Scottishjuicer18 is offline Junior Member

Glute injections and how I feel after a shot

Two questions guys..

I have returned to injecting in my glutes again after I had issues with injecting into pecs. In my delts and pecs, small lumps formed which went away quite quickly. My first glute injection left me with a massive lump which was around half the size of the muscle it's self! It took 3 weeks to completely go away.

Now, I've returned to the right hour and there is a lump forming once again but it's much sorer and larger than the ones I had in my delts and pecs. All injections were carried out by a medical professional (other than the pec ones which I did myself. 23 gauge 1 inch needle for delts and pecs. 23 guage 1.25 inch needle for glutes.

I think that as my ass is fatter than my delts and pecs, maybe the needle isn't being pushed in far enough? Although the medical professional ensures me that the oil is being deposited into muscle and not fat.

Any ideas why my glute PIP and lump size is so much worse then delts and pecs?

Thanks guys

The right glute *** not hour!

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try using a smaller needle like a 25g 1 inch

So maybe the needle is going in too far to the muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjuicer18 View Post
    So maybe the needle is going in too far to the muscle?
    I'm not sure but a bigger Neadle causes a bigger indentation into the muscle and you can get a small haematoma. This is still possible with a smaller needle however I've only experienced this twice in the last year

This can also happen if injection technique is sloppy if you moved the needle slightly while it was in the muscle it can create small tears which then causes small bleeding thus leaving you with a small lump (hematoma).

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    Slow your injections down, heat up the oil before injecting if you can. Injecting should take 2 minutes minimum, longer the better, do not force that oil into the muscle. I had TERRIBLE pip for a long time, until I slowed my injections WAY WAY DOWN. Now they are smooth as can be.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjuicer18 View Post
    My first glute injection left me with a massive lump which was around half the size of the muscle it's self!
    Dude.....how much did you inject? I hope you're exaggerating a bit.

It should take about a minute per ml when you pin. Take your time. When I pin I push about .1 ml and release. Wait a few seconds and push another .1 ml. It takes awhile but there's no lumps. Also what are you pinning? What's the BA content? Some people are sensitive to BA or some carrier oils. If your pinning technique is good you need to look at other causes.

I'm not exaggerating at all bro. My ass was in agony for 2 weeks - sitting down was very sore and training legs was impossible. There was literally a squished grapefruit in the middle of my ass (even tho the injection was done on the upper glute). My gear has a high BA content - but my delt, pecs shots were lumpy but went away in a few days - !no where near as bad as the first glute shot. Pinned my outer quad yesterday and so far it's sore but not lumpy.

These glute shots are fucking me up big time

Is it ok to avoid shooting In the glutes? And pin the delts and quads instead?

My last Injection on the right glute was done last Friday and there is a lot of redness In the area and a hard hit relatively small lump. Is it possible the oil is on the fat instead of the muscle?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member

I am assuming that you are using Pharm grade gear as it being administered by a medical professional? If so I would guess that glute injections technique is poor or that you may not quite be reaching the muscle. Ideally a 1.5" needle best for glutes.

I always shoot delts..

Thread Information