230isthegoal is offline New Member

Blood test question

So I'm almost 4 weeks into my first cycle, and i want to get bloodwork done at week 6 but I have a question.

It seems the most important things I want to check are my total/free testosterone (specifically so I can know my gear isn't underdosed/crap) and my estradiol.

A lot of people suggest getting the "female hormone panel" from private labsmd but Therein is my question.

That specific blood test measures total testosterone, but will not give an amount over 1500 of your test is higher than that. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of me getting the blood test if I don't even really know what my test level is at? Even if I know it's higher than 1500 and the gear is good, it seems people's test can go much higher than 1500 when on cycle and you still wouldn't have an answer about whether the gear is dosed correctly unless you had a specific count on testosterone.

Any opinions?

I'm leaning towards getting the blood work that costs 120 instead of the female panel since the other test will measure estradiol, total AND free test and actually give specific values for each regardless of level.

I also have plans to get a lot of other things checked such as Lh, lipids, CBC...the works, but these will be done through my doctor.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Imo get the hormone panel for males.

There's no need to test lh while on cycle.

You only need to test lipids if you have cholesterol issue or your curious how compounds used effect your levles.

The import things to know are TT, sensitive e2, CBC and to a lesser extent CMP.

The hormone panel for males gives you some other neat data like PSA, TSH and Igf.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

You only need to test lipids if you have cholesterol issue or your curious how compounds used effect your levles.

The import things to know are TT, sensitive e2, CBC and to a lesser extent CMP.
    My cholesterol has been bad before when I was young and 250lbs and family has issues so I always check it regularly.

And I get it that TT is important to check, but my original question is if I need to have a specific value for TT to know my gear is good or if a value over 1500 would be sufficient in knowing that my gear is good.

I'm pretty sure I can answer my own question but I was looking for opinion on that specifically. My personal doctor recommended I get the hormone testing done elsewhere as it would not be great to have bloodwork reflecting AAS use on my file.

Quote Originally Posted by 230isthegoal View Post
    And I get it that TT is important to check, but my original question is if I need to have a specific value for TT to know my gear is good or if a value over 1500 would be sufficient in knowing that my gear is good.
    If you want the best possible data on the quality of your gear then you need the actual number.

An lc/ms assay will give you an exact number and this is included in the hormone panel for males.

I think you should heed your doctor's advice and use a private lab.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    If you want the best possible data on the quality of your gear then you need the actual number.

An lc/ms assay will give you an exact number and this is included in the hormone panel for males.

I think you should heed your doctor's advice and use a private lab.
    I figured the exact number would be the right choice and have the test picked out. Yea my doctor told me how strongly he recommended AGAINST me doing this but said he would moniter my health as best he could if I decided to. I'm definitely doing private bloodwork for my hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by 230isthegoal View Post
    I figured the exact number would be the right choice and have the test picked out. Yea my doctor told me how strongly he recommended AGAINST me doing this but said he would moniter my health as best he could if I decided to. I'm definitely doing private bloodwork for my hormones.
    That's a good call.

Considering how much private labs cost it's not worth any future problems that may cost you much more.

Thread Information