• 4 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Sh0tsf1red

Thread: Steroids and depression

dieoxwithout is offline New Member

Steroids and depression

I used to have depression and jumped on TRT after my levels were under 200 (total t) and in a few months life changed. Started to wake up and no depressed mindset. I initially started at 200mg a week and than lowered to 180 per week which did for very well for me

Been getting blood work, managing my lipids and injections are now at lower, while typing this out I think I just figured out what might be going on

I switched to a new "UGL" that I have and this one is dosed higher. I believe if my math is correct than I've been injecting with 150mg a week for some time now and this might be causing it. Waiting on blood work and will see what is different between my normal 180 per week and if I'm at 150 now...

This UGL claims 250 per 1ml and I only dose at 150 a week if my math is correct... I'm going to have to bump it up

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome,

Please check out the link in my signature about depression, working out and how to not fall into that trap again.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

If you truly have low T then I would highly recommend going to a doctor and getting prescribed TRT.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    You HAVE to have a doctor for TRT...period. You need blood tests consistently for hemocrit and phlebotomy. You cannot do the tests at home. Get pharma prescription. If you are TRT for life you need to do it right.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

dieoxwithout is offline New Member
    The cost of going through a TRT doc is ridiclous and my doc told me that TRT doesn't effect blood work meanwhile my levels were high when I first started out and she tried to tell me that the test doesn't effect RBC, I know for a fact that isn't correct.. I went my own path and am doing this on my own, might start looking for another TRT doc or something, I'm just not sure right now

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dieoxwithout View Post
    The cost of going through a TRT doc is ridiclous and my doc told me that TRT doesn't effect blood work meanwhile my levels were high when I first started out and she tried to tell me that the test doesn't effect RBC, I know for a fact that isn't correct.. I went my own path and am doing this on my own, might start looking for another TRT doc or something, I'm just not sure right now
    Just go to a blood bank and donate regularly. They will give you you RBC before pulling your blood.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieoxwithout View Post
    Try Defy Medical. They do tele-medicine.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    You HAVE to have a doctor for TRT...period. You need blood tests consistently for hemocrit and phlebotomy. You cannot do the tests at home. Get pharma prescription. If you are TRT for life you need to do it right.
    Wish more people got this

Personally drives me crazy to see 'self diagnosed' TRT guys running UGL test and then wonder why they have issues

It took me done time of trial and error with my doc before I went the TRT route, been a few years now

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Wish more people got this

Personally drives me crazy to see 'self diagnosed' TRT guys running UGL test and then wonder why they have issues

It took me done time of trial and error with my doc before I went the TRT route, been a few years now
    Lol! Don't judge me.... I only self diagnosed because I hate pct!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Try Defy Medical. They do tele-medicine.
    How much are they a month roughly?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lol! Don't judge me.... I only self diagnosed because I hate pct!
    No judgements here friend, key difference is that I never see you complaining!
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information