lcsniper is offline New Member

Test for Depression --- Mods, Vets and Experienced

I have suffered from low grade depression and anxiety for years. I have tried anti-depressants with no real results. Test has been the only thing that has ever helped me. I am now debating a 100 to 200 mg/wk enanthate cycle indefinately becuase it has been the only thing that has worked and i feel like i am out of options. Please let me know what i should consider and if this is even something that could work long-term. Thanks

LC

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Low test levels can often cause depression. Go to an endocrinologist specializing in hormone Replacement Therapy or anti-aging and get tested. If you are truly low then you should be able to get a script for it and have regular medical check ups.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Thats how I ended up getting my Rx!

D

lcsniper is offline New Member
    I've already seen a endocrinologist and my test levels are not low...

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Low test levels can often cause depression
    rickson knows his shit ... I just read an article on this not 10 minutes ago and that was one point brought up .... the link between depression and low test.

However, IMO, I wouldn't say test IS "the" or "a" cause of depression .. if you research you'll find that depression is "a mood disorder caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, triggered by stressful environmental and/or social situations."

The brain is believed to increase the serotonin levels (your relaxing brain chemical) while producing less dopamine (your happy brain chemical). This is the brains defense mechanism to prevent "overload".

Now low test levels may be a byproduct of the brains activity while in a depressive state .... I really haven't read enough to form an educated opinion but in most cases it does seem to correlate, depressed people tend to be over weight, sleep too much or not enough, have a lack of sexual interest (hence low test levels) etc. etc.

There are different types of depression and I hope you've sought the help from a professional, if not you should!

There are ways to increase your dopamine levels without using SSRI's and MAOI medications. PM me if you have any questions!
    Last edited by OverDrive; 07-11-2003 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information