TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

NPP and lethargy/fatigue

I just finished up a run with NPP/test and have to say it was just not a fun run. Granted I had several issues detracting from the cycle with a pretty horrific knee issue and some personal stuff, most/all of which is now sorted, but I experienced pretty decent fatigue after about 2-3 wks in that just never went away. I started having difficulty getting all my kcals in after wk 3 because I felt full all of the time. Never experienced that before with test or deca , usually can't control my appetite. Seemed to progress a bit and final speed bump of some food poisoning for a couple of days last weekend and trying to recoup from that has me down 13 lbs in 5 days because I just can't eat. Got to where I couldn't even stomach water based protein shakes.

Workouts were lackluster and I would say I had about 4 killer ones in 9 wks, today being one of those on a day least expected. Gains not much in strength dept, see some gains slightly in muscle shape/growth but nothing I would consider worthy of the NPP 400/test 500 run.

I don't think I will do NPP again and just wonder if anyone else has had anything similar. I am thinking I just don't respond well to it.

I did a qualitative test on it and it was NPP per labmax test kit.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    I just finished up a run with NPP/test and have to say it was just not a fun run. Granted I had several issues detracting from the cycle with a pretty horrific knee issue and some personal stuff, most/all of which is now sorted, but I experienced pretty decent fatigue after about 2-3 wks in that just never went away. I started having difficulty getting all my kcals in after wk 3 because I felt full all of the time. Never experienced that before with test or deca , usually can't control my appetite. Seemed to progress a bit and final speed bump of some food poisoning for a couple of days last weekend and trying to recoup from that has me down 13 lbs in 5 days because I just can't eat. Got to where I couldn't even stomach water based protein shakes.

Workouts were lackluster and I would say I had about 4 killer ones in 9 wks, today being one of those on a day least expected. Gains not much in strength dept, see some gains slightly in muscle shape/growth but nothing I would consider worthy of the NPP 400/test 500 run.

I don't think I will do NPP again and just wonder if anyone else has had anything similar. I am thinking I just don't respond well to it.

I did a qualitative test on it and it was NPP per labmax test kit.
    Did you take an AI it sounds like elevated e2?

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    Did you take an AI it sounds like elevated e2?
    Yes, monitored e2 and used adex. Sensitive assay showed it a little low and adjusted. Also used caber though prolactin remained stable.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pulled any thyroid lab?

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Pulled any thyroid lab?
    Thyroid showed only subclinical decrease in T4, but I have had that consistently without symptoms. I can't supplement any T3/T4 or combo or I get significant heart palpitations, but everything on my labs was within reasonable range and nothing to account for symptoms, so I related it to NPP.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    could be high rbc count as well
    Interestingly, my Hb/Hct has remained stable. Discussed this in thread when I posted my labs at 6 wks. I used to have to get phlebotomy every 8 wks to keep Hct below 50. Last phlebotomy put me in anemic range and since then I have only remained in normal, with high test/NPP and TRT only, so that is a bit of a concern but not anemic so don't see normal labs as a source for symptoms.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Possibly Low Iron/ micronutrients for the HCT not elevating again.

400/500 is not an overpowering cycle but even with your sickness and hurdles you should have maintained 2-4 lbs lean mass?

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Yes, monitored e2 and used adex. Sensitive assay showed it a little low and adjusted. Also used caber though prolactin remained stable.
    Maybe it was from the caber? I had bad lethargy in the start on caber.

Thread Information