Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Euroholic
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By PT1982

Thread: Does the ester change the recovery time?

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Does the ester change the recovery time?

Would a test e cycle and a test prop cycle differ in regards to recovery after pct? In my brain id assume since test prop cycles are so short, recovery must be easier. But i know that cant be right. I understand everyones different but im just wondering the pros and cons of the different esters. Id like to do test prop for 8 weeks on my next cycle stacked with tbol (maybe 50mg a day of tbol?) for the entire cycle. I figure id get the most out of it rather than doing tbol for half of a 12 week test e cycle. Just spitballing here

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Recovery should in theory be easier for a 8 week prop cycle to a 12 week e/c cycle due to the fact that your body is under the stress for less time
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Recovery should in theory be easier for a 8 week prop cycle to a 12 week e/c cycle due to the fact that your body is under the stress for less time
    I agree. They both shut you down and both leave the system relatively quickly. Duration would be the main contributor in my mind.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My theory is this. The longer you're suppressed, the harder it is on you. Both are going to shut you down, but being on for 6-8 weeks is being shut down less than 10-16 weeks. Take that for what it's worth. I world recommend first timers to use test p if it wasn't for frequent injections. It's just a little overwhelming for newbies. My first was a short ester and I had to take a valium before the shots. That's how bad I feared needles.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The shorter the HPTA is suppressed the easier to recover makes sense.

I would really like to know the other factors that influence recovery though,
    we know several factors, like hcg to keep testes functioning.

But is it easier to recover the younger you are?
    Will each earlier cycle make it harder to recover? (I'd think so)

Just thinking about how we "cycled" when I was younger,
    and some friends of mine still do.
    Which is, basically, just staying on for a year or so, then taking a break for as long as possible (rarely more than two months), then here we go again.

While I'm fucked now, I'm amazed of how long we could continue this practice and recovery. But not everyone did, some had great problems recovering after these 1 year "cycles", and used maybe 6mo to recover sexual function.
    (Never mind blood work)

However, I think there's so cumulative damage, and that this approach is a sure fire way of eventually needing TRT.
    PT1982 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post

Which is, basically, just staying on for a year or so, then taking a break for as long as possible (rarely more than two months), then here we go again.

While I'm fucked now, I'm amazed of how long we could continue this practice and recovery. But not everyone did, some had great problems recovering after these 1 year "cycles", and used maybe 6mo to recover sexual function.
    (Never mind blood work)

However, I think there's so cumulative damage, and that this approach is a sure fire way of eventually needing TRT.
    Ive seen guys do very reckless and improper cycles, and still "appear" to recover and even continue to make gains. Then again ive seen guys blow up like monsters and then lose everything. I guess we're all different. Unless a person has superhuman dna, i think with years of cycles most of us serious athletes will end up on trt (if not all of us). Granted id like to delay that for as long as possible, the thought of pinning for life and never having to do pct doesnt scare me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post

(Never mind blood work)

I think it is easier to recover being younger, but in no way does that guarantee a full recovery. I agree with all you said. Back in the day, even on these boards, tren only, deca only, book only, etc was the norm. We learned from the past and our info is better because of it. Young guys I know get frustrated, and in sure they're going to do what they want, but at least we have a peace of mind.
    Another thing I'll add that seems to go against this board is oral only cycles for a first timer. I will always advise an anavar only cycle for guys without test. I know there are many factors to consider, but think about it. Everyone here seems to think anavar is weak. I've been here a week and have heard it 20 times and tons of old threads. Anyways, while anavar can be suppressive, odds are that's it. Odds are, if used properly, will not cause shut down. A young guy with a healthy hpta is going to recover much better than if he uses test only or test with the anavar. Test will cause complete hpta shut down, while odds favor that anavar wont. Not to mention a pct for anavar is simpler and shorter. I have seen first hand many many times of superior recovery in men under 25 years old with anavar only. Just throwing that out there because it's been bugging me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I think it is easier to recover being younger, but in no way does that guarantee a full recovery. I agree with all you said. Back in the day, even on these boards, tren only, deca only, book only, etc was the norm. We learned from the past and our info is better because of it. Young guys I know get frustrated, and in sure they're going to do what they want, but at least we have a peace of mind.
    Another thing I'll add that seems to go against this board is oral only cycles for a first timer. I will always advise an anavar only cycle for guys without test. I know there are many factors to consider, but think about it. Everyone here seems to think anavar is weak. I've been here a week and have heard it 20 times and tons of old threads. Anyways, while anavar can be suppressive, odds are that's it. Odds are, if used properly, will not cause shut down. A young guy with a healthy hpta is going to recover much better than if he uses test only or test with the anavar. Test will cause complete hpta shut down, while odds favor that anavar wont. Not to mention a pct for anavar is simpler and shorter. I have seen first hand many many times of superior recovery in men under 25 years old with anavar only. Just throwing that out there because it's been bugging me.
    I see what you mean. I was always told that anavar by itself is bad because it stops your production test, and thats why test is always the "base" of a stack. And im sure your right about anavar, its probably not nearly as suppressive as test, but either way there is hpta supression and i think proportionally the gains with test alongside anavar is worth the shutdown compared to anavar on its own. Most oral only cycles are because a kid is too scared to inject. But cmon, what we do is not for the fient of heart! Pin it to win it! Not trying to flame you at all good sir, just discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Would a test e cycle and a test prop cycle differ in regards to recovery after pct? In my brain id assume since test prop cycles are so short, recovery must be easier. But i know that cant be right. I understand everyones different but im just wondering the pros and cons of the different esters. Id like to do test prop for 8 weeks on my next cycle stacked with tbol (maybe 50mg a day of tbol?) for the entire cycle. I figure id get the most out of it rather than doing tbol for half of a 12 week test e cycle. Just spitballing here
    Here's my experience in recover prior to going on TRT. The fastest recovery was with Anavar only cycle ofr 6 weeks. Yeah, weak oral and short duration so good recovery. Second was Prop cycle. Third was Enth or Cyp cycle. The longest was that evil Tren cycle. Generally, shorter the cycle the easier the recovery. But when you mix compounds it seems to complicate the recover a little and delays recovery.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Here's my experience in recover prior to going on TRT. The fastest recovery was with Anavar only cycle ofr 6 weeks. Yeah, weak oral and short duration so good recovery. Second was Prop cycle. Third was Enth or Cyp cycle. The longest was that evil Tren cycle. Generally, shorter the cycle the easier the recovery. But when you mix compounds it seems to complicate the recover a little and delays recovery.
    You're a pretty smart feller. I hope a lot of people read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    I see what you mean. I was always told that anavar by itself is bad because it stops your production test, and thats why test is always the "base" of a stack. And im sure your right about anavar, its probably not nearly as suppressive as test, but either way there is hpta supression and i think proportionally the gains with test alongside anavar is worth the shutdown compared to anavar on its own. Most oral only cycles are because a kid is too scared to inject. But cmon, what we do is not for the fient of heart! Pin it to win it! Not trying to flame you at all good sir, just discussing.
    Do you not see that's a borderline oxymoron though? A six week anavar only cycle world more than likely cause some suppression, but you feel having a test base is wiser even though test will cause full hpta shutdown. I know I'm against the grain on this specific forum, and I understand the concern. But I would recommend an anavar only cycle over a test only cycle always, especially if one is concerned about recovery. If they're very concerned, I would steer them clear of everything, but 6 weeks of suppression is going to be easier to bounce back from than 12 weeks of shutdown.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Thread Information