latman49 is offline Member

Possible Infection???

I shot .5cc Fina in each bi yesterday morning and today, the injection site on my left bi looks and feels exactly like a wasp sting. It is red and puffy about 1.5 inches all around the pin hole and itches just like an insect sting. Is it infected and will some hydrocortisone cream make this go away?

Mastiff is offline Member
    If its infected hydrocortizone cream won't help. It reduces swelling but won't do anything for an infection. The problem with using an antibiotic cream is that you can't get under the skin with it. If it is infected you need antibiotics. I don't know if its infected, but I'd see the doc in case it is. Ask him to keep the conversation off the charts. Otherwise, go to a doc who doesn't know you and pay cash.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Did you swab with alcohol? Hydocortisone should work with the stinging and itch...try icing it down. Check back with us tomorrow and let us know how it feels.

Aragorn

Yeah, I swabbed before and after sticking. This has never happend before until now. I'll ice it and put some hydrocortisone on it tonight and if it isn't better in a day or two, I'll have it checked out. I just don't want to have to see a doc about it, I don't like anyone knowing about my AS usage.

You probably know this already, but if you see little red lines spreading out from it, don't wait, see a doc immediately.

No red lines, just pink and puffy like a bee or wasp sting. I took a benadryl and put some triple antibiotic ointment on it. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah I'd go with antihistamines, maybe an allergic reaction

Be careful though bro, like Mastiff said, watch out for those red lines spreading, my mother got the red lines traveling up her arms from a cut on her finger and when she finally went to the hospital they told her if she had waited another day she probably would have died.

en1222 is offline Member
    For an infection you are all talking about with the red lines will taking anti-botics help? If so which ones? Just Curious.

Just curious, if you get the red lines, don't wait, see a doctor. Self medicating could wind up killing you. Antibiotics could help, but we are not doctors. Different antibiotics work on different bacteria. You need the right antibiotic, not guesswork.

It looks better today. The puffiness is gone and it is not as red as yesterday. It is still pink and itchy but no red lines or anything else that looks bad. I will give it a day or two more with the benadryl and the triple antibiotic ointment to see if it goes away.

en1222 is offline Member
    Originally posted by Mastiff
    Just curious, if you get the red lines, don't wait, see a doctor. Self medicating could wind up killing you. Antibiotics could help, but we are not doctors. Different antibiotics work on different bacteria. You need the right antibiotic, not guesswork.
    Thanks Hopefully it never happens to me though

Real good, Latman. Hopefully it'll heal without any further problems.

rvelez is offline New Member

itchy

Hey guys I have a similar problem,

I took a shot of Cytahoh SUST 250mg about a week ago in the Rear delt area. The next day I could not lift my arm hardly. I was in Pain, the area was red and warm to the touch, seemed swollen. I got a little nervouse being that it was the first time I took a shot. I bloew it off. Its been about 5 days and the swelling has gone down and redness has also gone away but the area feels alittle ichty i dont see any bumps or anything what soever. Has anyone exp this? Thanks

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rvelez
    Hey guys I have a similar problem,

I took a shot of Cytahoh SUST 250mg about a week ago in the Rear delt area. The next day I could not lift my arm hardly. I was in Pain, the area was red and warm to the touch, seemed swollen. I got a little nervouse being that it was the first time I took a shot. I bloew it off. Its been about 5 days and the swelling has gone down and redness has also gone away but the area feels alittle ichty i dont see any bumps or anything what soever. Has anyone exp this? Thanks
    No stealing threads put this in your own thread so people read to it and reply.

Thread Information