Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Prolactin inhibitor?

Scottishjuicer18 is offline Junior Member

Prolactin inhibitor?

Hi guys

I am taking arimdiex 0.25mg EOD and I'm aware this limits estrogen. I've had issues with issues with finasteride causing high prolactin levels (I am using fin every day at 1mg to prevent hair loss).

Is arimidex suitable to limit prolactin increasing in my body? Or is there another drug I should take to limit prolactin from getting too high?

Thank you

G

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not a drug but a valid strategy is avoiding all kind of sexual activity (especially climax) as this will favour PRL secretion.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjuicer18 View Post
    Hi guys

I am taking arimdiex 0.25mg EOD and I'm aware this limits estrogen. I've had issues with issues with finasteride causing high prolactin levels (I am using fin every day at 1mg to prevent hair loss).

Is arimidex suitable to limit prolactin increasing in my body? Or is there another drug I should take to limit prolactin from getting too high?

Thank you

G
    Arimidex is an AI (aromatase inhibitor) has no effect on prolactin. To lower prolactin you'd need to use a dopamine agonist such as cabergoline or pramipexole

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Vit E and vit B6 are shown to lower prolactin..

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Not a drug but a valid strategy is avoiding all kind of sexual activity (especially climax) as this will favour PRL secretion.
    Now that's good to know..always wondered what harm I was doing to my hormones with orgasm..obviously after sex my workouts are terrible but I figured there was something else going on..

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    OP do you take finasteride regularly or only while on cycle?

Thanks guys

Numbers - I used finasteride everyday for 4 years and this increased my prolactin levels by 50%higher than the maximum for a male. My entire finasteride story is a recent post in the forum if you'd like a story.

Now I am only using fin 1mg everyday while on cycle to prevent hair loss

Numbers - I used finasteride everyday for 4 years and this increased my prolactin levels by 50%higher than the maximum for a male. My entire finasteride story is a recent post in the forum if you'd like a story.

I'll read your other finasteride thread sometime layer today.

You should be very careful if finasteride is causing elevated prolactin when off cycle and not taking an AI.

Prolactin usually follows elevated e2.

Having elevated e2 for prolonged periods can cause secondary hypogonadism.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro
    Well I'm absolutely screwed then! Lol!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Thanks guys

Quit worrying about your hair! Now if your guz n wheels are big enough who is going to look at your head?

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Quit worrying about your hair! Now if your guz n wheels are big enough who is going to look at your head?
    songdong - the problem i have is that i have had 2 hair transplants and if i didn't take care of my hair - i would be left with a head which resembled a chemotherapy patient (patchy hair) and 6000 white dots on the back of my head (fue scars)

So in an effort to reduce the chances of these things happening - i kinda have to preserve my hair !

would you recommend taking a prolactin inhibitor along with finasteride? I seen prices for cabergoline - 8 x 0.5mg for £65!!! thats crazy prices - are there any cheaper alternatives?

cheers my bro

G

songdong - the problem i have is that i have had 2 hair transplants and if i didn't take care of my hair - i would be left with a head which resembled a chemotherapy patient (patchy hair) and 6000 white dots on the back of my head (fue scars)
    I was under the belief that the follicles used in transplant procedures were not affected by 5ar.

Yeah this is true - but the problem i have is not all of my hair fell out prior to the transplants. I had little hair, but some areas were not transplanted as heavily as others - due to some native hair remaining.

So if my native hair fell out, and my translated hair remained - it would look ridiculous - and then id have to spend thousands on getting scalp micro pigmentation. Yes, the doctor did make me aware of this - but i did not expect any side effects associated with finasteride - or to ever being using AAS.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are that concerned with hair, perhaps you shouldn't be cycling in first place. Just saying.
    numbere likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi guys

Thank you

G
    Like said in your previous thread, testosterone is not supposed to increase prolactin. Prolactin problems with steroids are due to steroids like trenbolone and nandrolone , not testosterone.

So, using arimidex on a testosterone cycle it is suitable, but for e2 (estradiol - estrogen) control, which should always be done and tested through bloodwork.

If you had elevated prolactin before your cycle you need to find why, as there are some conditions that lead to it.

Thread Information