but when you run these deca only cycles @what dose do you run?just curious?
    I run 350-400mg/ week of deca when I run it.

I use to run a small amount of T usually 100-125mg which still have me sides. My tolerance for T is really limited to 125mg a week or below. Now I don't run any at all.

@musclescience; You're not just saying 1g deca would be equal to 1 g test,
    You say 400mg deca gives just as good gains 500 T, 500 D.
    We need a new thread!
    Yes we do, I knew it would be a thread highjack if I said something but i couldn't help myself lol

Sorry OP, I will say I'm a huge fan of Deca. It's probably a very close second to only Tren E.

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...ml#post7225721

Let's to it here. This was too good.
    Made it kinda quick. If it doesn't make sense just add in more of your quotes.
    InternalFire likes this.

I take what you said about shut down and recovery to mean that using deca is much more suppressive to natural testosterone production compared to using just test?

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Something of interest that I found out, my wife is working on her PhD and one of her research projects currently relates to progesterone and pain. She is manipulating rat's progesterone levels then testing their pain tolerance, it appears increased progesterone decreases felt pain / increases pain tolerance. The reason I find it so interesting is people claim Deca "lubricates their joints" and helps with their joint pain.

Deca can bind to progesterone receptors so I found this potential link interesting.

Just thought I'd toss that out there
    DocToxin8 and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    Something of interest that I found out, my wife is working on her PhD and one of her research projects currently relates to progesterone and pain. She is manipulating rat's progesterone levels then testing their pain tolerance, it appears increased progesterone decreases felt pain / increases pain tolerance. The reason I find it so interesting is people claim Deca "lubricates their joints" and helps with their joint pain.

Deca can bind to progesterone receptors so I found this potential link interesting.

Just thought I'd toss that out there
    It is intresting.
    Why trenbolone , which seems to be a more powerful progestin than deca doesn't have the famed supposed joint relief is strange though.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm tired of hearing the expression "lubricate joints", anabolic steroids do nothing to the synovial fluid in joints!!

Nandrolone is a powerful anti inflammatory, even cystic acne inflammation will subside when starting deca . It might be that its acting in progesterone receptors, dont know. Just bugs me ppl keeping saying it heals or lubricates joints.
    numbere and DocToxin8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I'm tired of hearing the expression "lubricate joints", anabolic steroids do nothing to the synovial fluid in joints!!

Nandrolone is a powerful anti inflammatory, even cystic acne inflammation will subside when starting deca. It might be that its acting in progesterone receptors, dont know. Just bugs me ppl keeping saying it heals or lubricates joints.
    Or reverse osmosis. Lol!
    But it seems to reduce pain is what they mean i guess.

Otherwise one could always try to buy some WD-40 and spray on all joints, perhaps with some baby oil as well.

I get what you mean BB, it's just that nobody knows and broscience seem to think joints are like clockworks.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Or reverse osmosis. Lol!
    But it seems to reduce pain is what they mean i guess.

Otherwise one could always try to buy some WD-40 and spray on all joints, perhaps with some baby oil as well.

I get what you mean BB, it's just that nobody knows and broscience seem to think joints are like clockworks.
    Baby oil is better for something else
    DocToxin8 and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs77 View Post
    I take what you said about shut down and recovery to mean that using deca is much more suppressive to natural testosterone production compared to using just test?
    Being a 19nor and a progestin as well as the long decanate ester, in Nan Deca , it's the hardest compound to recover from!

One shot & your shut down immediately... also has Avery long detection time, it can stay in your system for up to 18months etc)

Austinite has posted if one PCT for a test/deca cycle doesn't bring back your natty T production about 6-8wks after PCT is over, Then One's best bet would be to run another PCT -- first PCT I'd extend nolva to 6wks
    Clomid 100/75/50/50 -- Nolva 40/40/20/20/20/20
    Second if needed - 75/50/50/50 40/40/20/20(could throw 10/10 in as well) - obviously retest 6-8wks after PCT

Here's Austinites exert from that post...
    Austinite - below

Not really. I mean, no one really knows exactly what formula to use. Deca is likely the harshest steroid on your HPTA, therefore it is wise to extend PCT timing. The 2 week difference between the cycles mentioned (14 weeks vs 16 weeks) is not an impactful amount of time. 10 weeks vs. 18 weeks is a big difference and would call for a more aggressive PCT.

We have to remember that all of this is very individualistic and cannot be quantified with a formula, but based on history and how drugs interact with the majority, you can make judgment calls for the betterment of recovery. In other words, you can assume you'll be OK, or you can take some extra measure to better your chances at recovery.

The best method in my opinion for the common cycles with Deca (12 to 14 weeks), is to extend PCT for 2 additional weeks. You can use Nolvadex and drop clomiphene after the 4th week. Then you would wait 6 to 8 weeks and confirm recovery with blood work. If the results fail, run another PCT for 4 weeks and retest. If you're good, you're good.
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-23-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added Austinites Post
    Mr.BB likes this.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks

Thread Information