Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Opinions on this study on AAS

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Tell this to all BB's who are alive and in perfect health over 50, after a decade of AAS ( responsable ) use.

And, tell this to every juicer who didn't make it out of his 40's

Like I said - no argument here, at all

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    And, tell this to every juicer who didn't make it out of his 40's

Like I said - no argument here, at all
    Yes, just a big minority. So just opinion but not statistics.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Cool

I see two kinds of people that seem to make up the bulk of the poulation.

The first is a bare minimal group. They work to get paid to pay their bills. They have exercise equipment in their garage collecting dust or a gym membership they used twice after new years. They aren't bad by any means and wouldn't do illegal things knowingly. They drive to the store at the speed limit and drag their feet most places. Most of them don't have the motivation to exercise let alone eat a decent diet. They are relatively satisfied with their lives and have pretty good lives, sometimes very long lives, sometimes shorter due to illness or God knows what. They don't take risks unless they are left no choice.

The second group is highly motivated and work to create something better. They are not satisfied and constantly push for better. They haul ass everywhere they go and speed walk across a store to whatever they need. They can't stand that someone would be better at their job than them so they push hard. They eat to achieve their goals whether health or growth or fat control is the primary target. Hey generally live a higher stress life and damn sure aren't as satisfied as group one. Group two even includes some crazy mofos that order illegal shit to enhance themselves because they see self betterment as a top priority. These people use risk assessment to decide what risks they will take and often do take risks.
    Group two is less common by far.

Just my opinion but it seems to me both groups run risks without realizing it.

I honestly have no idea who from which group would live longest on average. A person who eats sensibly, exercises in moderation, and lives a moderate lifestyle is probably gonna live longer on average.

I don't think any bodybuilders fall into group one. Some of them are indeed healthy but we are a wound for sound demographic. I don't consider myself superior to group one in any way and most of both groups will probably outlive my dumb ass. I do know that I would lose my mf'in mind trying to fit into group one.

9-5 bitching about overtime.
    2.4 kids and a minivan on payments.
    Never stepping out to risk something.
    Doing only what I must.
    Never seeing what I could be.
    Never testing myself.
    Staying comfortable.

I will always be group two and a bit extreme for that group.

I do appreciate the study Slacker78

The kind of guy that has the motivation to eat every meal for the purpose of achieving a goal, lifts to failure every day, orders illegal substances and injects them to enhance performance...

That dude sounds like a ticking time bomb.
    It's not always the case but these guys probably run greater risks than AAS.
    Last edited by Obs; 11-24-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Slacker78 and Chicagotarsier like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Tell this to all BB's who are alive and in perfect health over 50, after a decade of AAS ( responsable ) use.
    Be careful slacker- are you saying 50 is old?
    LOL. Respect your elders. LOL
    I agree with a lot that has been said. Any bodybuilder does not follow the “safe” rules. I compete and quickly found out that time off is not the same for BB. When you are preparing for an event and something goes wrong, you try patching it to make it to the competition. This is not advice that anyone on here would or should give but it is reality.
    As you go up in age problems that you have never suffered start cropping up. You cannot just outright ignore this. Some do because it is more important to win the competition. . It is really difficult to abort a cycle that you need just before the competition after one year of training for this event.
    With this being said, the more responsible ones get regular bw and will patch the problem until off cycle and then will analyze if it was the cycle or the body is changing.
    There is a risk factor taking AAS for everyone. This factor increases for those that compete. The key to all of this is to be monitoring your levels and taking action as something comes out of whack.
    Obs and Slacker78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

The first is a bare minimal group. They work to get paid to pay their bills. They have exercise equipment in their garage collecting dust or a gym membership they used twice after new years. They aren't bad by any means and wouldn't do illegal things knowingly. They drive to the store at the speed limit and drag their feet most places. Most of them don't have the motivation to exercise let alone eat a decent diet. They are relatively satisfied with their lives and have pretty good lives, sometimes very long lives, sometimes shorter due to illness or God knows what. They don't take risks unless they are left no choice.

The second group is highly motivated and work to create something better. They are not satisfied and constantly push for better. They haul ass everywhere they go and speed walk across a store to whatever they need. They can't stand that someone would be better at their job than them so they push hard. They eat to achieve their goals whether health or growth or fat control is the primary target. Hey generally live a higher stress life and damn sure aren't as satisfied as group one. Group two even includes some crazy mofos that order illegal shit to enhance themselves because they see self betterment as a top priority. These people use risk assessment to decide what risks they will take and often do take risks.

I honestly have no idea who from which group would live longest on average. A person who eats sensibly, exercises in moderation, and lives a moderate lifestyle is probably gonna live longer on average.

I don't think any bodybuilders fall into group one. Some of them are indeed healthy but we are a wound for sound demographic. I don't consider myself superior to group one in any way and most of both groups will probably outlive my dumb ass. I do know that I would lose my mf'in mind trying to fit into group one.

Doing only what I must.
    Never testing myself.
    Staying comfortable.

The kind of guy that has the motivation to eat every meal for the purpose of achieving a goal, lifts to failure every day, orders illegal substances and injects them to enhance performance...

Agree with you we are all falling one step from group two in every case, i think the same as you.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Be careful slacker- are you saying 50 is old?
    LOL. Respect your elders. LOL
    I agree with a lot that has been said. Any bodybuilder does not follow the “safe” rules. I compete and quickly found out that time off is not the same for BB. When you are preparing for an event and something goes wrong, you try patching it to make it to the competition. This is not advice that anyone on here would or should give but it is reality.
    As you go up in age problems that you have never suffered start cropping up. You cannot just outright ignore this. Some do because it is more important to win the competition. . It is really difficult to abort a cycle that you need just before the competition after one year of training for this event.
    With this being said, the more responsible ones get regular bw and will patch the problem until off cycle and then will analyze if it was the cycle or the body is changing.
    There is a risk factor taking AAS for everyone. This factor increases for those that compete. The key to all of this is to be monitoring your levels and taking action as something comes out of whack.
    No Charger69 i'm saying that most AAS users found in these kind of studies, are at 50 as they were at 80, related to damages caused by AAS

50 is life !
    charger69 likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

Doing only what I must.
    Never testing myself.
    Staying comfortable.

Well said, homeslice - I just wouldn't type all that up

But, it really sums it up - but, the groups have a top and bottom scale. I'm def on the juicer end - but, I'm not pushing to the max - not now at least. . . But, I'm def not as content as an average "Joe Schmo"
    Obs likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Lipid profiles are a dated way to determine cardiovascular risk, especially cholesterol. It’s pretty much been debunked that moderately high cholesterol causes heart disease.

On the contrary, hypogonadism has been shown to be a MAJOR risk factor for cardiovascular disease and it very apparent in the scientific literature. With AAS usage there is only a weak scientific link to CVD. So if it’s very apparent in low T situation and very hard to find in AAS users vs normal populations. Then which is the bigger risk factor?
    Google how the current ranges for cholesterol testing were determined. Big Pharma and a load of cash to a group of medical big mouths. Statins became a trillion dollar industry overnight.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information