Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By powerliftmike

Thread: Strength Cycle for Strongman

Strongmann95 is offline New Member

Strength Cycle for Strongman

I’ve got a world stage qualifying show coming up and I’m wondering what you guys think of this cycle.

Test E 500mg a week
    Prop 100mg every other day Stop 4 weeks out
    EQ 250mg a week Stop 4 weeks out
    Anadrol 50mg a day stop 4 weeks out
    Tren E 250mg a week 6 weeks out
    Halo 10mg a day last two weeks

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why would you run a long ester such as EQ when you’re going to stop after 4 weeks? And the orals you’ll take are known to be hard on liver. Do you have any plans for liver protection like NAC, TUDCA?
    Doesn’t seem like a good cycle to me, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    Why would you run a long ester such as EQ when you’re going to stop after 4 weeks? And the orals you’ll take are known to be hard on liver. Do you have any plans for liver protection like NAC, TUDCA?
    Doesn’t seem like a good cycle to me, at all. Yeah
    I do have liver support but I’m definitely weary of the orals especially since I’ve been treating my hypertension lately. I might hold off on orals for this competition. I’m stopping EQ 4 weeks out from the comp not after 4 weeks.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Have you much experience with Trenbolones? It tends to negatively impact CV capacity quite a bit, which could be a detriment in most strongman events. EQ is fairly weak too. What have you done in the past? Have they announced the events yet?

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Have you much experience with Trenbolones? It tends to negatively impact CV capacity quite a bit, which could be a detriment in most strongman events. EQ is fairly weak too. What have you done in the past? Have they announced the events yet?
    Never any experience in Tren . My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week
    DBol 25 mg a day until 2 weeks out then 50mg

My events are:
    Max Deadlift
    880 lbs yoke for 40ft
    Sandbag race, 3-275 lbs bags
    300 lbs log clean and press for reps
    Stone run up to 180kg

Quote Originally Posted by Strongmann95 View Post
    My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week
    I guess I should add this will be my second cycle ever.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Never any experience in Tren . My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week

My events are:
    Max Deadlift
    880 lbs yoke for 40ft
    Sandbag race, 3-275 lbs bags
    300 lbs log clean and press for reps
    Stone run up to 180kg
    I would suggest trying tren during some off season training when a contest is not imminent. In other words, leave it out. If you respond like most to it, it will make the 400kg yoke, the sandbags, and stone run more difficult. Not sure if you want to add in EQ for the appetite stimulation benefit or red blood cell boost? If it were me I would pass on it.

Out of your originally proposed cycle I think you will be very happy just raising the testosterone (either enthanate, prop, or both) and the anadrol . Let's say you have 10 weeks to prep: start with the testosterone and then at the end of cycle (month prior) add in anadrol. The anadrol will give you a little extra bulk and really boost up the hemoglobin and raise your work capacity to fly through the events. Orals are really best used for quick near-contest strength gains.
    Strongmann95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    I would suggest trying tren during some off season training when a contest is not imminent. In other words, leave it out. If you respond like most to it, it will make the 400kg yoke, the sandbags, and stone run more difficult. Not sure if you want to add in EQ for the appetite stimulation benefit or red blood cell boost? If it were me I would pass on it.

Out of your originally proposed cycle I think you will be very happy just raising the testosterone (either enthanate, prop, or both) and the anadrol. Let's say you have 10 weeks to prep: start with the testosterone and then at the end of cycle (month prior) add in anadrol. The anadrol will give you a little extra bulk and really boost up the hemoglobin and raise your work capacity to fly through the events. Orals are really best used for quick near-contest strength gains.
    Awesome. Thank you for your input, this is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m not coming here claiming to know everything and the people helping me haven’t worked with strongmen much haha.

What do you think for Halo? In or out? And should I test tren with ace or e?

lightitup is offline Junior Member
    Why not try NPP if your worried about joint pains, you get crazy strength of that

I’ve got a world stage qualifying show coming up and I’m wondering what you guys think of this cycle.

Test E 500mg a week
    Prop 100mg every other day Stop 4 weeks out
    EQ 250mg a week Stop 4 weeks out
    Anadrol 50mg a day stop 4 weeks out
    Tren E 250mg a week 6 weeks out
    Halo 10mg a day last two weeks

Thread Information