Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Accidental subQ injection?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and just started my first cycle last week. Just 500mg Test Cyp/week. I'm a big guy, former football player, 6'7 320lb 20% BF and performed my first 2 injections this past week, 1 in each glute. It's been just under 4 days since the first injection and I'm still experiencing some achiness at the injection site. Given my size, is it possible that I may have not reached the muscle with my injection, and injected subcutaneously? I used 1.5 inch needles. Is there a way to determine if I'm reaching the desired depth, and if I did inadvertently inject subcutaneously, is that something to be worried about?

Thanks!

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heel94 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and just started my first cycle last week. Just 500mg Test Cyp/week. I'm a big guy, former football player, 6'7 320lb 20% BF and performed my first 2 injections this past week, 1 in each glute. It's been just under 4 days since the first injection and I'm still experiencing some achiness at the injection site. Given my size, is it possible that I may have not reached the muscle with my injection, and injected subcutaneously? I used 1.5 inch needles. Is there a way to determine if I'm reaching the desired depth, and if I did inadvertently inject subcutaneously, is that something to be worried about?

Thanks!
    A sub q shot isn't harmful but can be slow down absorption of the compound. If it was sub q there will be a small lump in most cases...

Being your first cycle you can expect some PIP. (post injection pain)

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First timer problems. It'll pass. If you're not getting into the muscle with 1.5" needles, you're way to fat to cycle, lol. I'm sure your not. I don't see how you can use 1.5", especially your first time. That would have deterred me from ever starting.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your full cycle layout?

No offence but are you sure 20% is correct?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Rockclimber is offline New Member
    You can feel the difference between fat and muscle as the needle goes in. With fat it goes through like butter once it hits the muscle it's harder to push through... also your first time pinning in muscle it feels like it's tearing on the way through even with a 23g needle. Unfortunately that is something you will learn with experience and has been said I doubt you injected subcutaneously with a 1.5 inch needle.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    if it feels like a mild charlie horse, its normal , assuming that is 2cc's of fluid you are putting in
    your muscle, something its not used to

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with most of the above

Probably just PIP, keep an eye on it and look out for a fever

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    What is your full cycle layout?

No offence but are you sure 20% is correct?
    This?

Thread Information