Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Depression/anxiety from gear use

Will using low androgens have less of an affect on depression/anxiety?

PS. anyone having problems relating to this issue please contact me.

Thanx,
    Cole

still growin is offline Member
    You mean on or post cycle?

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    usually these disorders are present beforehand and steroids sets them off or makes them a little less transparent...they are possible while on but you are especially susceptable to them in the off time, your size and strength will notably drop (for most), your homrone levels will be fluctuating very harshly(and unfortunately when you mess with the endrocrine it not only affects the hpta but affects the endrocrine system as a whole), etc...hope this helps a bit

still growin.. i meant on cycle

dj.. thanx for the DHT article

Peace,
    Cole

tfgbkk is offline New Member
    I suffer from anixiety/panic attacks and recently had a severe one which I believe could have been triggered by the test. It was only my 2nd inject of testoviron 250 and my 4th of deca so my blood levels should have been low. I did a 3cc mixture of test+deca and the next day i had the attack. I had previously been running var for 6 weeks without any problems. I am treating with Xanax now which is working great. I am still not sure if the cause is from the androgenic or anabolic side...but guessing it may be the anabolic.

no prob, i had lots more in my profile but they got lost when the site went down and i havn't been able to find some of them, ill get em back soon enough

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    I believe almost all deppression matters are a created by the user not the anabolic . I think the most important thing to do is to try to clear your head. Remember you can only make your condition worse. I think the hormone change in your body may have some effect on the situtation, but it is mostly maifested by yourself.......Just take deep breaths and try not to think soo hard and extensivly on unimportant matters and matters that you know will cause your deppression to take a turn for the downward. Be cool bro.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Originally posted by Buschlightcan
    I believe almost all deppression matters are a created by the user not the anabolic. I think the most important thing to do is to try to clear your head. Remember you can only make your condition worse. I think the hormone change in your body may have some effect on the situtation, but it is mostly maifested by yourself.......Just take deep breaths and try not to think soo hard and extensivly on unimportant matters and matters that you know will cause your deppression to take a turn for the downward. Be cool bro.
    Amen to that Bro....Stay focused and positive.
    My head allways gets fucked up while on, sometimes I tell myself that it is not worth it. But there i go again. I am allways battleing depresion while on, last winters bulker, my folkes were going througha divorce, that did not help matters at all.... Just be cool Cole Trickle(remember, you have extra sticky tires.)

tfgbkk, do u use any any other psychotropic meds besides Xanax?
    i ask cuz Xanax wont treat the underlying problem.. i use Xanax sometimes, but Zoloft is my base anti-depressant.. i believe it's the "high-androgens" that gives anxiety in certain ppl

bigtraps, thanx for the positive pep-talk bro

Peace,
    Cole

Xanax has been doing the trick for me for some time. I am not using any other meds for depression since that is not an issue. Of late I have been doing a lot of research into panic attacks/steroid use since they suck big time!! What I am wondering is what is the trigger? Is it the water retention/electrolyte imbalance which messses the heart rate up or like you said the "high-androgens". Do ancillary drugs like Clomid, Proviron , etc help/hurt? At this point I am postponing all intake of roids until i can solve this riddle.

hammerhead is offline Member
    High androgens typically produce euphoria rather than depression. The elevated testosterone levels have a positive effect on the adrenergic system - serotonin and epinephrine levels improve. It's coming off of them that people typically suffer from depression. A pre-existing state of depression or bipolar disorder can be magnified by AAS. I'm not sure what effect they have on panic disorder or OCD.

Depression is not "in your mind." If you truly suffer from depression or OCD or bipolar it's due to a chemical imbalance in your brain. Trying to control it with "positive thinking" is mental masturbation and will fail. It's easy for normal people to picture those people as weak or confused but it's very dangerous for the sufferers to do so as well. Thank God we don't drill holes in peoples heads any more as treatment. We actually do know what causes depression and we actually do have drugs that treat it as a disease and not as a weakness.

If you want to study the effects of AAS on depression and mood look into the HPA (hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis). Your adrenergic system gets out of whack on AAS - high levels of cortisone can cause problems with blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, blood sugar levels and the electrolyte balance. And also the levels of dopamine, serotinin and nor-epinephrine thereby mood. There is a bunch of studies going on right now to develop a new class of anti-depressants that work by stimulating the adrenergic system the same way AAS do!

babi is offline Associate Member
    reccently i have had alittle condition while on fina that i sruggle with my breathing and my heart seems to beat rapidly but test show that it beats normal.do you guys think i have anxiety?also my b/p is high.

