Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By diesel101

Thread: Muscle flatness on tren

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Okay so i ran a tren ace / test bulking cycle recently and i never asked the questiom but i was really interested in something i noticed.

I was gaining size but I only really noticed when doing body measurements. It was really weird.. i was like... okay so my arms are way bigger at the end of the cycle than the beginning but somehow they dont look as much bigger as the tape measure is saying.

Ill just say it how it is. I bulked up then i took a few weeks to lean up and at the end of the cycle I gained 3 inches on my flexed bicep, LOST 3/4 " off my waistline and still managed to net +33 pounds on the scale. (14 week tren ace cycle.. i know i know but bloods are in and my test is back to pre cycle levels thank god after doing some pct with hcg , nolva, and clomid)

Yet I look in the mirror and Im like.. yeah im looking better but no way did i do all that much. Like if you told me i was 33 pounds heavier just by looking in the mirror i would say no way. I heard that tren reduces glycogen storage and water retention so maybe it has something to do with why i look lean in the mirror?

I mean am i going crazy? Am I suffering from bigorexia? Am i literally never satisfied no matter how much bigger i get and dont see as much a difference or was it the tren? Im really thinking i got bigorexia i have no idea anymore. I gained 33 pounds and got leaner and still I look in the mirror and all I can think is theres no way I gained 33 pounds and lost an inch off my waist almost but sure enough the tape measure and scale cant be lieing.. help me out please.
    Last edited by MMA_Influenced; 11-21-2016 at 02:04 AM.

michael30 is offline Member
    Do you have before and after pics? If you do post them up, we will give you honest feed back. If you don't want to do that then show the before and after pics to a good friend and ask them if they see anything diffrent between the two. To be honest 33 lbs would be pretty noticeable even if you were 250+

Quote Originally Posted by michael30 View Post
    Do you have before and after pics? If you do post them up, we will give you honest feed back. If you don't want to do that then show the before and after pics to a good friend and ask them if they see anything diffrent between the two. To be honest 33 lbs would be pretty noticeable even if you were 250+
    I know man... Im a little afraid of posting pics online because i have some fairly identifiable tattoos and im a bit nervous about it getting out that i been using. But to state the obvious yeah of course there is a difference thats obvious. I can see in progress pictures.

I just feel like the fact naturally i am an ectomorph and also the fact that i read tren makes it hard to retain water/store glycogen? Is that true? Maybe that combo of being an ectomorph on a dry cycle made me look thinner than i really was but ill tell you man. Weird. Dont feel like i gained all that size but i did. Honestly i feel like maybe 10 or 12 pounds of lean mass but when i check the tape measure and scale its leaner +33 pounds heavier. So .. yeah. I feel like im missing something because i feel i got bigger but not that bigger.

Well.. cant wait for the next cycle ill tell you that... let me gain another 20 pounds of muscle i bet you it will be hard to ignore then.
    Last edited by MMA_Influenced; 11-21-2016 at 04:10 AM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Influenced View Post
    Ill just say it how it is. I bulked up then i took a few weeks to lean up and at the end of the cycle I gained 3 inches on my flexed bicep, LOST 3/4 " off my waistline and still managed to net +33 pounds on the scale. (14 week tren ace cycle.. i know i know but bloods are in and my test is back to pre cycle levels thank god after doing some pct with hcg, nolva, and clomid)
    Four weeks ago you were 11 weeks into your cycle.

How did you have enough time to extend your cycle to 14 weeks while also completing PCT and pull blood work?

Jonbana is offline Member
    I gained 50 pounds on my 20 week tren cycle but also I was deplete before going in I was keto for a year

I don't look bigger but everyone sees it , when you see yI itself everyday you don't notice it

Go by before after pictures measurements and body fat. The scale means nothing you could gain fat no muscles or vise versa nvm water weight. Carb intake etc

If your muscles are flat you most likely not eating enough carbs

What's you macro break down like calories fat carbs etc

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it is very hard to judge yourself by looking in the mirror, I know when I look in the mirror I can tell a difference in vascularity but as far as size goes I still see a twiggy little guy with a pot belly and man boobs.
    3day likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Okay so i ran a tren ace / test bulking cycle recently and i never asked the questiom but i was really interested in something i noticed.

I was gaining size but I only really noticed when doing body measurements. It was really weird.. i was like... okay so my arms are way bigger at the end of the cycle than the beginning but somehow they dont look as much bigger as the tape measure is saying.

Ill just say it how it is. I bulked up then i took a few weeks to lean up and at the end of the cycle I gained 3 inches on my flexed bicep, LOST 3/4 " off my waistline and still managed to net +33 pounds on the scale. (14 week tren ace cycle.. i know i know but bloods are in and my test is back to pre cycle levels thank god after doing some pct with hcg , nolva, and clomid)

Yet I look in the mirror and Im like.. yeah im looking better but no way did i do all that much. Like if you told me i was 33 pounds heavier just by looking in the mirror i would say no way. I heard that tren reduces glycogen storage and water retention so maybe it has something to do with why i look lean in the mirror?

I mean am i going crazy? Am I suffering from bigorexia? Am i literally never satisfied no matter how much bigger i get and dont see as much a difference or was it the tren? Im really thinking i got bigorexia i have no idea anymore. I gained 33 pounds and got leaner and still I look in the mirror and all I can think is theres no way I gained 33 pounds and lost an inch off my waist almost but sure enough the tape measure and scale cant be lieing.. help me out please.
    Its the way things roll. One tip. Try to look at the other gymrats. Then u will understand you gained 33 pounds. Always works for me.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    I think it is very hard to judge yourself by looking in the mirror, I know when I look in the mirror I can tell a difference in vascularity but as far as size goes I still see a twiggy little guy with a pot belly and man boobs.
    I feel the same way! I can see any little change in vascularity but it is hard to see big changes in bulk. That's really how I gauge progress through vascularity. Even if I gain 10 pounds if I'm not more lean and vascular I can't see any improvement.

Blog Entries
    when we gain muscle its not really spot specific...we gain mass evenly so 30lbs is spread out your entire body...imagine 30lbs on just your chest and biceps fuck yeaaa!!...so maybe that's why your not seeing it...I know some days I look in the mirror and I look big but other days I don't.... it really is a mind fuck isn't it?...

Try this and see if your muscles look more full. Eat low carbs for 3 days (15% to 20% below your normal) and eat regular carbs for 2 days (make sure you're drinking water). Give yourself a pump with light weight and look in the mirror. If you look more full, your muscles were just depleted and the carb/water pumped it up. Sodium also helps retain water in the muscles so you do need to give your body enough sodium.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    when we gain muscle its not really spot specific...we gain mass evenly so 30lbs is spread out your entire body...imagine 30lbs on just your chest and biceps fuck yeaaa!!...so maybe that's why your not seeing it...I know some days I look in the mirror and I look big but other days I don't.... it really is a mind fuck isn't it?...
    As an earlier poster said.. i can see the vascularity like crazy and could see the difference in it but i couldnt see the size as much. I could tell when i looked at before and after but just as the other poster said i still see a twiggy guy with a gut.. not literally but i feel like my upper body isnt muscular enough and my belly isnt skinny enough.

I definitely am suffering from what you guys are.. all i can say is i got 1 more cycle left in me before i can hit the beaches this summer. Hoping to look incredible. As it stands im not sure where it all ends. How far is enough. When will i look in the mirror and love the body im looking at.

Personally im shooting for 190 with high ab definition. Im 5"8 so being ripped at 190 (and being an ectomorph) I would assume I would look pretty damn impressive. Lets see how it goes plans change. Im cutting right now and the waistline is going smaller but i just want to bulk so bad and start a new cycle but i know damn right well i cant be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

Four weeks ago you were 11 weeks into your cycle.

How did you have enough time to extend your cycle to 14 weeks while also completing PCT and pull blood work?
    Alright you got me. I just didnt want to catch any crap. I appreciate the concern for sure but i also am afraid to read the critisism. To be totally honest? I lost track of how many weeks i went. And no i didnt do blood work and im still in pct. Im hoping for the best.. but im fairly optimistic i feel pretty damn good right now no complaints.

Jonbana is offline Member
    of course you will good everything is in your system still and your on DRUGS lol ,

once everything clears and your body trys to restarts without these drugs that when the shit hits the fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    of course you will good everything is in your system still and your on DRUGS lol ,

once everything clears and your body trys to restarts without these drugs that when the shit hits the fan
    Okay well lets hope for the best I got plenty of hcg .

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Okay well lets hope for the best I got plenty of hcg.
    HCG is suppressive. Not to be used during PCT.

Thread Information