Jonbana is offline Member

Does anyone Carb Back load?

I did carb back loading a while ago then I went full keto for a year now im back to normal diet...

does anyone here do carb backloading ? im temped to go back but I used it for leaning out below 5% BF it was amazing but I think strength went down from no carbs pre workout but I cannot remember it was a while ago

currently carbs breakfast pre and post works great but im temped to carb back load again thoughts ?

gonna lean out for 4-6 weeks than back to bulking I found carb backloading nice specially for cheat meals lift hard go eat a pizza not feel guilty with the gf but worried about pumps and strength dropping from no pre carbs

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    I did carb back loading a while ago then I went full keto for a year now im back to normal diet...

does anyone here do carb backloading ? im temped to go back but I used it for leaning out below 5% BF it was amazing but I think strength went down from no carbs pre workout but I cannot remember it was a while ago

currently carbs breakfast pre and post works great but im temped to carb back load again thoughts ?

gonna lean out for 4-6 weeks than back to bulking I found carb backloading nice specially for cheat meals lift hard go eat a pizza not feel guilty with the gf but worried about pumps and strength dropping from no pre carbs
    Keto for a year? Isn't that 50g or less carbs a day? Is say definitely strength decreased.

Carb backloading, meaning, eating carbs the night before?

I've done it, does not agree with my body much

Keto for a year yes it's tattooed on my arm I love keto all my clients in it
    I was average 15-20g a day to keep blood levels at 3mmol

Backloading I was ripped it cannot remember strength makes sense burn fat all day shove down carbs pwo till bed and deplete all day and repeat

Keto great for weight lost but I found my bulk was hard couldn't gain a pound

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Not sure why you opened another thread, maybe you didn't get the answers you wanted in your other one. If you visit the diet section here all of this is addressed. You should really lay out a better diet and stick with it, including carbs. This will allow you to have a baseline to work off of so you know exactly what needs tweaking and you don't have to flip flop between these fad diets all the time.

Sounds harsh, but it's true. Just eat a traditionally clean diet that is slightly under your TDEE and you will cut just fine as you asked in your previous thread.

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member
    Keto great for weight lost but I found my bulk was hard couldn't gain a pound
    So you couldn't gain much mass on a low/no-carb diet?

Gee, I wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by DHew View Post
    Just eat a traditionally clean diet that is slightly under your TDEE and you will cut just fine as you asked in your previous thread.
    Also this. No need to remove carbs unnecessarily from your diet. Reducing them as you climb deeper into a deficit is expected, but never eliminate them.

Keto is a fine option for the morbidly obese. Not for a BB'er who uses gear.

I'm eating 300+grams a day lol

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't function without carbs.
    And I don't see the need to go keto for getting ripped.

If you suffer from drug resistant epilepsy,
    or some other neurological diseases then yeah,
    otherwise I'd say get some carbs in.

Pale1 is offline Junior Member
    Keto made me weak, & yes I did give it plenty of time to work....

But carb backloading seemed to resolve all of the issues I had with keto.

My every day evening meal has about 60 grams / starchy carbs, no other carbs during the day. On training days, about another 40 grams / fast carbs immediately post workout.

Carbs before training made no difference for me so I just leave them out.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale1 View Post
    Keto made me weak, & yes I did give it plenty of time to work....

But carb backloading seemed to resolve all of the issues I had with keto.

My every day evening meal has about 60 grams / starchy carbs, no other carbs during the day. On training days, about another 40 grams / fast carbs immediately post workout.

Carbs before training made no difference for me so I just leave them out.
    Is like to see a pic of you on carb restricted/backloading diet.
    .I was considering this in the last few weeks of my cycle

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Is like to see a pic of you on carb restricted/backloading diet.
    .I was considering this in the last few weeks of my cycle
    If you really want to try it out then give it a shot on your next cycle, but speaking from experience it's not worth cutting carbs from meals on cycle.

You cycle to grow or cut.

You can't grow without carbs and if you do everything right you can grow new muscle tissue during an assisted
    cut.

Imo the only time you should mess with cabs on cycle is if you experience unwanted bloating or gas.

Save the keto stuff for when your off cycle and it's more difficult to preserve muscle tissue while cutting.

