Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By friedbank
  • 1 Post By friedbank
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By friedbank

Thread: Is this the right stack for my goals?

friedbank is offline New Member

Question Is this the right stack for my goals?

I originally posted this in the women's hrt forum where i learned it was the wrong forum. So copy/ pasting here.

_________________ original:

Hi, I posted once before about Ipamorelin, cardarine, and ostarine. I've since obtained fragment 176-191.

As always, this is long and rambly.

ABOUT ME, the remix:

42, post-menopausal, Hashimotos since age 23, adrenal hyperplasia leading to high testosterone . The early meno, adrenal hyperplasia/high test are all directly related to the Hashimotos. The hyperplasia is usually congenital so could be the original culprit of my stupid endocrine calamity Jane.

Cortisol, insulin , etc are all normal.

I take 60mg Armour thyroid twice a day.

Metabolism is horrifically slow. I'm currently 40-50lbs overweight (I allowed this to happen to me while going through an unwanted divorce ... took too much solace in food and booze for about a year). But I'm not out of shape... resting HR in the 50s. I exercise nearly everyday, both endurance (not "cardio", but mountain biking, road cycling, running, etc) and HIIT (but not crossfit). I'm also pretty strong for a woman, always have been.

GOAL:

Lose the extra weight while increasing my fitness. The extra weight both impedes performance and slows recovery. My age plays a hand in this, too, I'm sure.

NUTRITION STRATEGY:

6 days a week on a high protein, high vegetable, low carb, low fat VLDC (500-700 calories/ day) to get the weight moving. With my metabolism regular dieting does not work and results in feeling demoralized. It used to work, but since going through meno it no longer does.

1 day of similar eating at 2000ish calories, including one cheat meal for sanity (I do enjoy going to the corner pub to have beer and watching the local pro soccer team).

Cycle this for 6 weeks followed by 3 weeks of 1500 calories/ day of high protein, medium good fats, low carb, lots of veggies. One cheat meal/week.

Continue until goal weight/composition reached. Followed by continuing the 1500 calorie diet described above but maybe with a little more from day-to-day, depending on nutritional needs/activity.

EXERCISE STRATEGY:

Keep doing what I've been doing.

HERE'S THE STACK (6 week cycle alongside VLCD):

Cardarine 20mg/ day -- for increased endurance during VLCD/aid weight loss

Ostarine 15mg/ day -- preserving current muscle mass/strength during VLCD

Ipamorelin 100mcg x 2/ day -- anti-aging, control hunger, promote fat loss and retain muscle mass on VLCD

Fragment 176-191 250 mcg x 2/ day -- synergy with iPamorelin.

QUESTIONS:

Does my strategy for diet and chems seem like a good plan for my goals?

I already have the stuff (prob shoulda consulted here first but it's done).

Anything I should change or add? Anything look DANGEROUS?

NOTE:

This might be the wrong forum for this but if not, if be happy to keep a log of progress in this thread for anyone interested. I'll be keeping one for myself, anyway.

Oooh, I shoulda mentioned...i was recently diagnosed with a melanoma. A surface spreading kind, caught early. I'll be doing checkups every 3 mos for a year.

I realize an increase in HGH might exacerbatea cancer growth, but it seems unlikely in this particular case.

Just fyi, for my log.

So, on Friday I received an unexpected package from my source. It was Hypertropin. I didn't order it. When I contacted them they said it was a mistake from their shipping department, that is their highest selling product so understandable that would happen, and told me to enjoy it and sent instructions on use.

So I guess I'll use it. I know there are a lot of fakes out there so I'll do a blood test at some point.

I can say that so far I've only dosed in the morning to gauge my reaction. The biggest thing I notice is I get really sweaty doing the slightest activity. I installed a wireless doorbell and was dripping with sweat. It was humid out but this was ridiculous sweating.

I got a BP monitor so I'll keep tabs. And keep hydrated.

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    edit
    Last edited by Quester; 07-03-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: double psts

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Perhaps the lack of responses is due to the complexity of your condition?

About the Cardarine & Ostarine, people are not to fond of it and suggest going with the real stuff. However, perhaps it is different for a female and shutdown probably isn't much of a worry for you.

Bets of luck reaching your goals!
    I imagine, a more knowledgeable member will provide a more helpful and detailed answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Perhaps the lack of responses is due to the complexity of your condition?

