Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Female T3/Anavar cycle - T3 story + minimum effective anvar dosage

resist- is offline New Member

Female T3/Anavar cycle - T3 story + minimum effective anvar dosage

My GF just started her first T3 cycle. She has been training for 4 years. She got in very good shape in the first 2 years, but after that, she gained fat and couldn't lose it. She had been training hard, dieting hard (dealing with multiple food intolerances), and got no results.

At her best, she was 130lbs, but now her weight varies from 145-150lbs.

She decided to try T3 to help her get some more control. Her deadline is sept 25th, the day we'll be traveling to Cancun.

After some reading, we found out she had lots of hypothyroidism symptoms (no energy, no period, etc).

So we decided to take just 25mcg, to see how her body reacted.

Wow. It just feels like I got my girlfriend back.

She is much more energetic, has a lot more focus, and her period just restarted today. She also lost some weight, maybe 1-2 pounds considering her BW varies a lot from day to day.

So I guess he had hypothyroidism. She'll get checked up by the doc after our Cancun trip.

Now she is itching to up her dosage to 50mcg. So I got her some Anavar to prevent catabolism.

She's a little scared of the sides(mostly the voice). Therefore, her goal is to get the minimum anavar dosage to prevent catabolism.

Any woman got experiences with this ? Any tips or ideas ?

5mg/ed to 10mg/ed are common dose for women. T3 is a pretty powerful drug. Give it some time at .25mg/ed before your GF jumps to .5mg/ed.
    PT1982 likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    She needs to be off everything when she gets her bloodwork. No steroids or t3. Make sure that she's able to get help for her condition so that she'll actually know what needs to be done without guessing. As far as anavar to prevent catabolism, 2.5mgs would be more than enough. 1mg would be plenty if you can dose it that low. Just make sure she's off everything for a few weeks before her check up.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by resist- View Post
    After some reading, we found out she had lots of hypothyroidism symptoms (no energy, no period, etc).
    Did T3 also restore her period?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    5mg/ed to 10mg/ed are common dose for women. T3 is a pretty powerful drug. Give it some time at .25mg/ed before your GF jumps to .5mg/ed.
    It makes sense to be careful with her doses... She tried 50mcg one and had a lot of energy, but I'll tell her her to slowly ramp it up.

I guess I'll have to watch he closely. She was a candy raver in her late teens, and she seems to really like popping some pills. But she is much wiser now than she was, and she understands the risk/benefits ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    She needs to be off everything when she gets her bloodwork. No steroids or t3. Make sure that she's able to get help for her condition so that she'll actually know what needs to be done without guessing. As far as anavar to prevent catabolism, 2.5mgs would be more than enough. 1mg would be plenty if you can dose it that low. Just make sure she's off everything for a few weeks before her check up.
    I did not know such a low dose of anavar could work, thanks for the info. She got 10mg pills , so she will start at 2.5 mgs and see from there. Thanks for the tip.

it also makes sense to stop everything a few weeks before seeing her doctor. I'll keep that in mind. I hope she won't get a big shutdown, especially because of the T3.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Did T3 also restore her period?
    Yes she confirmed it today. In the last 3 years, she got her period about 5 times, always spaced by a few months. Now she got it after 1 week on 25mcg of T3.

Coincidence ? I think not.

Also, that was the first time a woman told me "I just got my period" with a big smile

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I suggest she joins the forums herself as she get's access to a female only section and there are some very knowledgeable members who can help out.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by resist- View Post
    Yes she confirmed it today. In the last 3 years, she got her period about 5 times, always spaced by a few months. Now she got it after 1 week on 25mcg of T3.

Coincidence ? I think not.

Also, that was the first time a woman told me "I just got my period" with a big smile
    That's indeed interesting and might suggest hypothyroidism was present if it normalizes. However, proper diagnosis would require a full thyroid panel while she's been off T3 for several weeks (like already advised by PT1982), and I 'm sorry to say this because I know myself how hard hypothyroidism is, but this can be done at any point in the future.

More is not always the better and this is much more the case with thyroid than with AAS, where physiological equilibrium should be seek instead.

Standard treatment is with T4, not T3, but optimal management is often to be achieved with a combination of the two, especially if she feels great on T3.

A full, proper thyroid panel would include TSH, FT4 and FT3. The 'F' stands for "free". You always need to pull the free quotas of thyroid hormones, never the totals (referred as "T3" and "T4"), and be wary of docs scripting for these, they are plainly useless.

The very first time only, I'd suggest to check thyroid antibodies for hashimotos thyroiditis (the most common etiology for hypothyroidism) - abTPO and abTG.

Thread Information