Thread: Blood test

Threepwood is offline New Member

Blood test

Hi Guys,

So I want to get my bloods done before I start my first cycle. Now, before I look in to getting it done privately, I want to ask my doctor first but I'm here in England and not sure if he will give me a blood test if i just ask for one and to be honest, I don't really want to pay a lot of money with Christmas around the corner but I will if I have to.

Do any of you have any good excuses to tell him in order for him to check my bloods or shall I just tell him straight, "I'm starting my first cycle and I want my bloods tested first?"

What tests do I need done?

Aplogies in advanced if this is a stupid question.

Many thanks.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I am not in England so I am not sure how your health care works. I would just go in for a checkup and request a full blood panel. Ask him for the whole lot done, thyroid, test, cholesterol, estrogen, PSA, etc. Here they will let you do that once a year without any quesitons asked. You can always say that there is a family history of throid issues, high cholesterol and testicular cancer or whatever you can think of. Or your dating a nurse, doctor, etc that said you should have this done once a year.

Not a stupid question at all. Most people do not know how to talk to doctors. We do a shit job of teaching health in our education system.

Threepwood is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I am not in England so I am not sure how your health care works. I would just go in for a checkup and request a full blood panel. Ask him for the whole lot done, thyroid, test, cholesterol, estrogen, PSA, etc. Here they will let you do that once a year without any quesitons asked. You can always say that there is a family history of throid issues, high cholesterol and testicular cancer or whatever you can think of. Or your dating a nurse, doctor, etc that said you should have this done once a year.

Not a stupid question at all. Most people do not know how to talk to doctors. We do a shit job of teaching health in our education system.

Thank you David . Have a good rest of the evening!

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just say preventative measures. I know in Europe that they are big on preventative measures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information