• 2 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By Couchlock
  • 2 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By Mr. Small
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Can I Still Gain During PCT?

Mr. Small is offline Member

Can I Still Gain During PCT?

Running about 500mg of Test E per week for the 12 weeks, just started PCT today. During the 2 week gap between week 12 and PCT, i was still increasing my lifts by one rep every week......getting stronger.

Will i still notice this stregnth during PCT or will it stop at maintanence?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Small View Post
    Running about 500mg of Test E per week for the 12 weeks, just started PCT today. During the 2 week gap between week 12 and PCT, i was still increasing my lifts by one rep every week......getting stronger.

I was a week into heavy pct and added 50 lb to my deadlift and 25 lbs to leg extensions, on 8 rep work sets.
    You can still grow on pct but it will be minor after 12 weeks. Your growth window usally is nearly closed after week 8 if training was done to full potential.

I have had serious strength increases on pct this time, it is just an anomaly in my mind. Its not something I will come to expect. Usually I lose intensity and get weaker.
    Its all in our heads.
    Mr. Small likes this.

Yeh, could be in our heads alright. But this cycle has gone better than expected, i am still gaining every week
    Obs likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member

Not unheard of but I'd expect strength to fall slightly over the next few weeks
    Obs and NACH3 like this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

You gotta think your test levels were still high during the 2 week gap after you stopped..I've never gained size or strength during pct, ever..it's always been the same a gradual loss of some size and strength depending on the size and length of the cycle..
    Obs, Mr. Small and NACH3 like this.

Hopefully i won't lose too much stregnth then

If you've just started PCT, you still have a lot of Test in your system due to the long ester. As the Test starts to drop, you'll gonna lose some strength. That's the name of the game. That's why we cycle. If we could continually get stronger, everyone would be able to bench press a truck. Enjoy each cycle as they come.
    DROY and Mr. Small like this.

Well it was chest day today and my lifts were down by one rep on every set......so the gaining is over

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    Not unheard of but I'd expect strength to fall slightly over the next few weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    You gotta think your test levels were still high during the 2 week gap after you stopped..I've never gained size or strength during pct, ever..it's always been the same a gradual loss of some size and strength depending on the size and length of the cycle..
    This ^^ is more the norm... like said above your test was still high due to the ester - imho... keep eating at maintenance and after a cycle your body could use a pullback/deload wk or two as well... just keep using progressive overload after your pullback and you'll feel much more energized(or as much as you can expect in an Active PCT!

Try and keep your strength up moreso after you came off last time then you'll increase more the next time around / GL andkeep training hard!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Likely won't notice the strength drop for a couple weeks. I don't buy any of this crap about gains ending week 8, it's just plain stupid the long esters don't even hit peak levels until like week 5.
    numbere likes this.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Yes you can gain during pct.

May loose strength but you bring muscle to failure, and eat right, it has to grow bigger.

You may loose the aggression required to use that mass for strength, but mass gains can happen.
    .its all,in your head

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Likely won't notice the strength drop for a couple weeks. I don't buy any of this crap about gains ending week 8, it's just plain stupid the long esters don't even hit peak levels until like week 5.
    Thought that was noncence alright. If we stopped gaining by week 8, then what would be the point of cycling for 12 weeks.
    I was gaining until week 14 with some hard training.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Yes you can gain during pct.

May loose strength but you bring muscle to failure, and eat right, it has to grow bigger.

You may loose the aggression required to use that mass for strength, but mass gains can happen.
    .its all,in your head
    Might be a bit optimistic to be gaining after PCT
    NACH3 likes this.

Might be a bit optimistic to be gaining after PCT
    Really.

So once you cycle, you never gain again without roids?

I'm basing it on,my experience of a single cycle. I ran 17 weeks of test cyp 600 per week. Hcg 2x week, adex eod, and 28 days of low dose anavar at end as bridge to pct while I waited the 18 days for cyp. To wash out.

I never lost much, strength stayed same give or take.

But, im defiantly gaining after pct
    Last edited by Couchlock; 04-19-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Obs and numbere like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Really.

So once you cycle, you never gain again without roids?

I'm basing it on,my experience of a single cycle. I ran 17 weeks of test cyp 600 per week. Hcg 2x week, adex eod, and 28 days of low dose anavar at end as bridge to pct while I waited the 18 days for cyp. To wash out.

I never lost much, strength stayed same give or take.

