Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: Training how often. ?

Jonbana is offline Member

Training how often. ?

We all been told you need rest to grow but on cycle I feel I need to force myself to take a rest day does anyone find train ing 6 or 7 days in a row negative?

I think most people do a 5 day single body part split with 2 rest days and repeat

Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Arms

I just find I can train more often but would it hurt

Chest back
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Arms
    Repeat

Resting only when needing it

Listen to your body. It'll let you know if you're over training. I normally train 90minutes/day, 6days/wk. If I feel tired, I don't go to the gym. If I feel flat, I train less. I know that there's a lot of science behind the amount of weights used, number of reps, HIIT, rest days, etc. etc. etc. For me, the bottom line is I plan to workout 6times/wk and I listen to my body on when I should have more rest. This probably isn't optimal but it works for me.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Listen to your body. It'll let you know if you're over training. I normally train 90minutes/day, 6days/wk. If I feel tired, I don't go to the gym. If I feel flat, I train less. I know that there's a lot of science behind the amount of weights used, number of reps, HIIT, rest days, etc. etc. etc. For me, the bottom line is I plan to workout 6times/wk and I listen to my body on when I should have more rest. This probably isn't optimal but it works for me.
    Everyone is different and I agree, listen to your body. I don't recover well If I train more than 4-5 x per week, optimal for me is 3-4. Remember you grow while your resting, not while your in the gym.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

Thread Information