hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

First blood work questions

Hi guys not sure if this is the correct section. But I have went for my first ever blood work and there is a few things that look very low compared to the range. For example my free test.... anyway I would appreciate it if you guys could let me know if all of this is normal for an 18 year old male. I was also prescribed an ample of vitamin d a week for six weeks. I shall post the pictures below

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You need to post your results
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Attachment 168487

Attachment 168488

Sorry was having some issues putting the photo up

It has come out rotated I will type them out in the meantime

Plasma glucose level 4.5mmol/L - range 3.0-6.0

CALCIUM
    serum albumin 54g/L - 35-50

Corrected serum calcium level 2.32mmol/L -range 2.20 - 2.60

serum lipids

Serum cholesterol 4.4mmol/L - range 0.0-5.0

Total cholesterol HDL RATIO 3.1

Serum triglycerides 0.60mmol/L - range 0.00-2.30

Serum HDL cholesterol levels 1.41mmol/L -range 0.90-1.80

Serum LDL cholesterol levels 2.7mmol/L -range 0.0-3.0

LIVER FUNCTION
    Serum albumin - 54g/L - range 35-50
    Serum alkaline phosphatase 79U/L - range 65-210
    Serum alanine aminotransferase level 29U/L - range 5-55
    Serum bilirubin 12umol/L - range 0-20

UREA AND ELECTROLYTES
    Serum bicarbonate 27mmol/L - range 22-29
    Serum chloride 101mmol/L - range 95-108
    Serum sodium 145mmol/L - range 133-146
    Serum creatinine 81umol/L - range 71-123
    Estimated EGFR >59
    Serum urea level 6.1mmol/L - range 2.5-7.8

THYROID
    free t4 level 14.4pmol/L - range 9.p-21.0
    Serum TSH level 1.32mU/L - range 0.20-5.00

VITIMIN D
    Vitimin d 32nmol/L - range 25-170

TESTOSTERONE
    Serum sex hormone binding globulin level 44.9nmol/L - range 17.00-56.0

Serum testosterone 16.70nmol/L - range 8.60-29.00

Calculated free testosterone 286pmol/L - range 200-620

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe now you realize trying to go keto is not healthy.

Not much to say about it, except SHBG is eating some of your free test and test output could be better, but like I said its normal on low carb/high fat diets.

Calcium also shows it, its barely in range. Not good for a 18 year old IMHO.

Why were you checking hormones? what symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Maybe now you realize trying to go keto is not healthy.

Not much to say about it, except SHBG is eating some of your free test and test output could be better, but like I said its normal on low carb/high fat diets.

Calcium also shows it, its barely in range. Not good for a 18 year old IMHO.
    Yeah I guess I realise that now. I'll need to re-evaluate my diet I think.

I don't understand bloodwork that well but my TSH seems to be low. Can this be due to keto? And also is my free test low for 18? When researching all of the units seem to be different.

Thankyou for your thoughts I do appreciate it

I was checking my hormones because
    1. Keto feels slightly damaging to my health. At the end of my first go I felt very unhealthy.
    2.my eyes had been slightly yellow at some points
    3.i was curious about my test level... my dad was a long time aas user. But apparantly it shouldn't have an impact on my levels.
    4. I want to have a base level for when I perhaps go down an aas route 5 or 6 years in the future

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    TSH is ok, if it was high it would be bad.

Retest when on healthy diet. Eat veggies. Low alcohol. Dont overtrain. Have good sleeping habits.

All this will help, but if you feel normal, dont get hang up on the "My testosterone numbers needs to high" hype.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Although it can be somewhat gleaned based on your numbers, for clarity what is the context for your blood work, i.e., pre-cycle, mid-cycle, post-cycle, during pct, post-pct, 1-2-3 mths post-pct?
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    TSH is ok, if it was high it would be bad.

Retest when on healthy diet. Eat veggies. Low alcohol. Dont overtrain. Have good sleeping habits.

All this will help, but if you feel normal, dont get hang up on the "My testosterone numbers needs to high" hype.
    Thank you BB. I will get everything tested in yhe future when I'm eating good. And well I don't have a sex drive and I dumped my last girlfriend because I wasn't interested a year ago... idk tho. I feel too many 18-20 year old say low test so that they can excuse jumping to aas at an earlier age.

But thankyou sir

Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Although it can be somewhat gleaned based on your numbers, for clarity what is the context for your blood work, i.e., pre-cycle, mid-cycle, post-cycle, during pct, post-pct, 1-2-3 mths post-pct?
    Hi there I have never cycled nor will I in the near future. This was my first ever health check so to speak and I had requested specifically testosterone , cholesterol and thyroid part of the test for my own knowledge. Cholesterol because I have been doing keto for a while. The nurse added the rest in and it came out a vit d deficiency.

So just general health checkup was feeling a little funky coming off keto a couple of months ago when I took a break

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Hi there I have never cycled nor will I in the near future. This was my first ever health check so to speak and I had requested specifically testosterone , cholesterol and thyroid part of the test for my own knowledge. Cholesterol because I have been doing keto for a while. The nurse added the rest in and it came out a vit d deficiency.

So just general health checkup was feeling a little funky coming off keto a couple of months ago when I took a break
    Ok, so based on your above bolded text, why are you here? Or more aptly, here posting in the 'Anabolic Steroids Forum', as opposed to the Supplement, Diet, Workout, etc. forums?
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Ok, so based on your above bolded text, why are you here? Or more aptly, here posting in the 'Anabolic Steroids Forum', as opposed to the Supplement, Diet, Workout, etc. forums?
    I apologise that this is in the wrong place. Others bloodwork that I have seen has been posted here. Is there any way that I can move it?

Edit - and as for why I am in the forum in general... I am interested in the bodybuilding lifestyle and am here to use the wealth of knowledge that is available. I am not ready to cycle due to my age
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 03-24-2017 at 12:38 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well you said you were young but I didn't know you were 18.

What I can say, your T levels are kind of poor for your age, so I'd suggest to keep track of it, but in the meanwhile, there is some room for improvement.

As already told you above, keto and low carb kind of diets can have the unfortunate consequence of upregulate SHBG synth. in the liver. That will result in decreased free T, which is what matters when speaking of libido.

Vitamin D levels are low. I would suggest to supplement with at least 2500IU of D3. Might also account for the low Ca levels and plays a role too with SHBG. You can also try chelated boron, and some Zinc.

The high albumin reveals chronic dehydration, another potential issue with keto diets. Be sure to hydrate properly.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Well you said you were young but I didn't know you were 18.

What I can say, your T levels are kind of poor for your age, so I'd suggest to keep track of it, but in the meanwhile, there is some room for improvement.

As already told you above, keto and low carb kind of diets can have the unfortunate consequence of upregulate SHBG synth. in the liver. That will result in decreased free T, which is what matters when speaking of libido.

Vitamin D levels are low. I would suggest to supplement with at least 2500IU of D3. Might also account for the low Ca levels and plays a role too with SHBG. You can also try chelated boron, and some Zinc.

The high albumin reveals chronic dehydration, another potential issue with keto diets. Be sure to hydrate properly.
    Yessir I'm a youngun.

I will certainly keep track of my test.

I have been prescribed six weeks of vitimin d with a blood test at the end. I hope it's not something I need to have prescribed for life....

Could be the fact I live in Scotland and we get no sunlight lol. I will up my water dosage accordingly. Thanks as always

chab is offline Junior Member
    Although 286 free test shows in the normal range .... It is not ....
    Most physicians would consider anything less than 400 a low test state; eat more slow digesting carbs (oat, brown rice) and take a vitamin D supplement (1000 IU per day or 10000 IU per week) since your result is in the low range and take Zinc supplement then retest in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chab View Post
    Although 286 free test shows in the normal range .... It is not ....
    Most physicians would consider anything less than 400 a low test state; eat more slow digesting carbs (oat, brown rice) and take a vitamin D supplement (1000 IU per day or 10000 IU per week) since your result is in the low range and take Zinc supplement then retest in 3 months.
    I'm assuming it's 'normal' for someone slightly older than 18? I will certainly make some changes to my diet soon. I have been prescribed 50,000iu of vitimin d a week for six weeks from the results

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I'm assuming it's 'normal' for someone slightly older than 18?
    Sometimes it just happens to be physiological, your T should be peaking at your age but there is chance it might a bit later, otherwise you are predisposed to develop low T early in adulthood (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post

Sometimes it just happens to be physiological, your T should be peaking at your age but there is chance it might a bit later, otherwise you are predisposed to develop low T early in adulthood (imo).
    Really don't want to say it yet but... called it...

I'm coming off keto and going to eat healthy up till my next blood test I will ask to get test redone.

I don't think it's impacting my life too much. I'm just not too interested in getting out there

Thread Information