• 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Muscle soreness and ibuprofen

pksc is offline Junior Member

Muscle soreness and ibuprofen

Hi guys,

After last incident I took 2 week rest and continue my cycle. Took 6 shots in total.

Everything is going fine now, i feel muscle pain for exact 3 days after taking shot, so to get rid of pain, i started taking ibuprofen 600mg, twice on first and second day and once on third day. Just want to ask is this dose safe? Will it make any side effects on health and cycle?

Cycle details:
    250mg test blend(sustanon ) per shot
    HCG , AI, NAC, Alb, keto

Sent from my G using Tapatalk

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    ibuprofen is not the best thing for your kidneys, nor muscle building (it has catabolic effects) , but if the pain is that bad you gotta do what you gotta do. that dose is fairly standard, but you may get by with half of that

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have to take ibuprofen at least take a small dosage. 600mg is a lot, if 200mg is not enough take 400.

Make sure you inject deep in muscle, full needle in, 1.25 inch minimum for glutes. And also that you aspirate before injecting.
    Obs and Sh0tsf1red like this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Beware ibuprofen at high dosages is more liver toxic than a course of oral AAS but 600mg daily is fine short term.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    As biz said its not good for your liver. You are taking NAC which is good. I have taken ibuprophen for years on and off again as it seems to lose effect rather quickly. Keep dosages as light as you can. You should be fine.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pksc View Post
    Hi guys,

After last incident I took 2 week rest and continue my cycle. Took 6 shots in total.

Everything is going fine now, i feel muscle pain for exact 3 days after taking shot, so to get rid of pain, i started taking ibuprofen 600mg, twice on first and second day and once on third day. Just want to ask is this dose safe? Will it make any side effects on health and cycle?

Cycle details:
    250mg test blend(sustanon ) per shot
    HCG , AI, NAC, Alb, keto

800 mg of IBP 3 times a day is the max anyone can take safely. If you had to take off 2 weeks of working out why did you continue your cycle? You are 21 and it is not good to do AAS at your age but this aside, you should have started your PCT and saved your gear when you are healthy and can workout. IMHO
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    800 mg of IBP 3 times a day is the max anyone can take safely. If you had to take off 2 weeks of working out why did you continue your cycle? You are 21 and it is not good to do AAS at your age but this aside, you should have started your PCT and saved your gear when you are healthy and can workout. IMHO
    Jesus! Another 21 year old! Wtf is going on here!?

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Jesus! Another 21 year old! Wtf is going on here!?
    Well have nothing to say on this except " It always comes with a price and it depends on your situation and time whether you can afford it or not". My situation make me to take this step. And believe me, those peoples have nothing to say, I ain't hear any sound these days when I pass in front of them. I ain't want muscles, what I want is called "Self Respect", and this thing really give me the same.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Every once in awhile treating yourself with Ibuprofen is fine but using it often or daily can be a bad idea.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a First Sergeant who took 1600mg with his coffee in the morning and repeated it throughout the day. He would brag about it to all of the younger Marines and anyone else who had to listen to him. He went on medical leave, a year later, and we never heard from him after that.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I had a First Sergeant who took 1600mg with his coffee in the morning and repeated it throughout the day. He would brag about it to all of the younger Marines and anyone else who had to listen to him. He went on medical leave, a year later, and we never heard from him after that.
    Sounds like a TOP until he got his BP checked or had a cardiac issue.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    That's a lot of Ibuprofen and likely caught up with him over time.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    While having Dengue earlier in the year I was taking 1800mg of Ibuprofen ED for 7-days. Not fun but it helped with the massive pain. I was taking 2400mg of NAC with that daily.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    First, if you need pain reliever for injections something is wrong. Either BA level too high, you are adverse to the carrier oil, or some way you are having a dirty injection point.

Second, the primary side of using ibuprofen is long term use and GI tract irritation (takes years to manifest to a level of issue).

If you are using UGL your ability to troubleshoot the issue is limited. Maybe try injecting a different muscle group and see if the issue continues so you can narrow it to the injected substance or not.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    i had a first sergeant who took 1600mg with his coffee in the morning and repeated it throughout the day. He would brag about it to all of the younger marines and anyone else who had to listen to him. He went on medical leave, a year later, and we never heard from him after that.

0311 oef oif

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Short term nsaid use has actually been shown in the literature to enhance muscle recover. However anything more than 2-3 weeks of constant usage will actually impair muscle recovery and growth. The mechanism is thought to be cutting the normal inflammatory processes that need to occur in the muscle so it can repair. It’s seems in the short term, this helps but in the long term it has the reverse effect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23013520/
    marcus300 and GearHeaded like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    While having Dengue earlier in the year I was taking 1800mg of Ibuprofen ED for 7-days. Not fun but it helped with the massive pain. I was taking 2400mg of NAC with that daily.
    the thing is NAC or any other liver aid is not going to do anything for your Kidney health. and Ibuprofen is NOT hepa-toxic, its kidney toxic . whereas paid meds like acetaminophen are liver toxic.

Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs inhibit prostaglandins , and that can cause a problem because prostaglandins dilate blood vessels leading to the kidneys. Inhibiting prostaglandins may lead to kidney ischemia (dead tissue from decreased blood flow) and thus acute kidney injury.

so again guys , with NSAID's like Ibuprofen , its the Kidneys that are the issue , NOT the liver , but with pain killers that contains acetaminophen its the Liver
    tarmyg and MuscleScience like this.

Hi guys,

Thanks for you reply.
    I had already reduced my dose to 600mg per day(300mg twice) from the day I started this thread. now have totally stopped the use of ibuprofen until i get pain, and good news is I am not feeling any kind of pain from yesterday after taking injection.

I think it was happening because i have never took any kind of oil injection in my life.

Thread Information