Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: How to get the gear crystal clean?

ocenica is offline New Member

How to get the gear crystal clean?

Alright so I'm wondering how to get the gear crystal clean. I've got 2 different companies raws and I need to test it and get it clean, clean, clean.

I'm a bit obsessive about this cleanliness thing because on my last batch first pin I got an infection (cellulitis) and a previous batch before that I got an abcess about the 8th pin (4th week). Talking with the doctor was just as excruciating as the pain because I was honest and he was dumbfounded.

I'm doing something wrong and I'm trying to figure out what.

Here is my next process
    1. I have researched a website that sells raw test kits to determine if what I'm purchasing is legit goods.
    2. If the everything is what it says it is. I am going to make the goods according to instructions per 250mg (Test*E) ml
    3. At the end of filtering, I'm going to add 1% BA to the mix to ensure no bacteria (even after filter).
    4. Then I'm going to heat my vials to 250F for 45mins to double check all that.

After that I'm feeling like I might have cleared the gear so to speak for safety.
    Any other advice?

Nothing reused of course; everything fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ocenica View Post
    Alright so I'm wondering how to get the gear crystal clean. I've got 2 different companies raws and I need to test it and get it clean, clean, clean.

I'm a bit obsessive about this cleanliness thing because on my last batch first pin I got an infection (cellulitis) and a previous batch before that I got an abcess about the 8th pin (4th week). Talking with the doctor was just as excruciating as the pain because I was honest and he was dumbfounded.

I'm doing something wrong and I'm trying to figure out what.

Here is my next process
    1. I have researched a website that sells raw test kits to determine if what I'm purchasing is legit goods.
    2. If the everything is what it says it is. I am going to make the goods according to instructions per 250mg (Test*E) ml
    3. At the end of filtering, I'm going to add 1% BA to the mix to ensure no bacteria (even after filter).
    4. Then I'm going to heat my vials to 250F for 45mins to double check all that.

After that I'm feeling like I might have cleared the gear so to speak for safety.
    Any other advice?

Nothing reused of course; everything fresh.
    Those steps looks good. Make sure you use a .45um filter.

Cool, I can do that.

Is there any reason it's better or more preferable to a .22um filter?

Thanks

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I prefer the .22 myself but that's because I bought a bulk lot.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Just a thought, buy a large centrifuge and spin it.
    Always wanted to try it. After a 15 min run I cant picture any sediment. It should 100% settle to the bottom of the cartridges.

.22um is good too. I just have a heck of time filtering with .22um. I've blown out a few syringes. Go slow and you'll be fine.
    almostgone likes this.

This is a big help guys. I appreciate the responses.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    .22um is good too. I just have a heck of time filtering with .22um. I've blown out a few syringes. Go slow and you'll be fine.
    What Scotch said. Also, if you notice that it is noticeably slowing after 100ml or so and requiring more pressure, I would put a fresh filter on if you have plenty. They are relatively inexpensive and it will reduce the time it takes and the risk of losing some of your projects.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you didn't get an infection until.multiple pins into the cycle your aseptic techniques needs work. Baking the gear is pointless, just filter properly with a .20 micron filter. .45 isn't sufficient to remove all bacteria.

Scotchguard I know you have been doing this a long time, but you should change up to a .20 micron filter. Double filtering makes it easier. Run it through a .45.then the .20.

Thread Information