Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo

Thread: Treading carefully.

  1. #1
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233

    Treading carefully.

    Hi fellas,
    did my first cycle earlier this year,which consisted of 200 deca and 400 test.Fairly reasonable results,nothing spectacular.
    Decided to get bloodwork done,and now have the results.Unable to discuss it with my doc yet,but seeing her later this month.
    Everything appears to be in range,apart from 3.My Gamma GT is 88,where normal range is 0-70,my eGFR is 83,where
    normal range is 90-120,and my Red Cell Distribution Width is 17.9,where normal range is 12-15.
    I've had a look on the net,and it concerns my liver and kidney function apparently.It also said,the best way to get
    these figures,back in range,is to reduce alcohol consumption.Hmm that's fine,but i don't drink!
    The main reason,i wanted my bloods doing,was to find out what my natural test levels were.
    They've come back as 13.4,where the supposed range is given as 5.0-31.0.
    Again,i've looked on the net,and it seems (if i'm reading it right) i have the test levels of an 85-100 year old!

    Thoughts welcome.

  2. #2
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gainz Ville
    Posts
    10,371
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad the bad View Post
    Hi fellas,
    did my first cycle earlier this year,which consisted of 200 deca and 400 test.Fairly reasonable results,nothing spectacular.
    Decided to get bloodwork done,and now have the results.Unable to discuss it with my doc yet,but seeing her later this month.
    Everything appears to be in range,apart from 3.My Gamma GT is 88,where normal range is 0-70,my eGFR is 83,where
    normal range is 90-120,and my Red Cell Distribution Width is 17.9,where normal range is 12-15.
    I've had a look on the net,and it concerns my liver and kidney function apparently.It also said,the best way to get
    these figures,back in range,is to reduce alcohol consumption.Hmm that's fine,but i don't drink!
    The main reason,i wanted my bloods doing,was to find out what my natural test levels were.
    They've come back as 13.4,where the supposed range is given as 5.0-31.0.
    Again,i've looked on the net,and it seems (if i'm reading it right) i have the test levels of an 85-100 year old!

    Thoughts welcome.
    What oral drugs did you or are you taking. Test and Deca shouldn't have effected your liver or kidney values. Your hematocrit yes, but should be back to normal. When did you stop the cycle and did you do a PCT?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


  3. #3
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,934
    Are the units for testosterone nmol/l?
    Cuz likes this.

  4. #4
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    118 degrees north
    Posts
    4,677
    It's not uncommon for kidney function to be out of whack after taking aas, my GFR, BUN, and creatinine were all out of range when I was on test and deca although I threw in a tad bit of drol.

  5. #5
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What oral drugs did you or are you taking. Test and Deca shouldn't have effected your liver or kidney values. Your hematocrit yes, but should be back to normal. When did you stop the cycle and did you do a PCT?
    I take a soluble painkiller regularly,plus an anti depressant.I've heard the painkiller can be detrimental,if taken for
    long periods,so i'll speak to the doc to discuss this.
    I finished my cycle in April,and did the standard Clomephine-Tamoxifen pct.

  6. #6
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Are the units for testosterone nmol/l?
    They are indeed bud.

  7. #7
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    It's not uncommon for kidney function to be out of whack after taking aas, my GFR, BUN, and creatinine were all out of range when I was on test and deca although I threw in a tad bit of drol.
    Yeah,i was wondering if it was down to the cycle.
    My Creatinine was 83,and the range is 60-105,so that looks fine.

  8. #8
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    16,929
    Years ago I had a scare with my kidney levels. Everything was out of range. The gp sent me to a specialist. He looked at the numbers and looked at me. Then said the base line levels are for someone who is 165-180 lbs with mild physical activity. Me being over 220 at the time and lifting insane amount my numbers were ok and I shouldn't worry. I took him at his word and left.
    Nogbad the bad likes this.

  9. #9
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Years ago I had a scare with my kidney levels. Everything was out of range. The gp sent me to a specialist. He looked at the numbers and looked at me. Then said the base line levels are for someone who is 165-180 lbs with mild physical activity. Me being over 220 at the time and lifting insane amount my numbers were ok and I shouldn't worry. I took him at his word and left.
    Did they ever come back down or have they stayed in the 'elevated' state?

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    24,489
    Do you take NAC daily?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Do you take NAC daily?
    If that question was aimed at me Kel,no i don't take NAC.
    Only supplement i take is Omega 3.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •