Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Dosing and bodyweight/size

Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Dosing and bodyweight/size

I posted a question along these lines a few months ago and didn’t seem to get much as far as a definitive answer, but at 6’7 300+ lbs, do I need to take higher doses of orals to achieve the same potency effect of an average sized user that takes these “standard” doses? Most other medication doses are adjusted to accommodate a larger size, so would the same apply to oral winstrol , and even aromatase inhibitors?

I would say yes.
    More body weight equals a larger volume of blood.
    More blood means a higher dose of a medication to reach the desired concentration level.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    In some cases I know people react different to the amount of medication they take even if they are the same size depending on how their body breaks down and absorbs the medication.

I personally have to take larger doses of certain medications to get the proper results.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Blood work will really be the only answer to your question. Everyone has a different reaction to AAS or other medication. Some meds are dosed on a mg per kg while other meds are not.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Agree with David. Its going to depend on how your body metabolizes the compound, independent of your weight. you may respond really well to 400mg of test whereas someone half your size may need 800mg

while there are many factors that will affect a medications interaction in the body....
    I whole-heartedly believe that the larger the individual, the larger the dose needed.

If two people metabolize a compound with the same efficiency, a 300lb man is going to require a larger dose than a 150lb man.

Hell, that if half the reason we say to grow into your dose.

Thus one 300lb man might need more medication tan another 300lb man but....
    Most 300lb men would require more medication than most 150lb men.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 12-19-2017 at 06:44 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    a 150 pound man could be genetically gifted with twice the amount of androgen receptors as the 300 pound man and could therefore put to use more AAS even though he is half the size .

also someone that is 300 pounds but is 40% body fat isn't going to metabolize the hormones very well at all , he's got a shit ton of aromatase enzyme and would therefore be better off with a much lower dose
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 12-19-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    a 150 pound man could be genetically gifted with twice the amount of androgen receptors as the 300 pound man and could therefore put to use more AAS even though he is half the size .

also someone that is 300 pounds but is 40% body fat isn't going to metabolize the hormones very well at all , he's got a shit ton of aromatase enzyme and would therefore be better off with a much lower dose
    ok....
    let's try this again....

all other things being equal....
    a larger man is going to require a larger dose.

it's really not even a question.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    ok....
    let's try this again....

all other things being equal....
    a larger man is going to require a larger dose.

it's really not even a question.
    I am sticking to bloodwork. Size is just one factor. Logic would suggest that yes larger the person the larger the dose but that is not how medicine works. Why doctors will always titrate up based on bloodwork. A 300 lbs man with 10% body fat will be different that a 300 lbs man with 50% body fat. You also have to factor in tolerance. Some are more tolorerace to differnt compounds. Some people are just more sensitive to certian drugs/compunds than other people.
    GearHeaded likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I am sticking to bloodwork. Size is just one factor. Logic would suggest that yes larger the person the larger the dose but that is not how medicine works. Why doctors will always titrate up based on bloodwork. A 300 lbs man with 10% body fat will be different that a 300 lbs man with 50% body fat. You also have to factor in tolerance. Some are more tolorerace to differnt compounds. Some people are just more sensitive to certian drugs/compunds than other people.
    He is not denying that, and if you have a large enough sample size you will have an equal amount of heavy people with both low and high sensitivity and equal amount of light people with high and low sensitivity, and the larger individuals will on average require more, for every drug that concentration is what triggers a particular response.

All good arguments. If a 200lb man takes 50mg/ed of Anavar and get good results then a 300lb man would need 75mg/ed of Anavar, right? Well, I just don't think it's that simple. I would start with 60mg/ed and see how I feel/look after a couple of weeks. Orals act fast so you can make adjustments mid-cycle.

sumpm1 is offline New Member
    Your body composition is a big factor. If you are 300lbs pretty solid, and you have juiced to get there, I'd expect higher necessary dosages. But if you are 300lbs with a ton of fat, I probably wouldn't even recommend cycling until the BF level was down. And if it is a new compound you are trying, I wouldn't just assume a high starting dose.

Thread Information