gymcrazy24 is offline Junior Member

Dandilion Tea & Water Retention??

Someone said on here i should try Dandilion leaves to try and reduce some of the water retention showingh especially in my face. Im on a course of Test Prop, Prima & Trenbalone at the moment.

Managed to get hold of some Dandelion Tea, will this do the trick? How much should i have? I was thinking of boiling up quite a bit of it so its a concentrated liquid and taking a shot glass of it with each meal?

Im going to take some Aldactone for a week before i go on holiday to finish the water off but am hoping this will do quite a bit in the mean time.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't think it will help out enough or at all.... get some liquidex or nolva to help with the bloat.

im already on Tamoxifen (Nolvadex ) & Provaron. I'd rather use Aldactone instead of Liquidex, any suggestions on how or when to take it?

Did you run the nolva and Provaron at the begining of the cycle or when you started seeing the bloat?

I would use a aromitase inhibitor such as arimidex or anti-e's like nolva through the cycle instead of using aldactone to help with bloat. I think using aldactone (you can't stay on it too long) would be a temporary fix where if you run a anti-e or aromitase inhibitor aromitase inhibitor you would get beter results.

I never used aldactone.

Yeh ive been taking Nolva the whole course and Proviron as and when i can get my hands on it. I think im just vey prone to it showing in my face. my body looks fine.

Im going on holiday end of the month so was going to do aldactone for the week or 2 weeks before i go. I finish my cycle at the end of the month anyway. Will much of the water come back on once i stop the Aldactone then is that what your saying?

Hey just a thought, i went and bought loads of chicken breasts from cash & carry about a month ago and they taste really salty. Do you think it could be that not helping?

Yep. I don't know how much but it will come back because the bloat is from edema and when you stop using the diuretic you will bloat again. How much nolva are you running everyday? I use 20mg ED. Are you drinking enough water. 1.5 to 2 gallons a day would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by gymcrazy24
    Hey just a thought, i went and bought loads of chicken breasts from cash & carry about a month ago and they taste really salty. Do you think it could be that not helping?
    That could be it...... watch the sodium. You may have found your answer

Im taking 20mg of Nolva a day (1 tab). Im drinking about 1.5 Gallons of water a day mon - fri. cant seem to drink so much at the weekends.

Mayeb its the damn Chicken, they are really good quality breasts but maybe they've stuffed loads of sodium in to them? I better change to a diffrent type.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by gymcrazy24
    Someone said on here i should try Dandilion leaves to try and reduce some of the water retention showingh especially in my face. Im on a course of Test Prop, Prima & Trenbalone at the moment.

Managed to get hold of some Dandelion Tea, will this do the trick? How much should i have? I was thinking of boiling up quite a bit of it so its a concentrated liquid and taking a shot glass of it with each meal?

Im going to take some Aldactone for a week before i go on holiday to finish the water off but am hoping this will do quite a bit in the mean time.
    Go to the grocery store and buy fresh Dandelion in the produce section. You can eat the leaves and stalk. It's very bitter so mix it in with a salad. It works. Make sure you drink lots of water and you will piss out a ton.

demetri is offline Member
    Dandelion tea will help, so will green tea, fennel seed tea, either an ECA or NYC stack.

The effect of tea is temporary as your body will become used to the diuretic. Also I wouldn't use Aldactone 2 weeks before the trip. Start 3 days prior and maybe run it during your trip, but not too much.

You'll rebound big time too if you're already holding water. You can also try salt loading like Swolecat suggests in his T-Mag article. He's got some really good advice there.

I think though you're best bet is to keep drinking lots of water. I personally drink 8 litres a day (about 2 gallons) when I'm getting ready for a show. I find that I don't hold much water then even with the loads of salt I put on my eggs.

I'm surprised you're holding that much water though with Prop, Prima, and Tren . They generally don't cause too much bloat. You may want to stop the Prima, from what I understand it doesn't stack too well with Tren.

Demetri

Thanks for the tips bro. Think i'll try drinkning a bit more water and see what happens. Im up to about 6 litres a day so i'll see if i can do more.

I've just run out of Prima so i'll take your advise and just stick with Prop & Tren up to my holiday. Only got 3 weeks to go. Will do what you said and take Aldactone a few days before and while im away.

Any suggestion on how much or how often i should take it?

Its weird for me cos most of the water shows on my face and i really dont like it, the rest of me looks fine maybe im just being paranoid but a fewe people have said i look a bit bloated in the face.

I might as well have Dandilion Tea instead of coffee or tea in the day anyway, i dont mind the taste and from what ive heard it does quite a lot of good things to your body.

demetri is offline Member
    You'll want to keep the dose fairly low. It is a vacation and not a contest so there's no point in risking your health. How low? depends on what you take. If it's aldactone 2 x 25 mg a day should be fine.

.... or you could just pound some whiskey every night before bed

seter is offline New Member
    Aldactone
    Generic name: Spironolactone
    What are spironolactone tablets?
    SPIRONOLACTONE (AldactoneŽ) is a diuretic. Diuretics increase the amount of urine passed, which causes the body to lose water and salt. Spironolactone helps to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is not a cure. It also reduces the swelling and water retention caused by various medical conditions, such as heart, liver, or kidney disease. Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic. It does not make your body lose potassium, it can help patients who have a low blood potassium. Generic spironolactone tablets are available.
    What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?

Aldactone

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Might want to start your own thread bro, this one is about 5 years old...

And btw, welcome to the fourm!

Please be sure to read the rules and all the stickies we have before posting!

Again, welcome aboard!

Thread Information