madewithroids is offline New Member

Very sore glute after injection, need advice!

After my injection on Thursday, I injected it properly using alcohol swipes to keep the site .etc clean, I've noticed that my glute hurts very bad like could barely walk or move and the pain also went to my lower back, the area is warm to touch and feels a bit more firm when touched but I don't feel any lumps. I've also had a fever since yesterday so now I'm starting to get worried. This morning the pain is much better but I still have the fever. Any advice would be appreciated.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Typically injection site pain, inflammation, heat, and soreness is characteristic of underground lab produced AAS that have a high benzyl alcohol preparation. Often the muscles cannot be properly trained for several days. After 3-4 days should have no problems if this is the case. The fever is more worrisome and usually an indication of bacterial infection. If any puss is seen at the injection site, the fever becomes worse, or the problem persists after several days you have some type of infection and you should discard whatever product you bought and seek medical attention. You could also get bloodwork done to check for high leukocyte levels (white blood cells).

chab is offline Junior Member
    try to press the sore area where you injected with your finger, if a white finger mark stayed for few seconds then there is probably an abscess but u can't be sure if it is infected or not since your fever is maybe due to the AAS itself.
    If u have easy access to medical attention then go for it, but if it is difficult then try to stick a 22 G or 21 G needle after proper disinfection and aspirate and see what comes out.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yea, if you aspirate and get some blobs of junk (not sure how to explain it) you probably have a infection. This happened to my brother one time. Make sure you wipe off the top of the vial with a alcohol wipe, before and after drawing out

Thread Information