Originally posted by hammerhead
    High androgens typically produce euphoria rather than depression. The elevated testosterone levels have a positive effect on the adrenergic system - serotonin and epinephrine levels improve. It's coming off of them that people typically suffer from depression. A pre-existing state of depression or bipolar disorder can be magnified by AAS. I'm not sure what effect they have on panic disorder or OCD.

Depression is not "in your mind." If you truly suffer from depression or OCD or bipolar it's due to a chemical imbalance in your brain. Trying to control it with "positive thinking" is mental masturbation and will fail. It's easy for normal people to picture those people as weak or confused but it's very dangerous for the sufferers to do so as well. Thank God we don't drill holes in peoples heads any more as treatment. We actually do know what causes depression and we actually do have drugs that treat it as a disease and not as a weakness.

If you want to study the effects of AAS on depression and mood look into the HPA (hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis). Your adrenergic system gets out of whack on AAS - high levels of cortisone can cause problems with blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, blood sugar levels and the electrolyte balance. And also the levels of dopamine, serotinin and nor-epinephrine thereby mood. There is a bunch of studies going on right now to develop a new class of anti-depressants that work by stimulating the adrenergic system the same way AAS do!
    agreed, all the positive thinking in the world does not solve these problems, half the time they are subconcious or supersubconscious to the point where you couldn't try to focus on them if you wanted...

Hammerhead, thanx for sharing that info man

Babi, as soon as u start feelin nervous for no reason, go see a doctor & if he recommends a psychiatrist, do it.. a lot of ppl think psychiatrists r only for crazy ppl.. but thats not true.. actually ppl r crazy if they dont get the help they need.. the science & treatment r out there for all of us to use

Cole

Perhaps primo would be the safest steroid to use in this case?

Another thought is to run short 2-4 week cycles and use low-moderate doses of short half-life drugs...to minimize the negative side effects while on and provide quicker recovery of normal body chemistry after. You may sacrifice huge gains, but you maintain your health and you can safely run many of these cycles and over time get quality gains. I know this philosophy runs counter to 90% of the ppl on this board.

babi is offline Associate Member
    how long will it take for a healthy young adult male to get hpta back to normal off a three week cycle?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    usually these disorders are present beforehand and steroids sets them off or makes them a little less transparent...they are possible while on but you are especially susceptable to them in the off time, your size and strength will notably drop (for most), your homrone levels will be fluctuating very harshly(and unfortunately when you mess with the endrocrine it not only affects the hpta but affects the endrocrine system as a whole), etc...hope this helps a bit

Exactly! Could not be put any better =\

tfg.. that is my exact idea also.. i will have to rely more on genetics/food/supplements ..u read my mind

king-scan is offline Junior Member
    i did some research and found that that the extra dopamine in the brain during a cycle can cause feelings like anxiety/psychoses...

King-scan, you're right.. dopamine can cause manic behavior.. thanx for the input bro..

lets keep this post runnin' so we can help ourselves w/ anxiety/depression

Peace,
    Cole

vile0ner is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
    lets keep this post runnin' so we can help ourselves w/ anxiety/depression

Peace,
    Cole
    http://www.psychosissucks.ca

Stress is a major factor in any anxiety/depression.

bump.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i read an article the other day that said steroids can cause more activity in the brains reward system causing self confidence and higher self-esteem. not sure if this is true, but something to think about.

Slypknot is offline Member
    What an amazing post...This is something I have been battling since my first cycle almost a yr ago. I had researched so much and was really looking to the euphoric effects most users experienced while on. However for me it seems to be the opposite. I get VERY moody, depressed, lazy, and quick to feel 'hurt' when someone messes with me about the dumbest things.

One problem I've noticed is the almost undetectable change in personality that occurs. If it was something fast I'd easily catch it and realize it was the juice. But this stuff works very slow... 4-5 weeks after starting is when the changes start to occur with my emotions. 6-8 weeks in is when the depression really hits and I'm constantly trying to just keep in mind that it's only the cycle.

Another odd thing was the last time I ran through clomid therapy I did NOT experience the usual depression others reported. I knew my size and strength would shrink and just held on to the fact that one day I'd run another one. I continued training but less intensely, and just kinda used it as a true 'time off' to let my body regroup. It was kinda nice not having soreness, pumps, sweats, etc....so who knows.

Guess it's the same old thing of AAS affects each user differently so it's best to start slow and with a single AS and see how your body handles it.

Thread Information