Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TRA

Thread: IGF-1 Levels for age 31

NeedAdvice411 is offline New Member

IGF-1 Levels for age 31

So I'm on TRT and I have noticed a disturbing pattern in my IGF-1 blood work and want to know if I should be worried/alarmed. I have read that AI/Nolva/Caber all contribute to lowering IGF-1 and I am wondering if that is the reason for such a dramatic drop.

I take .25 Caber 2x a week while on cycle which is about 4-6 months a year. I take .5mg AI MWF to keep my E2 in check year round because for some reason I convert alot of E2. I have been taking 10mg Nolva ED for about 10+ months to help reverse some minor gyno (not visible) and to prevent any further/new gyno

on 4/13/2016 I got tested:
    Range: 84-313 Result: 293
    I was not on cycle, just regular TRT dose and not taking an AI/Nolva/Caber

12/19/2016 I got tested:
    Range: 72-231 Result: 120
    I was taking AI/Nolva/Caber

6/21/2017 I got tested:
    Range: 72-231 Result: 123
    I was taking AI/Nolva/Caber

If I stop taking the Nolva/Caber will my levels go up? Or is this permanent damage?

Also, are my levels really that low that I should be worried for my age? How big of an impact on muscle gain/fat loss is there going to be from my 1st test to my most recent results? Since I'm still a fair amount higher than being low range, am I overreacting?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by NeedAdvice411; 09-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are still within the normal range. Caber can decrease IGF-1, but the effect should stop when caber is discontinued. Adex has been shown in studies to actually increase IGF-1.
    Your level is within the normal range for your age, but not optimal for the benefits of an increased level (the reason many take GH).
    How far into cycle are you? I would definitely run with temporarily lower IGF-1 levels before I would run with the sides of tren /deca that caber prevents.

Here is a chart from Mayo for IGF-1 levels per age:

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.c...t.php?id=22910
    NeedAdvice411 likes this.

NeedAdvice411 is offline New Member
    Ok, I guess I am overreacting. I was just alarmed by such a huge drop from 293 to 123.

I take Anastrozole which is said to lower IGF-1. I might switch to Aromasin now though, I dont see a reason not to? Is there any big difference between switching from Anastrozole/Arimidex to Aromasin? And what would be the dose of Aromasin I should take in place of .5 of Anastrozole MWF?

I am not on cycle at the moment because I have a Doc appointment coming up and I dont want anything "fishy" showing up on my blood work. I take caber even off cycle sometimes because my Prolactin is naturally high and I like the added "benefits" of caber lol...but I am going to stop it now to see how it affects my IGF-1. How long will it take for my IGF-1 to bounce back from stopping/switching these 3 medications?
    Last edited by NeedAdvice411; 09-11-2017 at 05:11 PM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedAdvice411 View Post
    Ok, I guess I am overreacting. I was just alarmed by such a huge drop from 293 to 123.

I take Anastrozole which is said to lower IGF-1. I might switch to Aromasin now though, I dont see a reason not to? Is there any big difference between switching from Anastrozole/Arimidex to Aromasin? And what would be the dose of Aromasin I should take in place of .5 of Anastrozole MWF?

I am not on cycle at the moment because I have a Doc appointment coming up and I dont want anything "fishy" showing up on my blood work. I take caber even off cycle sometimes because my Prolactin is naturally high and I like the added "benefits" of caber lol...but I am going to stop it now to see how it affects my IGF-1. How long will it take for my IGF-1 to bounce back from stopping/switching these 3 medications?
    Anastrozole is the same thing as Arimidex, it is the generic/drug name. I have taken it and had sustained IGF-1 levels on it which then increased when I started a generic GH. I am not aware of it decreasing IGF-1 having only seen the study on the increases, and that was in a breast cancer study I believe.
    Are you checking your estrogen levels to make sure of your dosage? That seems a little high to me on TRT but we're all different. I only require .25mg twice a week to maintain good estrogen on TRT.

As far as time for IGF-1 levels to rebound, I cannot answer that but I would not imagine it would be a long time (maybe check in 4 wks after dc of caber). I would not hesitate to start caber again with tren /deca , though. Benefits far outweigh the IGF-1 level.

Again, maybe some vets like kelkel will weigh in on the caber issue.

Thread Information