Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Crazy painful pumps!

  1. #1
    MTheoryFreak's Avatar
    MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Crazy painful pumps!

    I am 6 weeks into a 12 week test only blast. This is my first one. I am taking 500 of cyp broke up into 2 pins a week. I am taking .75 adex a week. Things are going great. My weight is way up and my lifts are all climbing every workout. However, I get a super tight painful lower back during squats and I experienced it tonight at Crossfit doing cleans. In between sets of squats I end up laying down to stretch it out. It doesn't feel injured just very pumped. I also tried to run for the first time since starting the other day and I didn't make it half a mile before I had to stop. My shins felt like they were going to explode. I don't think I will run again until I drop back down to my TRT dose. I am an experienced runner and have never had anything like this even when running over 10 miles. Very painful. It doesn't feel like a shin splint. Just feels like my anterior lower leg muscles are blowing up like balloons. Anyone experience crazy pumps like this? I guess I will just use the rower or stair climber for my cardio. I have started taking Taurine before I workout. Hoping it would help. It didn't at Crossfit today. I guess that is just part of it. Any advice or insight?

  2. #2
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MTheoryFreak View Post
    I am 6 weeks into a 12 week test only blast. This is my first one. I am taking 500 of cyp broke up into 2 pins a week. I am taking .75 adex a week. Things are going great. My weight is way up and my lifts are all climbing every workout. However, I get a super tight painful lower back during squats and I experienced it tonight at Crossfit doing cleans. In between sets of squats I end up laying down to stretch it out. It doesn't feel injured just very pumped. I also tried to run for the first time since starting the other day and I didn't make it half a mile before I had to stop. My shins felt like they were going to explode. I don't think I will run again until I drop back down to my TRT dose. I am an experienced runner and have never had anything like this even when running over 10 miles. Very painful. It doesn't feel like a shin splint. Just feels like my anterior lower leg muscles are blowing up like balloons. Anyone experience crazy pumps like this? I guess I will just use the rower or stair climber for my cardio. I have started taking Taurine before I workout. Hoping it would help. It didn't at Crossfit today. I guess that is just part of it. Any advice or insight?
    I am interested as well! I get over 500mg on test and I get a super tight painful pump in my crotch

    Yes though seriously I get pumps in my shoulders and calves that hurt.

  3. #3
    MTheoryFreak's Avatar
    MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I am interested as well! I get over 500mg on test and I get a super tight painful pump in my crotch

    Yes though seriously I get pumps in my shoulders and calves that hurt.
    Lol. Yeah. The 500 has definitely given me the crotch pump as well.�� Libido is through the roof.

  4. #4
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    get over 500mg on test and I get a super tight painful pump in my crotch

    Small wonder huh.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  5. #5
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Small wonder huh.
    You got the small part right.

  6. #6
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is online now Beach Bodybuilder - HOF
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    16,850
    Yes, I used to get that pain in the tibial is anterior when I tried running on gear. Don't do it, pick a zero impact cardio whilst you are on cycle.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  7. #7
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,333
    Blog Entries
    6
    I get that too, although not in my low back. Since I tore my erector muscle it partially balls up in my mid back. I usually have to stretch my hampstrings out and foam roll the spot.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  8. #8
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bumping this because I am not starting a new thread.

    My shoulders have been getting a sickening painful pump during my second bi and tri exercise lately. I had 8 execises lined out tonight and ran them Feroce style push pull alternating no break. By the third exercise it was interfering badly with my workout. Forearms and shoulders especially just get tighter and tighter until I feel they are gonna pop.

    Wtf is the cure for this?
    I did 6 exercises and abandoned my workout. I came upstair and flexed a couple times and it got worse so I laid in the floor moaning and cursing while rolling around which seemed to help greatly.

    If I elevate my arms over my head it settles down some but I must have my elbows resting on something. Its not a cramp its just a god awful tightness.

    Its almost as if the blood goes everywhere but the muscles I am working...

    Oh and the forearms get so tight I cant grip.
    Last edited by Obspowerstroke; 11-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.

  9. #9
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    994
    your can try supplementing with 1000mg of Taurine . Your probably shoulder and forearm dominant (possessing lots of ARs in those two areas), what type of gear you running at the moment ?

