aznkcco is offline Female Member

Var - Back Pain on Low Dose - Female

Moving this this thread to general section since the female forum is dead.

Little background on me. I'm a 45 year old female, 4'11" 125# xfitter and lifter..no comps. I'm also a type 1 diabetic since age 5. I use an endo team to help manage my condition and have found lifting is a huge benefit to reducing insulin needs. My endo is totally onboard with my cycles as long as we discuss upfront, plan, and react. I run a Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor to track glose 24/7 and do quarterly labs.

Here's my issue...Just started my 3rd cycle of Var. I've never had issues before, but for some reason I'm getting the dreaded paralyzing back pain I see discussed regularly. I also get bicep pumps when drying my hair...lol...not kidding. Normally I would drop the dosage, but there lies my problem. Because of my small frame I always split initial dose 2.5mg AM/PM and build to 5mg/5mg on week 3. Well I never made it to week 2. I dropped back to a PM does of 2.5mg following my 5pm workout to reset and lengthen the time between dose and next PM workout. So far it make its manageable but Im still having issues on sqats/DL. I've added 3G taurine, potassium, extra stretching, and drink 1G of water a day.

If I am stuck at 2.5mg daily is it even worth it. I am optimistic that bc of my size it may be. What alternatives are out there since this is the low end of the anabolic spectrum. Thoughts guys?
    Last edited by aznkcco; 08-06-2018 at 07:14 PM.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    I can't imagine it would be worth it. What dosages did you run last time, for how long, and how satisfied were you with your gains.
    I didn't realize back pain was a thing with var. I'm your size (weight, but a hair taller) and ran 25mg/day without side effects and got great results so it's hard for me to imagine running 2.5mg or 5 mg/day and it doing anything

Same here..never heard of it until I googled it. Tons of stories on here as well, just at much higher doses. I've run two 10mg cycles over 8 weeks and loved it. Gains were incredible. I trust my stash but have ordered some more to see if it was just the UGL. Crazy when you cant even dry your hair without bicep pumps..lol.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had the same issue with anadrol . I found a possible solution long after that cycle but quinine might help https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7665718

Orals seem to cause cramps as they do something with muscle contractions, potassium/sodium/water... Quinine is supposedly used in contest prep. I have yet to try myself but will try next time I use anadrol.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anavar can cause back pumps, and taurine is typically used to prevent that

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    I had the same issue with anadrol . I found a possible solution long after that cycle but quinine might help https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7665718

Orals seem to cause cramps as they do something with muscle contractions, potassium/sodium/water... Quinine is supposedly thanks used in contest prep. I have yet to try myself but will try next time I use anadrol.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

I added taurine and potassium but it may have been too late in the game. I will continue taking them hopefully building up so when my new gear gets here it may make a difference.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Anytime I have taken VAR I always get lower back pumps from just standing for a while. When I workout its something I have to keep an eye on. Up your water intake.

What other supplements are you taking while on cycle?

I'm taking 4G taurine daily, 99mg Potassium supp, 1 gallon + of water, and Green Mag creatine complex. Not taking a Pwo as the added pumps would probably kill me.

I've pulled some strings and have some pharma grade Var on the way. We will see how that goes. This still has me wondering, regardless of MGs taken... If the pumps are that prominent, the Var has to be working in some form or fashion or I wouldnt feel it... I would think. I know I was limited to 2.5mg on the last day, but damn that was an asskicker of a quarter pill.

1 gallon of water a day is not enough in my opinion. I drink 3/4 of a gallon at the gym alone and that’s for only an hour a half period of the day but also my biggest intake for such a short period of time.

Yeah ive heard of it happening with var in some people the way anadrol does it to me too. But i only get it with potent anadrol. Which makes me wonder first off if your var could be overdosed, not too likely as var is fairly costly, or more likely that it either isnt var or is cut with something else. If it is either of those, thats not good news for a woman.

If you run the pharma var and back pumps disappear, then i would surmise there is an issue with the quality of your current var. For safety sake, i would probably discontinue the current var just in case. Better to be safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy51577 View Post
    Yeah ive heard of it happening with var in some people the way anadrol does it to me too. But i only get it with potent anadrol. Which makes me wonder first off if your var could be overdosed, not too likely as var is fairly costly, or more likely that it either isnt var or is cut with something else. If it is either of those, thats not good news for a woman.

If you run the pharma var and back pumps disappear, then i would surmise there is an issue with the quality of your current var. For safety sake, i would probably discontinue the current var just in case. Better to be safe than sorry
    Thanks... I stopped taking it Saturday and was back to normal yesterday. Felt good to be in the gym and not be laying on the floor.

Wow! I'd have water coming out of all kinda places if I tried to drink that much that fast. I could do better on straight lift days. I'd vomit on functional days. You run out of places to put water when your a vertically challenged like me.

Quote Originally Posted by aznkcco View Post
    Wow! I'd have water coming out of all kinda places if I tried to drink that much that fast. I could do better on straight lift days. I'd vomit on functional days. You run out of places to put water when your a vertically challenged like me.
    I am 6'4 lol.......

Thread Information