Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Grappler13
  • 1 Post By bethdoth

Thread: Has anyone here ever cycled a very low dosage?

Divan is offline New Member

Has anyone here ever cycled a very low dosage?

Anyone here ever done a test cycle with a low dosage. I'm talking 250mg a week or less. How was your expireence?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That would be just above upper end TRT for most guys. If I had good natty free T levels, I feel it wouldn't be worth shutting down my own natural T levels for that.
    If I didn't have a good natural level of free T, I would investigate and find out why before throwing another variable into the equation.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Bump it to at least 400mg.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    a low dose on occasion is fine for a guy on TRT (eg., throw in 300mg of Tren A for 6 weeks) , but otherwise its not really worth the HPTA shut down for other guys , might as well get the most out of each cycle if your risking shut down
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I have run test at both 250mg/wk and even 125mg/wk for weeks on end. I found I could maintain the same sex drive and any muscle mass on these low doses. For gaining mass and strength would recommend higher dosages for sure.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Has anyone here ever cycled a very low dosage?

Quote Originally Posted by Divan View Post
    Anyone here ever done a test cycle with a low dosage. I'm talking 250mg a week or less. How was your expireence?
    I cruise at 200mg of test and have high-normal test levels (800-1200). Sometimes I throw in some nandrolone and now I'm blasting a gram and a half a week.... If your estrogen and prolactin and lipids and BP look good, why not run higher test on cruise? Good stuff!

Edit: I would never "cycle" at anything under 500mg of test a week. It's just not worth getting shut down for less imo. Cycle 500mg minimum a week. No need to go too much higher but shut down is shut down. Trt takes the questions out of this and gives you a lot of freedom to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grappler13; 12-03-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    Obs likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I've always had decent results with a 'less is more' approach, I am also on dr prescribed TRT protocol.

I like to start low, see how I tolerate everything, and maybe consider bump up for the next cycle. Even a few cycles in, I am still 'low dosing' as some would say. But for me, it works. My body fat stays around 8% and I keep my gains. Been good so far!

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I've always had decent results with a 'less is more' approach, I am also on dr prescribed TRT protocol.

I like to start low, see how I tolerate everything, and maybe consider bump up for the next cycle. Even a few cycles in, I am still 'low dosing' as some would say. But for me, it works. My body fat stays around 8% and I keep my gains. Been good so far!
    yes you will make good gains on 200 mg/wk but it is not worth the shutdown. im on trt and it helps a lot but wouldnt waste shutting yourself down for just a slight advantage.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    I have done as little as 200mg/ew and tbh I had about half the gains I would normally expect from 4-500mg/ew, same with libido, slow going too. If you are happy with smaller gains then why not

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am on HRT and normally do 140mg test cyp a week. This keeps my total test at about 600.The key is I feel good at this level and maintain my weight and muscle. Keep in mind I will be 57 in July and we may have different goals. I also go with the less is better approach. Twice a year I will run one cycle to build and one to cut. When I want to cut or build I increase my test to 200mg a week and do Tren A at 50mg EOD for 8 weeks. This is a low dose of both but it works for me with just a little diet tweak! But, like I said we may have different goals.
    almostgone likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    yes you will make good gains on 200 mg/wk but it is not worth the shutdown. im on trt and it helps a lot but wouldnt waste shutting yourself down for just a slight advantage.
    Guy I am TRT for life, there is no such thing as shut down for me. I have a medical need for it, if you have a medical need for it too then you will also be on for life.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    My first cycle was 200mg test cyp from pharmacy for 10 weeks. Got a little muscle and lost it soon after pct because I didn’t know how to eat. I would run 600 if I could do it over( and eat more)

Thread Information