Carb Backloading is not KETO , you cannot enter keto when you are eating 300+Grams of carbs a day this is what people don't get and most people who do keto eat to much protein not enough fat so it converts to glucosegensis and you feel like shit thinking you are keto but really you are low carb because of the high protein intake being converted and not enough fat for energy .

Carb backloading it KETO style eating till post workout , you get protein fat only to keep insulin levels low to burn fat but same thing you must be HIGH fat moderate protein other wise you will convert the protein to glucose through glucosegensis and this is hard for the body to do so you will feel like shit when this happens so you want to advoid this

, than post workout you slam back carbs for muscle growth till bad ,

Some people eat dirty pizza , cookies , ice cream , pop tarts , I tried this way and the clean way I notice no diference but you want simple carbs so they clear the blood stream before bed so they don't effect your night time GH release

this is what carb back loading did for me I got down to 2.8% BF on a bodpod test held 4% for 9 months no problem

Does anyone Carb Back load?-11813501_10153542306062140_4051060911579305664_n.jpg
    Does anyone Carb Back load?-11141308_10153339206642140_1310942441907392561_n.jpg

The second picture was a 7month cut backloading the first picture was a 4 month bulk back loading

these are older pictures

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You have come a long way and are doing well. That being said, why don't you try to add some lean mass now. You are very skinny and that might be a good second goal for you.

I'm familiar with the difference between ketosis and carb back loading.

More protein is not always better, especially when it comes to ketosis because 58% of protein can be converted to glucose,10% of fat can be converted to glucose and 100% of carbs can be converted to glucose.

If you're trying to add new muscle tissue it doesn't make sense to me to only eat carbs post workout.

Growing new tissue is hard work and expensive, why make things more difficult.

If my body can utilize macros I'm going to feed the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DHew View Post
    You have come a long way and are doing well. That being said, why don't you try to add some lean mass now. You are very skinny and that might be a good second goal for you.
    I just finished a bulk lol im 211 pounds those pictures where 2 years old and i was sitting around 160 pounds like I mentioned that was my first cut all natural

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I'm familiar with the difference between ketosis and carb back loading.

More protein is not always better, especially when it comes to ketosis because 58% of protein can be converted to glucose,10% of fat can be converted to glucose and 100% of carbs can be converted to glucose.

If you're trying to add new muscle tissue it doesn't make sense to me to only eat carbs post workout.

Growing new tissue is hard work and expensive, why make things more difficult.

If my body can utilize macros I'm going to feed the fire.

Eating carbs pre or post doesn't seem to effect lean growth , remember the carbs you eat PWO before bed don't disappear over night they are stored into youre muscles long as you eat enough of them than you deplete during your workout than re-fill

been backloading 4 days now and strength is actually up with no pre workout carbs cause I hit ketosis mid workout

im a fan of ketosis I love it always will recommend it for clients but for muscle building its not great only good for cutting and works good

yes muscle is hard to build I totally agree take decades , but this style of eating I enjoy and feel good , I never liked carbs so im back loading again to see what happens , end of the day macros matter over timing , 300g of carbs is 300g grams of carbs one meal pwo only or 5 meals doesn't matter whats not used is stored , but if your depleted and eat them PWO you will store more for muscle and less for fat cells is the idea works well for me but I will be testing this for a month again to see if I should contunie or not im not bulking right now doing a re comp small cut

If this style of eating works for you and your enjoying the results that's all that matters.

I agree the body stores glycogen but to say eating carbs PWO vs spreading them throughout the day doesn't affect the body's ability to build muscle tissue is only a personal theory.

I think I helps burn more fat cause no insiline present

I think I helps burn more fat cause no insiline present
    That's very possible and to makes sense.

If that is the case then personally I want insulin so that nutrient transportation is at its peak.

If there's amino acids present insulin will facilitate their movement into cells.

Insulin creates an optimum anabolic environment while preventing catabolism.

Takes 72 hours of no food to start catabolism , not 3 hours that's why people fast for 24 hours eat one meal and still grow your body is not stupid

Takes 72 hours of no food to start catabolism , not 3 hours that's why people fast for 24 hours eat one meal and still grow your body is not stupid
    Anti catabolism is only one of the benefits of peak insulin .

Muscles need nutrients to grow and insulin promotes nutrient transportation.

Thread Information