About the Cardarine & Ostarine, people are not to fond of it and suggest going with the real stuff. However, perhaps it is different for a female and shutdown probably isn't much of a worry for you.

Bets of luck reaching your goals!
    I imagine, a more knowledgeable member will provide a more helpful and detailed answer soon.
    Hey, thanks for responding.

I know... I'm a hot endocrine mess.

But ill treat this like a log and if I'm successful maybe it'll help someone. If I'm not, maybe it'll help someone.

With the ostarine and cardarine I wanted something a bit anabolic without being big hitters. Just something to offset eating so little.

We'll see, I guess.

Thanks, again.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by friedbank View Post
    ABOUT ME, the remix:

42, post-menopausal, Hashimotos since age 23, adrenal hyperplasia leading to high testosterone . The early meno, adrenal hyperplasia/high test are all directly related to the Hashimotos. The hyperplasia is usually congenital so could be the original culprit of my stupid endocrine calamity Jane.
    I have literally never heard of hashimoto leading to adrenal hyperplasia, have you ever been evaluated for CAH? There is also chance of adult-onset CAH.
    PT1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I have literally never heard of hashimoto leading to adrenal hyperplasia, have you ever been evaluated for CAH? There is also chance of adult-onset CAH.
    It seems weird to me, too.

What I do know is I was diagnosed with Hashimotos at 23, 21-hydroxylase deficiency (and resulting elevated testosterone ) around age 33-34, and then primary ovarian failure at age 41. Other than this and being pretty friggin overweight, I'm healthy. No diabetes, no insulin resistance, no hypertension, great cholesterol, lowish resting heart rate.

No doctor said it was related to Hashimotos. And the endo who diagnosed the 21-hydroxylase deficiency didn't about CAH or do further testing.

But, given the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroidal axis I just sort of thought it couldn't be a coincidence. When looking up studies on PubMed I can't find one that examined this axis dysfunction or function in Hashimotos.

I didn't start having serious problem with my metabolism impacting my QOL until I went through early meno.

Thanks four replying!
    hammerheart likes this.

LOG ENTRY

Yesterday was the start of the VLCD and the first day of both morning and evening dosing.

PERCEIVED IMPACT:

I was sweatier than normal doing mundane chores.

I slept GREAT.

I was super belly bloated by bedtime but I think that's due to the high amount of veggies and fiber I consumed in contrast to fats, proteins, and sugars. It was gone by this morning.

VITALS:

Before Bed BP & HR & O2 sat: 118/75 & 65 & 99%

Morning BP & HR: 111/75 & 71 % 98% (about 20 minutes after dosing)

DIET:

Yesterday's VLCD attached.

(I won't bother logging my exercise here because I'm not training for increased performance... If I notice it happening ill mention it)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Obv, here in the US it's July 4th. I'm sticking to my diet food wise but I will be having wine and sugar-free cocktails by my friends pool.

Wine: Predator Zin
    Cocktail: Vodka with homemade calorie free ruby red grapefruit soda (from my sodastream).

That ruby red is incredibly good and refreshing.

I'm cutting off the booze by 8. Gotta beer in bed by 11. Have a long day tomorrow.

Happy 4th, y'all! Belated Happy CanaDay to my neighbors to the north!

No...no gotta beer in bed, lol. My autocorrect had a Freudian slip.
    hammerheart likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I originally posted this in the women's hrt forum where i learned it was the wrong forum. So copy/ pasting here.

_________________ original:

Hi, I posted once before about Ipamorelin, cardarine, and ostarine. I've since obtained fragment 176-191.

As always, this is long and rambly.

ABOUT ME, the remix:

Cortisol, insulin , etc are all normal.

I take 60mg Armour thyroid twice a day.

Metabolism is horrifically slow. I'm currently 40-50lbs overweight (I allowed this to happen to me while going through an unwanted divorce ... took too much solace in food and booze for about a year). But I'm not out of shape... resting HR in the 50s. I exercise nearly everyday, both endurance (not "cardio", but mountain biking, road cycling, running, etc) and HIIT (but not crossfit). I'm also pretty strong for a woman, always have been.

GOAL:

Lose the extra weight while increasing my fitness. The extra weight both impedes performance and slows recovery. My age plays a hand in this, too, I'm sure.

