• 1 Post By -Nac-
  • 1 Post By -Nac-
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd

Thread: intracycle cutting then bulking w/o gaining fat

c.l.shaw9 is offline New Member

intracycle cutting then bulking w/o gaining fat

so a little background first; i was a soldier for about 4 years and was injured in Iraq with a spine injury. didn't leave me paralyzed or anything, but i was in constant pain and it got worse with time. i recently tried a noninvasive procedure to help, and its just a brand new world! i can finally workout again, and just move in general! im excited to be getting back to the gym and put my body back together, and ill be honest, after all those years of being broken, im in no mood for taking my time.
    currently, im 32 years old, probably about 26% to 28% body fat, 5'11", 193 lbs (87.5 kg). im not a bodybuilder and dont plan to be, i feel like that makes me an outlier in the community. my goal is to end up at roughly the same weight with about 12% body fat. in other words, i just wanna get healthy and sexy. i do want to lose the fat first though, since summer is coming.
    ill be starting my first cycle shortly, it is as follows:
    Test E 300mg/wk OR Test P 240mg/wk wk1-12

anavar oral 50mg/wk wk 5-12

anastrazole

i dont expect it will take 12 weeks to drop to the fat level im looking to get to. Once im there, i would like to switch to a more mass building style, but again, im not looking for extreme or super fast results in this regard. i do want to keep the fat off though, and thats a large part of my question. how difficult is it to accomplish this, and how would i go about it. going straight from calorie deficit to calorie surplus seems like begging my body to store fat, so i was wondering if a more gradual increase would help this. ive also heard carb cycling can help, but would it work under these conditions?

im very aware that i should take myself to a peak physical point before juicing, but after all these years ive got a shot at looking good over summer, and i dont intend to miss it. my form is solid, and i still have muscle memory. im not new, just out of practice. other than efficiency and non-ideality, are there any real dangers to this?

many thanks in advance. you guys probably save lives by making information so freely available.

Quote Originally Posted by c.l.shaw9
    so a little background first; i was a soldier for about 4 years and was injured in Iraq with a spine injury. didn't leave me paralyzed or anything, but i was in constant pain and it got worse with time. i recently tried a noninvasive procedure to help, and its just a brand new world! i can finally workout again, and just move in general! im excited to be getting back to the gym and put my body back together, and ill be honest, after all those years of being broken, im in no mood for taking my time. currently, im 32 years old, probably about 26% to 28% body fat, 5'11", 193 lbs (87.5 kg). im not a bodybuilder and dont plan to be, i feel like that makes me an outlier in the community. my goal is to end up at roughly the same weight with about 12% body fat. in other words, i just wanna get healthy and sexy. i do want to lose the fat first though, since summer is coming. ill be starting my first cycle shortly, it is as follows: Test E 300mg/wk OR Test P 240mg/wk wk1-12 anavar oral 50mg/wk wk 5-12 anastrazole i dont expect it will take 12 weeks to drop to the fat level im looking to get to. Once im there, i would like to switch to a more mass building style, but again, im not looking for extreme or super fast results in this regard. i do want to keep the fat off though, and thats a large part of my question. how difficult is it to accomplish this, and how would i go about it. going straight from calorie deficit to calorie surplus seems like begging my body to store fat, so i was wondering if a more gradual increase would help this. ive also heard carb cycling can help, but would it work under these conditions? im very aware that i should take myself to a peak physical point before juicing, but after all these years ive got a shot at looking good over summer, and i dont intend to miss it. my form is solid, and i still have muscle memory. im not new, just out of practice. other than efficiency and non-ideality, are there any real dangers to this? many thanks in advance. you guys probably save lives by making information so freely available.
    First of all....
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Onto your quest.
    I only have 3 minutes so I'll be quick.
    Don't do this cycle.
    I'll let others explain why.

Realize this...
    In order for you to accomplish your goal you need to lose 29lbs of fat while putting on 29lbs of muscle in 12 weeks and then maintain that after PCT.
    There is not a shot in hell that this will happen.
    PT1982 likes this.

-Nac- is offline New Member
    Generally speaking, the higher your bodyfat the greater the health/sides risk factor with using AAS.

Most people who respect health will advise not to cycle if 15% bfat of higher.

Id add to that, DEFINITELY do not cycle if 15% bfat or higher AND you have high blood pressure or no way of regularly monitoring it.

