• 1 Post By Ashop
  • 2 Post By Marcus G
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By Quester

Thread: Broke a rib. Now what?

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Broke a rib. Now what?

Besides lifting, Im a very experienced motocross rider. I took a spill a week ago and landed on my side. I knew my ribs were messed up but ignored it until today and got an xray. I have a #9 fracture. I was planning on starting my next cycle in the coming weeks but this throws a wrench in it. The doc basically told me not to lift at all but i dont want to lose the progress ive made. Ive already been lifting prior to the xray and was able to push through the discomfort but i dont want to go even further backwards. Now my question is, should i start the cycle sooner to speed up the healing? Or just go easy for a month and risk going catabolic?

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't think starting the cycle would be a good idea. You need to heal first, IMO
    Octaneforce likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why would you even consider starting the cycle at this point? You can't really think its going to heal you at a rapid rate. I'm not saying it won't, but if it did, it would be minimal. And you risk this month and go catabolic? Are you in a constant state of catabolism off cycle? Do you see why I'm asking these questions?
    Octaneforce likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Why would you even consider starting the cycle at this point? You can't really think its going to heal you at a rapid rate. I'm not saying it won't, but if it did, it would be minimal. And you risk this month and go catabolic? Are you in a constant state of catabolism off cycle? Do you see why I'm asking these questions?
    Ive never gone a month without lifting and dont want to lose gains. Hey i guess your right thats why im here. Im just frustrated looking for solutions but it looks like the only solution is time. Damnit lol
    Quester and PT1982 like this.

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Ive never gone a month without lifting and dont want to lose gains. Hey i guess your right thats why im here. Im just frustrated looking for solutions but it looks like the only solution is time. Damnit lol
    i just went two weeks, it sucks when youre sitting around wanting to go to the gym. but once you are back at it you really dont lose much tbh and you hve a new drive!
    Octaneforce likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well I don't have a PHD but I bet if your kid asked you that question you would give him a kick in the ass for being stupid! You don't make a living doing this so a lil common sense go's a long way bro.Heal up then make up wat you lost.
    Octaneforce, ryobi1 and PT1982 like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Besides lifting, Im a very experienced motocross rider. I took a spill a week ago and landed on my side. I knew my ribs were messed up but ignored it until today and got an xray. I have a #9 fracture. I was planning on starting my next cycle in the coming weeks but this throws a wrench in it. The doc basically told me not to lift at all but i dont want to lose the progress ive made. Ive already been lifting prior to the xray and was able to push through the discomfort but i dont want to go even further backwards. Now my question is, should i start the cycle sooner to speed up the healing? Or just go easy for a month and risk going catabolic?
    Let it recover and don't lift,,listen to your doctor. You want it to heal correctly and lifting could hinder that or even injure you further.
    Do light cardio and focus on your nutrition while your away from the gym healing up.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You won't loose as much muscle as you think. You need to let your body heal.
    PT1982 and Octaneforce like this.

I know the feeling man. I haven't been in the gym in almost 6 months! You want to talk about depressed.... I'm miserable. However, even though I have lost a little definition, I haven't lost any weight or muscle mass. What gets me through it is that I do believe in muscle memory. And in saying that, I am confident that I will not only get back to my normal stats, but break past them in a very short time. I know that with minimal AAS use and maximum effort that I will certainly get it all back in less than 2 or 3 months. I know this because of my work ethic. When I get that determination, I fight hard and make it happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I know the feeling man. I haven't been in the gym in almost 6 months! You want to talk about depressed.... I'm miserable. However, even though I have lost a little definition, I haven't lost any weight or muscle mass. What gets me through it is that I do believe in muscle memory. And in saying that, I am confident that I will not only get back to my normal stats, but break past them in a very short time. I know that with minimal AAS use and maximum effort that I will certainly get it all back in less than 2 or 3 months. I know this because of my work ethic. When I get that determination, I fight hard and make it happen.
    Thanks for the pep talk! Lol. thats great that you haven't lost gains. Im assuming your on trt? (Just from what ive seen in your other posts here). I was actually dabbling with the idea of cruising until im healed and can start a new cycle. But im not gonna do that. I REPEAT im not gonna do that. Lmao you guys really do give a shit on here. Sometimes us young guys need to be scolded.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your frustration, if you can manage some light/more focused work in the gym without slowing down recovery of your ribs then it could be manageable but the results wont be near as good as if you could go flat out.

Don't know your background, but if i was you id recover and blast once im good to go.. but then again im on TRT and would probably up the dose a tad

Your call man.
    Last edited by Eduke93; 08-15-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks for the pep talk! Lol. thats great that you haven't lost gains. Im assuming your on trt? (Just from what ive seen in your other posts here). I was actually dabbling with the idea of cruising until im healed and can start a new cycle. But im not gonna do that. I REPEAT im not gonna do that. Lmao you guys really do give a shit on here. Sometimes us young guys need to be scolded.
    I am a trt guy, but I took 6 weeks off to try to boost sterility before starting back last week. 125mgs weekly. It was rough, but I got through it.
    Quester likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PT,
    This is my plan as well. Did you get a fertility test after? How did you do it, just HCG , or did you do a PCT? I think the study incorporated just HCG but I wonder if that is partly because modern medicine is so conservative that they can't use all of the stuff that's available?

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    PT,
    This is my plan as well. Did you get a fertility test after? How did you do it, just HCG, or did you do a PCT? I think the study incorporated just HCG but I wonder if that is partly because modern medicine is so conservative that they can't use all of the stuff that's available?
    Well here's what I did and still doing. I came off test completely. Instead of doing a fertility test while I was off, I just waited 6 full weeks to make sure I was clear. Then I started hcg at 500ius eod and 75mgs of test p Monday and Thursday. I want to wait and see what my sperm count is while "on", as I feel that's going to be the most accurate reading. I am giving a sample in 2 weeks (which I dread more than anything) and go from there. If the count is low, I'm going to see what the Dr suggests. Of course I'll post his suggestions up here for everyone to see. But I'm using test prop in case I need to drop the test again so that it'll clear much faster.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks PT!
    PT1982 likes this.

Thread Information