NUTRITION STRATEGY:

6 days a week on a high protein, high vegetable, low carb, low fat VLDC (500-700 calories/ day) to get the weight moving. With my metabolism regular dieting does not work and results in feeling demoralized. It used to work, but since going through meno it no longer does.

1 day of similar eating at 2000ish calories, including one cheat meal for sanity (I do enjoy going to the corner pub to have beer and watching the local pro soccer team).

Cycle this for 6 weeks followed by 3 weeks of 1500 calories/ day of high protein, medium good fats, low carb, lots of veggies. One cheat meal/week.

Continue until goal weight/composition reached. Followed by continuing the 1500 calorie diet described above but maybe with a little more from day-to-day, depending on nutritional needs/activity.

EXERCISE STRATEGY:

Keep doing what I've been doing.

HERE'S THE STACK (6 week cycle alongside VLCD):

Cardarine 20mg/ day -- for increased endurance during VLCD/aid weight loss

Ostarine 15mg/ day -- preserving current muscle mass/strength during VLCD

Ipamorelin 100mcg x 2/ day -- anti-aging, control hunger, promote fat loss and retain muscle mass on VLCD

Fragment 176-191 250 mcg x 2/ day -- synergy with iPamorelin.

QUESTIONS:

Does my strategy for diet and chems seem like a good plan for my goals?

I already have the stuff (prob shoulda consulted here first but it's done).

Anything I should change or add? Anything look DANGEROUS?

NOTE:

This might be the wrong forum for this but if not, if be happy to keep a log of progress in this thread for anyone interested. I'll be keeping one for myself, anyway.
    You really need to add a ghrh to the ipam, and run it 3x daily or more. I think you're using a bit too much in terms of compounds, but I respect your playing it safe on what you're running and being moderate. Running a ghrp and a ghrh really is a must, as using ipam alone really is a waste. Not to mention that you're pinning so frequent, you'll want to maximize results. Ipam is one of the best GH analogues there is, so adding some cjc (ghrh) to it will yield 5x the results. I wouldn't even post if I wasn't for certain in telling you this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    All this smart talk makes me feel insignificant
    friedbank likes this.

It seems weird to me, too.

What I do know is I was diagnosed with Hashimotos at 23, 21-hydroxylase deficiency (and resulting elevated testosterone ) around age 33-34, and then primary ovarian failure at age 41. Other than this and being pretty friggin overweight, I'm healthy. No diabetes, no insulin resistance, no hypertension, great cholesterol, lowish resting heart rate.

No doctor said it was related to Hashimotos. And the endo who diagnosed the 21-hydroxylase deficiency didn't about CAH or do further testing.

But, given the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroidal axis I just sort of thought it couldn't be a coincidence. When looking up studies on PubMed I can't find one that examined this axis dysfunction or function in Hashimotos.

I didn't start having serious problem with my metabolism impacting my QOL until I went through early meno.

Thanks four replying!
    Noted.

No idea what your endo was thinking when diagnosing without testing, that's above my comprehension.

BTW, deficiences in adrenal hyperplasias are on a spectrum - enzyme activity, despite being lower than normal might still be enough to preserve some functioning, so each patient will have his own presentation and severity of symptoms. If your cortisol is normal and there aren't systemic, classical manifestations of the disease like hypotension, electrolyte disturbances and the sort then my guess is you can do fine without the standard treatment (other than HRT), that is, glucocorticoids (usually dexamethasone) to suppress ACTH. Your Testosterone will still be high but if that isn't giving you any issue then it's only a bonus, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    You really need to add a ghrh to the ipam, and run it 3x daily or more. I think you're using a bit too much in terms of compounds, but I respect your playing it safe on what you're running and being moderate. Running a ghrp and a ghrh really is a must, as using ipam alone really is a waste. Not to mention that you're pinning so frequent, you'll want to maximize results. Ipam is one of the best GH analogues there is, so adding some cjc (ghrh) to it will yield 5x the results. I wouldn't even post if I wasn't for certain in telling you this.
    We'll, I read that ghrh has a severely muted GH response in overweight women. Ghrp works better, according to the studies I read.

But... I've got actual GH, assuming it's real.

Given what I've got should I replace something with w a ghrp? As you said, I've already got a lot going on.

And which ghrp? I don't want to deal with added hunger...

Thanks!

Noted.

No idea what your endo was thinking when diagnosing without testing, that's above my comprehension.

BTW, deficiences in adrenal hyperplasias are on a spectrum - enzyme activity, despite being lower than normal might still be enough to preserve some functioning, so each patient will have his own presentation and severity of symptoms. If your cortisol is normal and there aren't systemic, classical manifestations of the disease like hypotension, electrolyte disturbances and the sort then my guess is you can do fine without the standard treatment (other than HRT), that is, glucocorticoids (usually dexamethasone) to suppress ACTH. Your Testosterone will still be high but if that isn't giving you any issue then it's only a bonus, imo.
    Honestly, I've not had good success finding an endo willing to actually treat me for anything other than the hypothyroidism. Its extremely frustrating.

My cortisol is normal, I'm not hypotensive or ever ran than way.

Right now the only Rxed HRT I'm on is the Armour, which works way better for me than the synthetics. My endo won't Rx anything else. "You're post meno, this is what happens, you'll get used to it". I worry doctor shopping will throw up red flags with insurance, etc.

And, yes, my ACTH is through the roof.

Obviously I'm here because my QOL is in the gutter.

Let me give any example of frustrating endo treatment.

TIME FOR OVER SHARING, FOLKS!

My last thorough thyroid panel and CBC and everything was last October. Here are the results that caused muy endo to lower my thyroid dosage. Reference range in ().

Total tridothyonine (T3) - 1 ng/mL. (0.8-2.0)

T7/TSH:
    TSH - <0.006 UIU/ML (0.450-4.500)
    THYROXINE (T4) - 3.5 UG/ML (4.5-12.0)
    T3 UPTAKE - 26% (24-39%)
    FREE THYROXINE INDEX - 0.9 (1.2-4.9)

For Hashimotos, my endo confirmed the 20 year old diagnosis by performing these tests:

Thyroid peroxidase AB - 73 (0-34)
    Thyroglobulin AB - 9.2 (0.0-0.9)

He also did an ultrasound and basically couldn't even find my thyroid. Its essentially gone.

And to round things off he tested my insulin and HUB A1C for metabolic syndrome and it was:

Insulin - 5.3UIU/ML (2.6-24.9)
    HUG A1C - 4.9% (4.6-5.6)

He was convinced that's what I have. He was wrong.

Technically my cortisol is normal but always on the high end in the past several tests.

And my progesterone was 0.2 ng/mL (3.3-22.5)
    Estradiol was low side of normal.

My HTC, HGB, and MCH are almost always just out of range on the high side. Same with my liver enzymes but with my AST:ALT always < 1.

AND I MUST CORRECT MYSELF: my ACTH is normal. I'm looking at the test results now. I'm not sure why I misremembered that. I think I confused it with FSH, which IS high as expected with early meno.

Anyway, as I said earlier, my endocrine system is a mess with heat applied to it, which makes it even messier.

(Oh, the 21-hydroxylase deficiency was diagnosed by a different endo and I don't have the exact test results...i just know he tested me for it and we had a discussion about the results and nothing else was done).

Why on hearth is he pulling Total T4 and T3, those have been subsided by Free T4/T3 since decades, free quotas of the thyroid hormones is what matters.

About the CAH, know that even if you are "fine" now w/o glucocorticoid replacement things might change with aging, could be five, ten or twenty years - the way you have been handled as a patient is disconcerting.

Why on hearth is he pulling Total T4 and T3, those have been subsided by Free T4/T3 since decades, free quotas of the thyroid hormones is what matters.

About the CAH, know that even if you are "fine" now w/o glucocorticoid replacement things might change with aging, could be five, ten or twenty years - the way you have been handled as a patient is disconcerting.
    Tell me about it. Its a major reason I'm trying to take things into my own hands, even though it's arguably foolish and risky.

I'm not looking to look like a figure competitor. I just want to be 140 again, which is this (5 year old photo):

Is this the right stack for my goals?-17october034_zps3debc7c0.jpg

And it's vey frustrating I'm failing when I know what to do and have been doing it.
    hammerheart likes this.

Given the approximately every decade my endocrine system has something else break I'm acutely aware. I just hope I can keep up.

