Thread: Diuretics

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member

Diuretics

Anybody know the dosing for Dyazide?

I've got the Dyazide because of there potasium sparing effect,just
    incase i'm still holding to much water after dehydrating

When would be the best time to start? aweek out from the show?
    How much, how often,pyramiding up,or tapering down,etc...

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
    Oedema:
    The usual adult starting dosage is one tablet twice daily after meals. When adequate control of oedema has been achieved, the patient may be maintained on one tablet daily. In some patients, one tablet every other day may be sufficient. The maximum daily dosage should not exceed four tablets per day.

Hypertension:
    The usual starting dosage is one tablet twice daily after meals. Subsequently, the dosage may be adjusted to the patient’s needs.
    Since ‘Dyazide’has an antihypertensive effect, its use with antihypertensive drugs requires reduced dosage of the latter agent. When ‘Dyazide’ is added to an antihypertensive agent already being used as therapy, the dosage of the other antihypertensive drug should be reduced - particularly if it is a ganglionic agent. Subsequent adjustments of dosage should be made as required.

SIDE-EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:
    Side-effects ordinarily mild, include: Muscle cramps, weakness, dizziness, headache and dry mouth, rash, urticaria, purpura with or without thrombocytopenia, neutropenia and agranulocytosis have occurred, and other dermatological conditions; nausea and vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation and other gastrointestinal disturbances. (Such nausea can usually be prevented by giving the drug after meals). It is seldom necessary to discontinue therapy because of side-effects.
    It should be noted that symptoms of nausea and vomiting can also be indicative of electrolyte imbalance. (See Precautions.)

THAT ALL I HAVE FOUND ON IT...............

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    mallet....dyazide is usually good about 1 week post show...that would give you time to drop the extra water and be short enough for the triamterene not to have kicked in good yet.....

spironolactone (aldactone) is another potassium sparing diuretic...but it doesnt have the anti-hypertensive additive like dyazide......

either one is run at 50mg per day max....

use 25mg and if your not dropping enough water, increase to 50 mg.....viper....

The Iron Game Guest

Re: Diuretics

Originally posted by Mallet
    I've got the Dyazide because of there potasium sparing effect,just incase i'm still holding to much water after dehydrating
    You plan on dehydrating?

IronGame

Thanx Fella's for the input!

Sorry IG! I should of said droppimg my sodium, as to not hold to
    much water.
    I still want water in the muscles for fullness, but I want the dry look, and paper thin skin, without cramping if possible!

IronGame

Thanx Fella's for the input!

Sorry IG! I should of said droppimg my sodium, as to not hold to
    much water.
    I still want water in the muscles for fullness, but I want the dry look, and paper thin skin, without cramping if possible!

Any suggestions?

Captainutrition is offline Associate Member
    Mallet

I know that this is an old thread but I was wondering how it worked for you. I just scored some triamterene and was wondering when to take it? I have my first show this weekend July, 19,2003

Thread Information