Also, I wouldnt even consider touching hormonals without a complete blood panel. If you dont already have high estrogen, you will be predisposed to it when taking AAS like test.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

i see. Thanks for the responses guys!

first of all, my general health is good, though i dont know what my estrogen looks like. no heart, cholesterol, or BP issues. also i should tell you that im prescribed 20mg/day adderall extended release, not sure if its relevant. Would estrogen blockers alleviate the estrogen concern?

to the deadlift dog, im not committed to reaching those goals on a first cycle, i realize that would be silly. something like 180 with about 18-20% BF seems much more reasonable.

both responders seem to think this particular cycle is a mistake. i had considered just doing an anavar cycle, but got some pushback on that from a local friend. what are your thoughts on that? i would also add that minimizing side effects is VERY important to me

My advice, fwiw, is to do a cut naturally. Boring, yeah. And test *is* one of the "safest" AAS you can inj. But when things go wrong they can do so spectacularly; anyone who has spent a bit of time on AAS forums has seen this.

If health and longevity is indeed paramount, lose some bfat without AAS.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    1st cycling at such a high bf% can cause a lot of problems like Gyno.I realise you want to do this quick and all at once but it doesn't work that way.Plus I don't believe with all your injuries you were training this is another problem.While on aas your muscles will get stronger faster than your tendons and legaments and you could easily injure or tear them which happens.Take your time and do things right or you will end up back in the hospital with other problems.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank you for your service sir! Glad to have you here

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Thank you for your service sir! Glad to have you here
    I appreciate that. this is a really helpful community and I'm glad I came here before making a decision.

Do it send like the consensus is I should hold off a while. I'll take that advice, but I still want to "hack the system". What are your thoughts on testosterone boosters? I can do some heavy research myself, but what are your general thoughts? Will I still have the same health concerns? I've always just kinda thought they were largely useless, though admittedly I don't have a lot of reasons to think this other than a general distrust of supplements.

Are there any other things you guys can think of to suggest?

Really appreciate all the advice and timely responses, thanks a lot guys!

Testosterone boosters can be helpful, as long as youre realistic with your expectations.

Compounds like lj100/tongkat ali, and ashwagandha, will largely prove beneficial with things like sleep, libido, stress, cortisol. But the best theyll do with your test is maybe push it up a couple hundred points. This wont nearly be enough to translate into noticeable lean mass and strength gains.

But, getting better rest etc can certainly help training.

You can pick up many of these compounds bulk for reasonably cheap; dont fall for expensive proprietary blend product promises of "massive gainz!!"
    Last edited by -Nac-; 03-16-2017 at 06:32 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by c.l.shaw9 View Post
    I appreciate that. this is a really helpful community and I'm glad I came here before making a decision.

Do it send like the consensus is I should hold off a while. I'll take that advice, but I still want to "hack the system". What are your thoughts on testosterone boosters? I can do some heavy research myself, but what are your general thoughts? Will I still have the same health concerns? I've always just kinda thought they were largely useless, though admittedly I don't have a lot of reasons to think this other than a general distrust of supplements.

Are there any other things you guys can think of to suggest?

Really appreciate all the advice and timely responses, thanks a lot guys!
    They are a waste of money!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Best thing you can do is have your diet evaluated in the diet section and post your workout/cardio schedule in there too.
    ghettoboyd likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    If you are fat now then you have a diet issue. Basically....

"Calories in" support your fat weight, which requires modification of

1. Number of calories
    2. Source of calories

Get your diet and hydration set and live with it for at least 2-months (my personal magic number). This lets it be set as your norm and a habit.

Once that is done address your medical. Blood Pressure is cheap and easy to handle. Drugs like Lisinopril and Betaloc are a dime a dozen and so easy to track with a blood pressure meter. Make the necessary changes and live with them for 2 months...then move on to cycling.

First rule is you either cut or you bulk. Reality is you gain muscle either way. One way you might add 10-20% extra muscle when said but also gain fat that has to be worked off. The other you dont have to lose the fat because you lost fat all the way. Choose one path and do it.

Read up on the 500 Test cycle with AI and PCT. During your 2-4 months of correcting your current issues read and gather your supplies. Once ready just do it.

Professional Bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman have said many times during the off season they go up to 20=25% bodyfat easily. As long as you know what you might be looking at for sides and how to handle them you should be ok. I do not know of anyone in person that ran the 500 Test cycle with AI and had any issue beyond blood pressure/palpitation issues. Both easily handled.

There is no perfect world or perfect physical condition during cycle. You do your best and live with the risks. Key is do your best and don't close your eyes to the possible issues.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    They are a waste of money!
    I was trying to get on TRT and was taking test boosters. Doc had me off them for 6 weeks. Test sample while on and off was the same.

Lol I dont think we should be using pro BBers as a guide to what is "healthy practice".

Blog Entries
    all test boosters are, are over the counter a.i. so by lowering your estrogen you test will apparently rise or appear too but only for a short time until the feedback loop tells the body to convert more test to estrogen...the "clinical results" they speak of are all smoke and mirrors... total waste of money...OP there is no getting around doing the work my friend...diet and cardio right now...
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Thread Information