Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: 45 Min Cardio when bulking ? fasted or fed ? etc..

Jonbana is offline Member

45 Min Cardio when bulking ? fasted or fed ? etc..

Im at the gym in the morning Training the GF between 5-8am , than I come back In the evening 5pm to train myself ,
    currently bulking off cycle just on TRT dosage at 200MG a week I train one body part a day 5 day split with 2 rest days back to back , rest day I don't even enter the gym to rest correctly but was thinking maybe even cardio on rest days....

when I cut I always do cardio but not sure how this goes with bulking to try and stay lean but gain without hurting gain recovery and results ,

I was thinking maybe 45minutes steady state cardio on a 15% incline speed 3-4 in the morning than my 45 minute weights in the evening , when it comes to cardio i was thinking maybe after breakfast as I don't want to lose muscle so maybe eat breakfast train her than do cardio and don't eat till me next meal around noon , I would use BCAA's during training I know fasted supposedly burns more fat but also muscle which im not trying to do here as im bulking not cutting but want to include cardio 5x a week I think just to stay active and feel food but not hurt my results

do you think this is a good protocol or did you find other things the helped keep fat down and just to be active in the gym

mark woods is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Im at the gym in the morning Training the GF between 5-8am , than I come back In the evening 5pm to train myself ,
    currently bulking off cycle just on TRT dosage at 200MG a week I train one body part a day 5 day split with 2 rest days back to back , rest day I don't even enter the gym to rest correctly but was thinking maybe even cardio on rest days....

when I cut I always do cardio but not sure how this goes with bulking to try and stay lean but gain without hurting gain recovery and results ,

I was thinking maybe 45minutes steady state cardio on a 15% incline speed 3-4 in the morning than my 45 minute weights in the evening , when it comes to cardio i was thinking maybe after breakfast as I don't want to lose muscle so maybe eat breakfast train her than do cardio and don't eat till me next meal around noon , I would use BCAA's during training I know fasted supposedly burns more fat but also muscle which im not trying to do here as im bulking not cutting but want to include cardio 5x a week I think just to stay active and feel food but not hurt my results

do you think this is a good protocol or did you find other things the helped keep fat down and just to be active in the gym
    No need to over think it fella...cardio is hugely beneficial and I would always do it cutting or bulking...

With all things being the same, cardio will burn energy. You have approximately 300g of glycogen in your muscles for exercise. If you burn off glycogen doing cardio, you'll have less for weight training. I think it's fine to do cardio at the end of your workout for 20 mins or on off days. Cardio is good to burn off subQ fat but not so great at building muscles.
    TRA likes this.

joshrutz56 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    With all things being the same, cardio will burn energy. You have approximately 300g of glycogen in your muscles for exercise. If you burn off glycogen doing cardio, you'll have less for weight training. I think it's fine to do cardio at the end of your workout for 20 mins or on off days. Cardio is good to burn off subQ fat but not so great at building muscles.
    Agreed. I do 15/20 min after work out. Not HIC. Just enough to keep the heart strong but not burn too many cals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonbana is offline Member
    Yes I always do 15 minutes post workout but was thinking adding a morning session in for the heck of it

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    45 mins is a bit over kill especially when trying to bulk. I personally wouldn't do any more than 30 fasted and even that I feel isn't the best idea when bulking but at least you're doing it on your non lifting days.

I'm with scotch about doing 20 mins post workout.

Thread Information