*double post
    Last edited by friedbank; 07-05-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Double post

LOG ENTRY

BP/HR this morning - 111/70 & 62

DIET

I was super VLC yesterday. I was running the roads and had my melanoma removed (which means no exercise for a couple days to let the stitches set...Doc ran a running stitch so you pop one and you pop them all). I ended up only making myself one 250 calorie stir fry and eating only 75% of it. Not ideal. I aim for 700-750/day.

If you're curious here's the recipe. It actually makes a large volume for being so low cal:

Combine and set aside:
    2 tbsp coconut aminos (as a soy substitute)
    1 pkg Splenda
    1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    5 oz boiled chicken breast

In the skillet:
    1 pkg shirataki noodles w rice wine vinegar
    Cook on high until sizzles.

Add:
    8 small dried red chili pepper, crushed
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    2 diced green onions
    More coconut aminos to keep it from drying out (in place of oil)

Cook on medium high until becomes fragrant, stirring constantly.

While that's happening, in a small pot:
    1 tsp agar powder
    1 cup water

Bring to a boil, simmer 5 minutes, let sit until it gets thick

Add this to the stir fry.

Add:
    2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
    1 cup sliced onions
    1 sliced bell pepper (any color)
    The chicken and sauce mix
    Stir until well mixed.

Continue to cook on medium-low until sauce is thick.

Add 2 cups baby spinach, stir, cover until spinach shrinks up.

Take off heat, let sit 5 minutes, then enjoy!

GEAR

Took it in the morning, did not notice any symptoms, though was a low energy day

Took it in the evening (forgot to take my BP and HR).

I did have night sweats, something I haven't had since I went through meno. It wasn't as bad as the ones I got back then, but enough to wake me up and throw off the covers, then make me cold later, which woke me up again to cover back up.

My sleep wasn't as great as it was in previous nights but that's because I have 4 inch zipper up my back that made sleeping less comfy than normal.

That's all.

I won't do log entries every day, just a couple times a week.

I don't weigh myself because I've never liked that metric. But I do take measurements. I'll post those at the end of the first month on gear. I have my starting measurements.
    Last edited by friedbank; 07-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.

I was wondering if anyone thought I should be doing different gear? Goal is fat loss. I don't care, at this time, to add muscle. I would like to maintain strength and endurance. Especially considering I'm only eating 500-700 calories/day 6 days a week.

I mean, I know calories that low SHOULD lead to weight loss, but with my messed up endocrine system that is totally not a guarantee.

So yesterday and today (is only 930, though) I've been experiencing body aches, like when you get the flu. Milder but noticeable when I'm idle.

I'm not ill, though.

I don't knew whether to attribute it to my gear or my skin surgery. I started my gear just doing mornings as of last Thursday. And bumped it to morning and evening on Monday, so right now is day 5.5 of 2/day.

However, on Wednesday I got a big chunk of skin taken out of my back, resulting in a 5 inch stitched wound. The evening of the surgery my nerve endings were hella pissed and the area around the wound was undergoing a lot of involuntary twitching. That was gone by morning. Funnily enough, the stitches (2 layers) and wound don't hurt, but itch like a mf. A deep intense itching.

Anyway, I'm mentioning this because I'm have A Symptom, but like VAERS I'm reporting any symptom after injection and it could be related or not.

Ok, so I'm still achy as all get out. Especially in my hands. And ONE day off of the VLCD and I blow up with bloating and water retention like I've never experienced before.

Must be the Hypertropin.

Well, because of the aches I backed down to 2ui of the Hypertropin ED.

With all the fakes going around, this morning I'm taking a HIGH blood test. I took 10ui of the Hypertropin at 730a. I'll take the test around 10:30ish.

I'm also getting a complete thyroid panel done, since it's been 9 months since my last.

Ill post back with the results.

Welp, I got my test results. Looks like the 'Hypertropin' is bunk. I didn't do a baseline test for growth hormone so...

It looks like I might need to back off my armour thyroid a little since my free T3 is high. However, my T3/RT3 ratio is >0.2, which I read could be a thing.

Anyway, maybe I'll redo these tests in about 6 weeks.

Is this the right stack for my goals?-picsart_07-18-01.01.18.jpg

The high T3 would explain why my heart rate jacks up during vigorous exercise. I'm talking up to 180bpm.

Thread Information