OverDrive is offline Associate Member

My poor liver!!!

Just got my blood work back from the lab .... liver values are all really high

AST-86
    ALT-164

I started taking milk thistle 1000mg a day last week (on week 2-1/2 of my cycle) ... should I throw in ALA? Drink more water?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Those are pretty high bro, definately a cause for concern. You need to grab some tylers or Liv 52.

Are you still on the dbol ?

Also, did you have your GGT level checked?

Overdrive, I will say this. AST(ranges10-41) and ALT(ranges2-60) while are levels of liver enzymes, they really cannot be indicative of liver damage unless your CK(creatine kinase) and GGT(glutamyltransferase) are compred to them. The AST and ALT levels can also be indicators of tissue damage(or muscle breakdown)

While yours are at a level of concern, panic is not warranted at this point. As BB, it is not uncommon for those levels to be slightly elevated, and no one test is indicative of a chronic problem.

My advise is to get your GGT levels and CK levels checked and have them evaluated by your doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Overdrive, I will say this. AST(ranges10-41) and ALT(ranges2-60) while are levels of liver enzymes, they really cannot be indicative of liver damage unless your CK(creatine kinase) and GGT(glutamyltransferase) are compred to them. The AST and ALT levels can also be indicators of tissue damage(or muscle breakdown)

While yours are at a level of concern, panic is not warranted at this point. As BB, it is not uncommon for those levels to be slightly elevated, and no one test is indicative of a chronic problem.

My advise is to get your GGT levels and CK levels checked and have them evaluated by your doc.
    Thanks for the advice ... my last Dbol is on the 24th of this month so I still have a week and a half. I just started taking milk thisle so I hope that helps.

I'll have to ask my doc about CK & GGT levels ..he's out of town til Friday, his asst. called me with the results today .. she was concerned but until I hear it from my buddy I'm not sweatin it.

Shouldn't liver values return to normal after the Dbol? Prior to today I've read a lot about the livers ability to restore itself, so I'm assuming all will be back to norm in a few weeks?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrive
    Thanks for the advice ... my last Dbol is on the 24th of this month so I still have a week and a half. I just started taking milk thisle so I hope that helps.

I'll have to ask my doc about CK & GGT levels ..he's out of town til Friday, his asst. called me with the results today .. she was concerned but until I hear it from my buddy I'm not sweatin it.

Shouldn't liver values return to normal after the Dbol? Prior to today I've read a lot about the livers ability to restore itself, so I'm assuming all will be back to norm in a few weeks?!?!?

Theirs not a doubt in my mind that your ALT and AST levels will decrease once dbol is discontinued, how much is not knowable.

If your GGT levels are normal, and your CK levels are eleveated, then tissue damage/muscle breakdown is the likely culprit. GGT is a more liver specific reading while AST and ALT are a more generalized reading of liver hepatoxcity

I will suggest to get some Tylers liver detox or Liv 52 to run alond side milk thistle. They are primary options for optimum liver protection while ALA and milk thistle are the "back up" so to speak.

getting ready to order Tylers right now ... whats the recommended daily dosage? from chem.muscle's iron store it just says '120 caps' no dosage info.
    Last edited by OverDrive; 07-14-2003 at 12:58 PM.

Hello,
    I recommend You stay away from class II oral steroids for the fllowing reasons 1. They get procesed 2/3, the rest wastes away in your liver. 2. They bind poorly in your system.. 3. They are no match to the pure high quality that injectables oil based - roids have to offer
    Regards,
    Beast

peaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Musclebuilding Beast
    Hello,
    I recommend You stay away from class II oral steroids for the fllowing reasons 1. They get procesed 2/3, the rest wastes away in your liver. 2. They bind poorly in your system.. 3. They are no match to the pure high quality that injectables oil based - roids have to offer
    Regards,
    Beast
    he is only using them to jump start his cycle. he should be sweet once the dbol is done and done.

peaker

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peaker
    he is only using them to jump start his cycle. he should be sweet once the dbol is done and done.

peaker
    not necessarily bro.......his elevated levels show a little more than just minor damage, and as pheedno said, if his ggt and ck levels are out of whack, then i would assume more than the 17aa's are to blame.

while its true that stopping the dbols will help, i would have everything checked again 2-3 weeks after its stopped. if they dont show a marked improvement, then something else is to blame.

O.D.
    load up on the tylers or liv52 bro...its some of the best stuff out there.

peace I4L

peaker is offline Senior Member
    my bad iron i didnt realize how high they actually are.

peaker

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Ditch the dbol and the milk thistle.

Get some Tylers 3 caps BID (6 total) and 600mg rALA.

well I'm not drinking while I'm on the cycle, so besides my injectables these are my daily orals.

first thing in the AM:
    2 Hydroxycut caps

mid morning:
    500mg of Tyrosine, 50mg P5P (B6)

Noon:
    15mg Dbol

late afternoon:
    15mg Dbol

before bed:
    200mg Celebrex

popa is offline Senior Member
    I was on accutane(80mg) and anadrol 's at 100mg ed, was also takeing 600mg r-ala, 1000mg milk thristle. I get my liver checked every month and the doc told me everything looks fine. He doesn't know that im on AS. Liver protectants do wonders

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    BB has a good point..........

i forgot all about the r-ala. thats some good stuff too.
    i would also recommend ditching the milk thistle. theres too much stuff out there thats a hell of a lot better.

peaker,
    not a big deal bro.........

peace I4L

racer_inboston is offline Junior Member
    well guys, on 5th week of my wiiny 50mg ed -60mg ed primo cycle
    got bloodwork, doc says liver values are up the roof!
    ggt levels are 269 as of last week, gonna go back to have blood work done again....
    where do i get the tylers or liv52 or r-ala? i always used milk thislte only...

Thread Information