  10. #10
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your can try supplementing with 1000mg of Taurine . Your probably shoulder and forearm dominant (possessing lots of ARs in those two areas), what type of gear you running at the moment ?
    Tren with very light npp and test.
    Shoulders definitely grow faster than anything on my body. Just trying to find a way to prevent the counterproductive aspect.

    Shoulder day doesnt hurt my shoulders as much as bi and tri day.

  11. #11
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your can try supplementing with 1000mg of Taurine . Your probably shoulder and forearm dominant (possessing lots of ARs in those two areas), what type of gear you running at the moment ?
    Also.... Forearms aint that big but I have big hands genetically from my father and I was blessed with his iron grip.
    Last edited by Obspowerstroke; 11-13-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Big hands....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by MTheoryFreak View Post
    I am 6 weeks into a 12 week test only blast. This is my first one. I am taking 500 of cyp broke up into 2 pins a week. I am taking .75 adex a week. Things are going great. My weight is way up and my lifts are all climbing every workout. However, I get a super tight painful lower back during squats and I experienced it tonight at Crossfit doing cleans. In between sets of squats I end up laying down to stretch it out. It doesn't feel injured just very pumped. I also tried to run for the first time since starting the other day and I didn't make it half a mile before I had to stop. My shins felt like they were going to explode. I don't think I will run again until I drop back down to my TRT dose. I am an experienced runner and have never had anything like this even when running over 10 miles. Very painful. It doesn't feel like a shin splint. Just feels like my anterior lower leg muscles are blowing up like balloons. Anyone experience crazy pumps like this? I guess I will just use the rower or stair climber for my cardio. I have started taking Taurine before I workout. Hoping it would help. It didn't at Crossfit today. I guess that is just part of it. Any advice or insight?
    I've experienced painful pumps with Var but not with Test. My training partner gets painful lower back pumps. Hmmm...... this AAS seem to affect each person slightly different.

  13. #13
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    1,427
    Taking clen ? I always get back pumps from it

  14. #14
    MBaraso's Avatar
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,626
    Never got pumps like that from just test...eq and winny gave me painful pumps

  15. #15
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Climbed a grain tower to change belts on the hopper motor for a farmer. Pump was terrible when I got to the top. Then the tensioner bolts were stck as hell so I got a severe pump. I had to sit up top for 10 minutes befpre I could muster up enough grip to climb down. Wtf is going on with me? Light strain at high reps and I lose my arms to tightness....

  16. #16
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    994
    sounds dangerous , but us juice heads like to live on the edge nothing like an adrenaline rushing shoulder pump 40 feet in the air holding on for deer life huh.


    did you try a gram a day of Taurine see if that helps at all

  17. #17
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    sounds dangerous , but us juice heads like to live on the edge nothing like an adrenaline rushing shoulder pump 40 feet in the air holding on for deer life huh.


    did you try a gram a day of Taurine see if that helps at all
    I drink the hell out of red bull but havent taken it from powdered form. I need to.
    40 feet is more my liking once I get up to 100' shit starts moving and I dont like it. I am the crazy guy in town people call when they need crazy shit done.

    Is taurine powder any different from red bull method?

  18. #18
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Is taurine powder any different from red bull method?
    should be exact same and more then enough . sucks man, guys complain a hell of a lot over low back pumps, but shoulder pumps are a bitch

  19. #19
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    should be exact same and more then enough . sucks man, guys complain a hell of a lot over low back pumps, but shoulder pumps are a bitch
    Yeah it does suck. I may just need to come off a while. Been on for quite a while. Hopefully its a passing thing.

  20. #20
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Yeah it does suck. I may just need to come off a while. Been on for quite a while. Hopefully its a passing thing.
    you could always try going Keto for a week . hard to get a good pump at all when your on Keto (I'm not sure whats worse though. going no carbs or going no anabolics)

  21. #21
    Obspowerstroke's Avatar
    Obspowerstroke is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you could always try going Keto for a week . hard to get a good pump at all when your on Keto (I'm not sure whats worse though. going no carbs or going no anabolics)
    I need to try keto. I am fixing to implement slingshot training and cycling. Intend on coming down to trt dose for a couple months then hit it hard again with 8 week on and two week off cycles. Still studying but the concept seems solid. I figure thats my next level at this point. Chest and back tonight I will see how it goes.

    Do you think high RBC could cause an issue like this? I haven't donated in a while or ran bloods. Probably better do so as I have talked myself into it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •