biggdude is offline Junior Member

Needle broke during injection!

I was reading that when you slide the needle into your quad or wherever you shouldnt push it in all the way. They said leave a little part of the needle out so in case it breaks off you can still pull it out. Has the needle ever broken off in anyone?? And what are the chances of this happening?? Thanks

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Never happened to me although I have had needles bend in half when trying to push it through scar tissue in my glutes on a few occasions.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i think the chances are very slim, like rickson said, it might bend but break??

take a needle and try to bend it in half: you have ot bend it back and forth before it breaks off. Maybe a 18g would break in half because of its large shaft size but who would use that harpoon to inject??
    Last edited by abstrack; 07-06-2003 at 04:58 PM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Put a needle in a bar of soap, see for yourself how hard it actually is. Not likely to happen during injecting IMO.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Probobly the only way a needle would break when injecting is if it was broken before you stuck yourself with it.

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    Never heard of one breaking before!

biggdude is offline Junior Member
    yeah

tony_canuck is offline Junior Member
    never heard of that happening...i wouldn't worry about it

palme is offline Rosie Member
    No never heard about it happen to anyone.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    happened to me!

ouch!

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Although chances are slim, the possibility is still there. This is why it is important to not reuse needles (weakens the base), and like you said, do not push the needle in all the way. I have never heard of it happening, nor have I ever experienced it.....but you never know!!

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    happened to me!

ouch!
    What gauge was it?

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdude
    leave a little part of the needle out so in case it breaks off you can still pull it out. Has the needle ever broken off in anyone?? And what are the chances of this happening?? Thanks
    Actually, it CAN happen. The general rule is "use the largest gauge-size needle that the medication will pass through and that will not bend or break during the injection." As long as the gauge is appropriate for what you are injecting, and where you are injecting, I sincerely doubt you should have a problem.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Could you imagine having a needle stuck inside your skin and muscle til you get to the hospital? That would suck. No movement what so ever of that body part. That would make me not wanna inject for awhile.

massiveone is offline New Member
    Just one more thing to be paranoid about during an injection.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Never happened to me- bend a needle after you inject and you'll see it's pretty hard to break off.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    What gauge was it?

23g, 1 1/2, while I was pushing the top of the needle broke and the pin, so I was stuck with a pin in my ass until I got it out

pain in the ass

sp33dg33k is offline Member

pain in the ass

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    23g, 1 1/2, while I was pushing the top of the needle broke and the pin, so I was stuck with a pin in my ass until I got it out

pain in the ass

How did you get it out?

Mudge is offline Junior Member
    Not quite, but I bent a 25g 1.5" before, it did not break. IMO, push it in all the way, otherwise you are going to risk breakage, especially if your using a 25g to reduce scar tissue where injections take longer than 23g.

rosscokid is offline New Member
    I don't think you have to worry about the actual needle breaking, the concern is more that the needle would snap off of the plastic cap that screws on to the plunger. I pinch at the base of the cap like a dart with my fingers slightly onto the needle itself. If it did break off you would be in the hospital getting it cut out of your muscle, not cool. Further more if you were uncomfortable with injection, and passed out the needle could easily be snapped.

spicyboiNC is offline New Member

Question It happened to me this morning lol needle broke

I am fairly new to steroids I am 24 and have have HIV meds causing me to have low testosterone , etc etc, anyway very healthy, personal trainer for a living, but doc put me on Test Cyp 100-200 x1 per week left it up to me to decide how much I felt comfortable taking to get my energy back and gain back some weight etc, (Ill take the 200 per week thanks!) anyway all of my injections went well I had to take semorilin with insulin needles before which was good for a little weight gain in the long term but you guys know its totally dif than test, so didnt have the needle scare of course this is a bigger needle and done differently and blah blah...
    Onto my story and question...
    Well I woke up this morning and it was the day to do my injection, and I use a 25 gauge needle but that shit is still thick gotta kinda push the plunger. Now I wasn't pushing that hard, and I think it was the brand of needles after it happened I read that a lot of people experienced this problem.
    So there I was stuck in 200 (got it all in before the needle broke thank god hate to waste it!) Then right at the LAST tick mark on the syringe I hear a snap" pop" and of course I always blow things out of porportion so Im thinking "Shit the needle is in my glute and Im gonna have to go to hospital and have them get it out" lol "Well Im glad it was actually prescribed so I don't look that bad" then my common sense kicked in and I realized the needle/spring inside the syringe broke and the needle went into the vial. I was like thank god! lol, so I am going to try heating up the test from now on before injection my question for everyone is:

If I heat it up how much easier will it be to inject and can I go down on needles size? I mean needles don't bother me Im just wondering if the consistancy would really change enough for me to heat up the injection in hot water first or something?

Has anyone used the BD Integra Syringe 3ml 25g x 1 (0.5mm x 25mm)? Ive read several bad reviews, and that was a crappy experience: what are the best brand ones to ask for at the pharmacy or order?

Thanks!

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spicyboiNC View Post
    I am fairly new to steroids I am 24 and have have HIV meds causing me to have low testosterone , etc etc, anyway very healthy, personal trainer for a living, but doc put me on Test Cyp 100-200 x1 per week left it up to me to decide how much I felt comfortable taking to get my energy back and gain back some weight etc, (Ill take the 200 per week thanks!) anyway all of my injections went well I had to take semorilin with insulin needles before which was good for a little weight gain in the long term but you guys know its totally dif than test, so didnt have the needle scare of course this is a bigger needle and done differently and blah blah...
    Onto my story and question...
    Well I woke up this morning and it was the day to do my injection, and I use a 25 gauge needle but that shit is still thick gotta kinda push the plunger. Now I wasn't pushing that hard, and I think it was the brand of needles after it happened I read that a lot of people experienced this problem.
    So there I was stuck in 200 (got it all in before the needle broke thank god hate to waste it!) Then right at the LAST tick mark on the syringe I hear a snap" pop" and of course I always blow things out of porportion so Im thinking "Shit the needle is in my glute and Im gonna have to go to hospital and have them get it out" lol "Well Im glad it was actually prescribed so I don't look that bad" then my common sense kicked in and I realized the needle/spring inside the syringe broke and the needle went into the vial. I was like thank god! lol, so I am going to try heating up the test from now on before injection my question for everyone is:

If I heat it up how much easier will it be to inject and can I go down on needles size? I mean needles don't bother me Im just wondering if the consistancy would really change enough for me to heat up the injection in hot water first or something?

Has anyone used the BD Integra Syringe 3ml 25g x 1 (0.5mm x 25mm)? Ive read several bad reviews, and that was a crappy experience: what are the best brand ones to ask for at the pharmacy or order?

Thanks!
    amazing...........

Thread Information