Thread: syringe filter

steroidwonder is offline New Member

syringe filter

I was having serious pip and flu. after cutting the oil, it's good fine.

the problem is in this part of region, it's difficult to get sterile oil straight from website so i have to make my own oil.

Here is 2 problem.

I was using 3ml syringe one time, all was taken up the filter and when i tried refill it by unplugging the syringe from the filter. the gel leak out from the filter, is it due to pressure built in the syringe filter??

Then, i used 20ml syringe, i push it through to get 5ml lol coz the oil leak from the plunge back lol.

Is there anyway i could do it better than this.

Many thnaks.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Did you pull backwards through the filter? Some filters aren't supported on the supply/syringe side of the membrane and if you pull oil up through the filter into the syringe, the membrane will deteriorate.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

steroidwonder is offline New Member
    Sorry for the late reply...

No i didn't pull back. I just unplug it from filter. But like is it supposed to work unplugging the syringe and refill it with oil?
    If it works, then i will just try it out a couple of time, e.g. less pressure on plunge and etc...

coz somehow i don't see i could manage to use 20ml syringe without oil leaking from back by pressing it hard to get the oil through the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by steroidwonder View Post
    I was having serious pip and flu. after cutting the oil, it's good fine.

the problem is in this part of region, it's difficult to get sterile oil straight from website so i have to make my own oil.

Here is 2 problem.

I was using 3ml syringe one time, all was taken up the filter and when i tried refill it by unplugging the syringe from the filter. the gel leak out from the filter, is it due to pressure built in the syringe filter??

Then, i used 20ml syringe, i push it through to get 5ml lol coz the oil leak from the plunge back lol.

Is there anyway i could do it better than this.

Many thnaks.
    You want to get a syringe with the smallest plunger diameter that will hold the oil you want. Since pressure = force / area, smaller the area the greater the pressure. With a 20cc syringe the plunger has a large surface area so force you have to exert on it is very high. The plunger seal around the syringe isn't good enough to prevent the oil from leaking out the back end. I use 3cc syringe and do the best I can. It helps to heat the oil before you filter it. It also depends on the size of the filtration holes. Filtering oil is just messy and hard no matter which way you slice it. If you do a lot of filtering you can get a vacuum filter. It's costly but a lot easier to filter a lot of oil.

Thread Information