Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4irishmen

Thread: If someone has depresseion, is jumping on a test e cycle a good or bad idea?

larry100 is offline New Member

If someone has depresseion, is jumping on a test e cycle a good or bad idea?

I've always wanted to jump on test e, but the only thing that worries me is that it will worsen my depression.

However, I have read that test e is good at enhancing your mood and that depression is also a result of low testosterone ? Anyone here who is depressed and has jumped on? Did it improve, worsen your depression or had no effect

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    No at age 22 jumping on a test cycle would not be a good idea. I have depression but I am also on TRT due to my age. Go get your bloodwork done. Talk to your doctor about drugs like an SSRI. If you do a test cycle, you might feel better in the short term but your depression will come back at PCT and after and it will be a LOT worse.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larry100 View Post
    I've always wanted to jump on test e, but the only thing that worries me is that it will worsen my depression.

However, I have read that test e is good at enhancing your mood and that depression is also a result of low testosterone? Anyone here who is depressed and has jumped on? Did it improve, worsen your depression or had no effect
    My guess is it will make it 10x harder to come off, so it's better not to start imo.

Low T can indeed affect mood, but TRT is the way to go in that case not cycling. However it's impossible to predict response, it's individual, and there are many factors that can hinder TRT from working, like retarded dosing protocol so many docs still prescribe.

wrecks72 is offline New Member
    Blood work will tell you if low testosterone is possibly causing the depression. In my case this rang true. Trt has saved my life. For me the zoloft I was prescribed for depression was not the answer. Blood work and a great general practitioner led me to trt. Best of luck.
    My point is get blood work done NO matter what before you decide anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Talk to your doctor about drugs like an SSRI.
    That can kill one's sex life though, even irreversibly. Horrible kind of drug IMO.

larry100 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the answers guys. I did ask my doctor for advice, he recommended some antidepressants which did nothing but made me gain weight.
    Also tried SSRI, Sam-e, and lots of other stuff with no help

I might check and see what my test levels are like. I have some low test symptoms such as depression, fatigue and irritability, but Im also really strong, have a deep voice, aggression and insane sex drive which suggests high test. I have no clue really, will get test works done

Depression is a really tricky thing. There are a number of areas in the brain that can cause a chemical imbalance and they're all labeled as "depression". There are also a number of drugs that tackle different areas of the brain. Almost all docs make their best guess and prescribe drugs. They're experimenting until you feel better. I've only seen a couple of psychiatrists that actually scan the brain to monitor abnormal activity and prescribe drugs specifically to address that specific area of the brain. As for Test affecting depression? I am on depression medication and also been on Test for a long time. I feel great and feel on top of the world.

4irishmen is offline New Member
    You have recieved some great information in this thread. I didn't see your age, but 22 yrs old was mentioned. Those suggestions are spot on. I'm old (57) and anxiety & depression have been issues for sometime. They said it was due to chronic pain. Gave me psych meds. I insisted it's not my thoughts it's a "feeling". Could be a lot of things. Adrenal glands as one example. Insurance kicks in soon and will pursue resolution. I have cut my meds by over 50% through use of many natural resources. L-theane, 5HTP, tyrosine and kratom for example. It's a big issue that YOU have to do the research on. You really should stay away from the meds unless it's last result. I've been misdiagnosed for a decade. A lot of lazy Dr's, that just want to write Rx. Advocate for yourself !! I wish you success.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    ScotchGuard02 likes this.

^^^ Wise words from a man with experience.

Thread Information