Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453

    Is Someone Selling Growth Hormone Absurdly Cheap or Something?

    While I haven't been here terribly long - perhaps a year - I don't ever recall so many posts regarding growth hormone . While the subject of the thread was typed somewhat jokingly, has the stuff seriously become more widely available? Is it now more "acceptable" with our circles than it was as little as a year ago? Someone fill me in....or at the very least speculate.

  2. #2
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Hahaha!! I agree. I see it for $1600 Cdn for a 126iu kit so I have no idea how everyone's talking about using it.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 07-17-2003 at 09:56 PM.

  3. #3
    Billy_Bathgate's Avatar
    Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    4,463
    2.60-5.00 / iu is what i usually see it for.

  4. #4
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    2.60-5.00 / iu is what i usually see it for.
    Will you be my new best friend!?

  5. #5
    BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    23
    4 bucks seems to be the standard, 2.6 would be nice. Mind to share what brand?

  6. #6
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Yeah i'm about to start a year of it, 2.60.... you lucky bastard.

  7. #7
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    HS guys! Locally I see it for $1600!

    I'm sure I could get it cheaper but haven't looked as I don't want it yet.

  8. #8
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Would someone mind enlightening me as to why the price structure of GH is the way it "is". I can understand how it was the case when they extracted from cadavers (supply and demand) but now is it not essentially a 192 branch amino acid chain or something to that effect? While I'm a science neophyte (or ignoramus altogether) I tend to think that UG labs and such would have jumped all over producing the stuff. Or, do they and I'm just not aware of it yet the price structure remains in place simply because it's expensive as hell to produce.

  9. #9
    gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Steroids are bad ummkay?
    Posts
    444
    i had the same question big green, why is it so costly to manufacture? Or is it harder for sources to get their hands on?

  10. #10
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Would someone mind enlightening me as to why the price structure of GH is the way it "is". I can understand how it was the case when they extracted from cadavers (supply and demand) but now is it not essentially a 192 branch amino acid chain or something to that effect? While I'm a science neophyte (or ignoramus altogether) I tend to think that UG labs and such would have jumped all over producing the stuff. Or, do they and I'm just not aware of it yet the price structure remains in place simply because it's expensive as hell to produce.


    Hey, Bro, I totally agree. All of a sudden KABOOM, HGH seems to be everywhere. It is actually 191 branch chain amino acid. . I barely knew anything about it a couple of months ago, and now I'm on my 2nd week of it. All I know, is my buddies who are in there 40's are on it and man do they look amazing. They are specimens and though they cycle, they will tell you that HGH is the shit!!! I will keep everyone up to date about how things go with me. I can tell you that I cannot lose my gut, so I'm hoping it helps me get lean.

    PEACE,

    BLT

  11. #11
    custom fit is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    not too far from you
    Posts
    505
    [QUOTE=BigGreen]Would someone mind enlightening me as to why the price structure of GH is the way it "is". IQUOTE]


    Basic Economics: Supply and Demand.

    I have a buddy that Is getting a kit of growth for $200, it's from China, if it's not source posting can someone tell me what kind it is, and if it is source posting, shoot me a pm.

    On a side note, Is it true that GH is safer (when used properly) than steroids ? I was reading an article years ago that stated that GH was safer, then why is it frowned upon by so many people?

  12. #12
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Would someone mind enlightening me as to why the price structure of GH is the way it "is". I can understand how it was the case when they extracted from cadavers (supply and demand) but now is it not essentially a 192 branch amino acid chain or something to that effect? While I'm a science neophyte (or ignoramus altogether) I tend to think that UG labs and such would have jumped all over producing the stuff. Or, do they and I'm just not aware of it yet the price structure remains in place simply because it's expensive as hell to produce.
    Making hgh is expensive and producing peptide hormones is a totally different ball game from making things like steroids which can be made in a beaker. Most UG labs dont even make the raw materials, they buy powders from overseas labs.

    The recombinant dna technology used to produce GH requires a large initial investment in facilities, few UG labs have the expertise and/or resources.

  13. #13
    Rickson's Avatar
    Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,165
    The UG labs are catching up and by this time next year I would expect the price of a decent HGH to be half what it is currently.

  14. #14
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    Im paying $1.50 - $2.15 per iu depending on how much i buy at one time.

    OG

  15. #15
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Mental Institution
    Posts
    2,293
    Regardless of the price. I think there are way to many people using it to soon.
    I know a bunch of people using it for a first, second, or third cycle which IMO is to soon in the game.

    D

  16. #16
    Lift Chief's Avatar
    Lift Chief is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Approaching Nirvana.
    Posts
    905
    I've seen it for very cheap but i will not be using it until my 40s... if at all.

  17. #17
    gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Steroids are bad ummkay?
    Posts
    444
    yeah im not going to use it until i'm way older. like 35 or 40 and I start to have a hard time staying lean.

  18. #18
    dizzle's Avatar
    dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    2,829
    I recently read something on AF about a patent that is on it. After that patent expires, there will be a lot more generic companies making it that will force the price to go down.

    http://www.anabolicfreaks.com/forum/...&threadid=4458

  19. #19
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    I'm gettin it for 4 bucks iu, running 6iu ed for a year.... gonna cost a freakin' fortune over 8 grand but hey... I could get it cheaper overseas but there is no way in hell I'm risking thousands of dollars over there, I'll stick to domestic and pay a little more. If prices drop any I'll probably never come off.

  20. #20
    Massive G's Avatar
    Massive G is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Making hgh is expensive and producing peptide hormones is a totally different ball game from making things like steroids which can be made in a beaker. Most UG labs dont even make the raw materials, they buy powders from overseas labs.

    The recombinant dna technology used to produce GH requires a large initial investment in facilities, few UG labs have the expertise and/or resources.
    Actually it's almost the exact same procedure used to make insulin except for the extra step in lyophilization. Insulin is ~$25 for 1000 ius
    1,000 iu's of GH would be about $100,000 purchased through a pharmacy! You are taking a risk on the chinese GH, it can be reduced in potency and some can produce antibodies for it, and before using it I would sterile filter it and flush the filter.
    It all boils down to supply demand and greed of the industry legit and otherwise.

  21. #21
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive G
    Actually it's almost the exact same procedure used to make insulin except for the extra step in lyophilization. Insulin is ~$25 for 1000 ius
    1,000 iu's of GH would be about $100,000 purchased through a pharmacy! You are taking a risk on the chinese GH, it can be reduced in potency and some can produce antibodies for it, and before using it I would sterile filter it and flush the filter.
    It all boils down to supply demand and greed of the industry legit and otherwise.
    Yes it is, but the demand for insulin is much higher, they can recoup their expenses at a lower price as opposed to HGH...

    Basic economics, that's not greed it's common sense, if you spend 10 mill on a state of the art facility you need to recoup the investment.

    Once HGH replacement therapy really gets going the prices will drop as it becomes more profitable.

  22. #22
    Massive G's Avatar
    Massive G is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Yes it is, but the demand for insulin is much higher, they can recoup their expenses at a lower price as opposed to HGH...

    Basic economics, that's not greed it's common sense, if you spend 10 mill on a state of the art facility you need to recoup the investment.

    Once HGH replacement therapy really gets going the prices will drop as it becomes more profitable.
    10 million? try 100 million. I have been working in the pharm industry for over 15 years and know what I am talking about.
    It's so expensive because they can charge it and don't expect them to give you a deal....

  23. #23
    gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Steroids are bad ummkay?
    Posts
    444
    I would hope that this stuff will be getting cheaper during the next decade. The whole age reversing thing is a fairly new concept and people will be catching on and going to those clinics more and more.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •