Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Marcus G
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Question about half life.

Mlreynol9 is offline New Member

Question about half life.

Hey guys, quick question. I understand that the half life of EQ is roughly 21 days, and Test E is about 14. So that means that after my last pin (of each), it will still be active in my body, for that amount of time, correct? Any feedback will help, thanks!

lntense is offline Junior Member
    Some say 14 days, some say 16, some say 20+. I'd go with around 15-20 days at least on the EQ. So yes it will still be active in your system a little while and you will want to start whatever pct you have lined up after they are eliminated out. Test E/C is around 14 days.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlreynol9 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I understand that the half life of EQ is roughly 21 days, and Test E is about 14. So that means that after my last pin (of each), it will still be active in my body, for that amount of time, correct? Any feedback will help, thanks!
    If you were to PCT you'd have to let the Boldenon Undecyclenate to clear it's a long ester so 18-21 days from last pin - depends on metabilization as well
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-31-2017 at 11:58 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lntense View Post
    Some say 14 days, some say 16, some say 20+. I'd go with around 15-20 days at least on the EQ. So yes it will still be active in your system a little while and you will want to start whatever pct you have lined up after they are eliminated out. Test E/C is around 14 days.
    Test E active life is 12-14 days from last pin and cyp fall around the same 12-14'as well it's not that uncommon to start C days b4 if your a faster metabolizer which BW will show- let's not just throw numbers around as PCT is the most important part to any cycle unless on HRT/TRT

Edit - The generule Rule of thumb to start PCT like OP asked would be w/EQ 21days(generule consensus) test E 14 days both from last pin - this does not take into account how one metabolizes which I've found in BW it's always a few days before for me as well! And this is active life not half life!
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-31-2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Needed to make some points clearer

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Half life of test e is around 5-7 days. EQ I'd say around 14 days. Half life isn't the amount of time the substance is active for that's the active life. The half life is how long it takes for a substance to fall to half of its initial dose.
    numbere and NACH3 like this.

mike198 is offline Associate Member
    This topic has always perplexed me. I run low dose cycles every now and then (250-300 mg test) and have always started PCT 8 days after my last pin. Many people scoff at this as 14 days after last pin seems to be dogma to many. But why would I start PCT at the same onset as someone running double or triple that amount? He will have far more test circulating in his system than me at two weeks. I debated a guy here on the forum two years ago as he ridiculed me for starting PCT 8 days out on a 260mg/week cycle. I asked him when I should start. He said two weeks after last pin. I then asked him what about someone who's running a gram/week. He said two weeks. That to me makes zero sense. Either I start sooner or he starts much later IMO

lntense is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Test E is 14 days from last pin and cyp fall around 18 but it's not that uncommon to start C around 15-16 days if your a faster metabolizer - let's not just throw numbers around as PCT is the most important part to any cycle unless on HRT/TRT
    It's not throwing around numbers.

Everyone metabolizes the ester at a little different rate(hence why I said some people say different things regarding EQ, Deca , etc..). Which is why I went with the longer route and told him to wait the 20 days on the EQ.

And I disagree on it being the most important part. In my opinion estrogen control ON CYCLE is the most important part, whereas your body will eventually reach homeostasis even if you don't PCT, it may just take longer, recovery comes down mostly to genetics. Again that's my opinion, like everyone else on here has one and little scientific evidence to back it up.

Last edited by lntense; 03-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It is all important. Yes people metabolize different so numbers as far as half life and active life are just a reference. The only way to know is labs. I know that 10 days from last test cyp pin my total T level drops in the toilet but at the 3.5 day mark my level will be over 3,000 ng/dl
    NACH3 likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike198 View Post
    This topic has always perplexed me. I run low dose cycles every now and then (250-300 mg test) and have always started PCT 8 days after my last pin. Many people scoff at this as 14 days after last pin seems to be dogma to many. But why would I start PCT at the same onset as someone running double or triple that amount? He will have far more test circulating in his system than me at two weeks. I debated a guy here on the forum two years ago as he ridiculed me for starting PCT 8 days out on a 260mg/week cycle. I asked him when I should start. He said two weeks after last pin. I then asked him what about someone who's running a gram/week. He said two weeks. That to me makes zero sense. Either I start sooner or he starts much later IMO
    True.
    My endo also said that,
    If using 250mg a week just wait a week and it'll clear.
    (Not totally, but you get my drift)

Half lives are a little difficult because it also matters how much oil you injected,
    1000mg in 4mls will differ in half life to 250mg in 1ml.
    (Just look at Nebido)

But aside from bloodwork I'd follow the general guide norms.

While there are a lot of studies on this,
    another problem is that half life isn't exactly following 1.order kinetics either.
    Although it seems to adhere to it well in many cases.

Thread Information