But, im defiantly gaining after pct
    Lucky dog.
    My strength is up and I am hard as fuck. This is week three I believe. First time this has happened.

I wish my next cycle was starting. I am such a junkie....

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

Lucky dog.
    My strength is up and I am hard as fuck. This is week three I believe. First time this has happened.

I wish my next cycle was starting. I am such a junkie....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20170419_123343.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	168956

Oh I know, I'm not waiting time on plus pct = time off. As soon,as the rest gets here its go time.

My pct and hcg should be here in 3 to 4 weeks max. Then come June 1st I'm running this 14 weeker very very very strict. Im talking Nazi strict.

I am removing my tv in bedroom, getting rid of play station 3 (mortal combat junkie)

I haven't smoked in 2 months or cigarettes (smoked 1.5 packs a day during last time)

No artificial sweeteners, nothing but caveman food.

Fwiw, June will be 5 months after last shot of test, 3 months after pct completion
    Obs likes this.

Fwiw, June will be 5 months after last shot of test, 3 months after pct completion
    It's time

Kyle1337 is offline Member

Oh I know, I'm not waiting time on plus pct = time off. As soon,as the rest gets here its go time.

My pct and hcg should be here in 3 to 4 weeks max. Then come June 1st I'm running this 14 weeker very very very strict. Im talking Nazi strict.

I am removing my tv in bedroom, getting rid of play station 3 (mortal combat junkie)

I haven't smoked in 2 months or cigarettes (smoked 1.5 packs a day during last time)

No artificial sweeteners, nothing but caveman food.

How do your bloods look?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post

How do your bloods look?
    I am going in next week for bloods.

I just need my hormones, I know damn sure my cholesterol and shits in check

Average blood pressure is 95/63

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The gains in size you make regardless of being on cycle or not are made and supported because of what you're doing to your body, which includes training, nutrition and supplementation. Gear is included in supplementation.

If you are at your natural max, meaning you can't really grow any more muscle tissue naturally, when you take gear, although you're still doing the work, the work is supported by the gear. Take away the gear and you take away the support system. No different than if you make great progress with great nutrition and then take it away.

Long and short, there are thresholds in everything in life.
    PT1982 and NACH3 like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    The gains in size you make regardless of being on cycle or not are made and supported because of what you're doing to your body, which includes training, nutrition and supplementation. Gear is included in supplementation.

If you are at your natural max, meaning you can't really grow any more muscle tissue naturally, when you take gear, although you're still doing the work, the work is supported by the gear. Take away the gear and you take away the support system. No different than if you make great progress with great nutrition and then take it away.

Long and short, there are thresholds in everything in life.
    Quality post Metalject

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

It depends. If u have saved some goodies. Like creatin, beeing a little low on carbs, not optimal training and diett, its possible.
    But if there is no more goodies to add (that i doubt, u can always train smarter), it should be difficult.

Yes, looks like the next 3 weeks are going to be slightly downhill

FeSBR is offline New Member
    Yeah, I am nearing this point also and not looking forward to it...
    I am curious to see how I will handle it both physically and psychologically.
    I know some guys that just become slobs when not on gear and can't even get themselves back in the gym until they start another cycle.

PCT is running smooth so far. So maybe i will hold on to much of the gains, i am keeping the calories the same as they were on cycle

Jphunter is offline Associate Member

Good job on keeping the Gaines coming !!
    I tend to switch my diet up last few weeks of a cycle lowering if not dropping carbs depending on how I'm cycling my carbs , then when I start my pct I up calories including carbs for a huge rebound and that has worked for me to gain strength or at least maintain what I have gained in the past . But like OBs stated that's a tough time for any person and you can't expect it every time , you have to own your mind . And an idling mind is the devils playground . Just hit it harder then ever !

Quote Originally Posted by Jphunter View Post
    I tend to switch my diet up last few weeks of a cycle lowering if not dropping carbs depending on how I'm cycling my carbs , then when I start my pct I up calories including carbs for a huge rebound and that has worked for me to gain strength or at least maintain what I have gained in the past . But like OBs stated that's a tough time for any person and you can't expect it every time , you have to own your mind . And an idling mind is the devils playground . Just hit it harder then ever !
    I have kept the cals high, about 3200, the same as on cycle.
    Into the second week of PCT and my weight has stayed the same so far.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jphunter View Post
    This is crucial to keeping gains - if bf starts raising b/c of estrogen rebound and low T try carb cycling to hold on to that hard earned muscle tissue!
    Mr. Small likes this.

Thread Information